Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    DH scales with haste, easy to spot and to test with indeed Altairus and Cookie in DM's.
    Same for hymm of hope btw.

Also about the tank spec, the Atonement spec u have as raid spec. IS also good for tank healing, i use that (2 points different tho) spec as tank healing and my smites hits for more than heal can, its more effective than heal and it reduces penance which is a good efficient heal as we disc priests all knows. It makes sure i have my 4piece bonus up again before it runs out.

When the OH Shit comes, i got wings and helping tanks back up.

Rarely i see my smites goes to a melee, there fights that gives smite more healing as well.
    Omnotron > Poison cloud and Arcanotrons puddle.
    Valiona > Engulfic Magic
    Halfus > debuff on halfus

Cho Gall 2 healing, im on the add tank We have extra dps staying on halfus cus i dps the big add as well + healing the add tank.

Theres more to Atonement than classify it as raid healing as smiting is imo more tank healing if u have competent melee avoiding bad stuff. Disc has more routes to go with for same roles, its more a gear choice that defines u as raid or tank healing.

Both ur specs can do both roles as efficiently.
    Its just a matter of liking smite or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    DerrHans~ yes and no.

Yes, you can tank heal without SoS (and you will find a few current debates on the subject)
    No, without SoS, the spec would still be defined as "raid healer"

Keep in mind as experience builds one may change spec depending on raid healing team and role.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Inner Focus / Prayer of Healing Macro:

#show Prayer of Healing
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast Inner Focus
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=target] Prayer of Healing
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Inner Focus / Greater Heal Macro:
    Having /stopcasting in a macro that people will spam to chain heal casts is a very bad idea. You haven't needed /stopcasting between off-GCD and cast time abilities in a macro since TBC, if that's the intention. Last but not least, dumping errors from the PoH or GH cast is not good. I'd suggest:

#show <Spellname>
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast [@target] <Spellname>

Power Infusion Macro: Set to only self target, this will save time and miss click casts on other players.

#Showtooltip Power Infusion
    /target player
    /cast [help] Power Infusion
    /targetlasttarget
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Why would you not want to see errors if something goes wrong with the PI cast? This should simply be:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@player] Power Infusion

Deleted
    Its a personal choice, SoS or SoL..
    People can debate about it, fact stays its personal

10+ Year Old Account
    Casey, Will try PoH and GH macro you posted when home, can't remember why stop casting was added.
    The PI macro I have shown can be spell linked, hiding errors when PI on CD.

Adding to your macro:

#showtooltip
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Its a personal choice, SoS or SoL..
    People can debate about it, fact stays its personal
    For tank healing, SoS v. SoL isn't a personal choice. SoL completely underperforms SoS. Now, if you are raid healing, and your last two points are SoS v. SoL, then yeah, its a personal choice.

Adding to your macro:

#showtooltip
    /targetlasttarget
    It doesn't need a /targetlasttarget, since it doesn't change/affect/have anything to do with targeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the guide =) nice job getting Spiritus' approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post

#show <Spellname>
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast [@target] <Spellname>

#showtooltip
    Casey~Both macro's are wonderful, thank you! Had a chance to test with a guildie in group, working as intended.

Changing macro's in guide to reflect what you posted. If you have any other macro's you find helpful please post.

Thanks

I know its difficult, but even a introductory guide needs to include a discussion on stats. While you may not feel comfortable giving weights or suggested benchmarks, a basic look at how INT, SPI, CRT, HST, & MST function for the Disc priest would boost the value of this document.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I know its difficult, but even a introductory guide needs to include a discussion on stats. While you may not feel comfortable giving weights or suggested benchmarks, a basic look at how INT, SPI, CRT, HST, & MST function for the Disc priest would boost the value of this document.
    *runs and hides*

Yes Sir, I have been avoiding this topic *gulp* need to select my words wisely as not to have pages of debate...

Thanks for the guide. I was wondering if there's any possibility for a "what to use when" kind of section, or perhaps a bit on how most disc priests do their healing (might be out of scope for a beginning guide, but I find it's very helpful to see what other successful disc priests recommend to do as general healing rotation tips).

Another note to add about DA: many new disc priests may not know that DA can build on itself if it has not yet been consumed. For example, if a disc priest casts PoH (with the glyph), a DA procs and a HoT procs, and if the HoT crits, the "second" DA is added to the original one. Thus, a DA is never "wasted" if there's a stronger one on someone already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Deleted
    Thank you for this guide. Will get it to our new disc priest asap to help out a bit

honestly i dont want to be rude but if your feeding this garb to your guildmates your mean. No disc priest except maybe a Atonement specced 10m healer will ever pick up Darkness for disc. Im sure borrowed time past your glance. Your "tank" healing spec is the standard NON atonement spec if you forgive that terrible choice of darkness>Veiled shadows. Your "raid" healing spec is no more of a raid spec than the first one. Not going to say much more on this but your knowledge of disc is fairly limited. Love you anyways <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Milkshake~ Thank you for your kind words, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Perhaps you can enlighten us with your wisdom by elaborating your thoughts, please keep in mind this guide is geared for new raiders. Hugs <3

Deleted
    Milkshake fails (again) to acknowledge that Darkness vs. Veiled Shadows is an individual choice. See whatever works best for you. I'm mainly tank healing too and I have absolutely no mana problems. So I go with Darkness. Simple as that.

This is a very well written guide. As always spiritus approval is a must . I do not consider myself a beginer however I found that the macro's were actually helpful even to me. I have everything keybound, however these macro's will cutdown my binding and make me heal more efficiently.
    I am not bipolar. I am bi-winning. I win here, I win there. I am always winning. Duh

Milk, please enlighten us with your math and or/reasoning to support the choice of Veiled Shadows over Darkness. I look forward to reading your guide to Disc.

Darkness is wasted plain and simple if your tank healing w/ SoS you will easily keep up BT while maintaining fairly decent Rap procs. If your raid healing and your having issue's keeping up BT your pretty terrible and id assume not healing at all. Now Im sure darkness seems wonderful free haste and resto shamans are so amazing. Nerf incoming and Veiled not only allows you to Fade more frequently great for any fight w/ adds sinestra maloriak halfus chogall etc, but it also allows you to all be it very low increase overall raid damage and get mana back. Not even atonement priest's use darkness and thats the only way i could ever seeing the use of haste when you have 15% on command as needed.

Disc guide

Step 1 spec correctly

Step 2 Stack mastery and spirit you will need it

step 3 If healing requirement is low use heals as needed if healing is intense penance-Bubble-PoH-(IF)Bubble-PoH-penance

Step 4 Your entire spec is based on Mitigation know when PW:B and PS are needed again use knowledge of fights to your advantage.

Step 5 Profit from huge absorbs and DA on the end of every PoH

Step 6 Watch Conq tokens not drop for months at a time because blizzard hates us
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2011-06-14 at 10:48 AM.