Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there any Guild Wars 2 Release date? or anything like that?

Heya,
    I was just curious about if there is any release date for GW2 or if there's any new information about any beta, if they're up and going or if there will be soon. And if there will be, any place to start apply for it. I really don't wanna miss this game ^_^.

Btw, keep yourself out of this thread wow gamers if you're here to hate, GW sucks wow is better childish way. If you're like that I'm just gonna report your post as spam. Same goes for the patient guild wars waiters. Keep it clean. Btw, I don't know if there's a other thread about this, sorry if there is :[

I've been hearing alot of rumours that it's going to be sometime in the fall at the latest. Others say it's August-September. My friend just got into the beta and says it looks absolutely amazing but still extremely buggy.

The only official info we've had is that they expect to start closed beta this year. I'd be quite surprised to see it released before January.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard 20th November with a report from some GW2 creator guy. Not sure if correct and if it is, it'll most likely get delayed, LIKE EVERYTHING

10+ Year Old Account
    they have a firm policy of not stating a release date unless they're sure it will be released on that day. So right now the date is still "When it's done". This way there will be no delays, since you need a date to actually delay it :P

closed beta is scheduled for this year, and they're on track for that, open beta will be short.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethknell68 View Post
    I've been hearing alot of rumours that it's going to be sometime in the fall at the latest. Others say it's August-September. My friend just got into the beta and says it looks absolutely amazing but still extremely buggy.
    Thats funny that your friend got into a beta which has not even started yet...
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Thats funny that your friend got into a beta which has not even started yet...
    Well my friend is already raiding and getting rank 1 pvp in the beta of Titan, so, I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm betting early 2012. Sucks cause there is nothing to play.. Hopefully SF4:AE and Dues Ex holds me over.

There is no beta. Only a friends and family alpha atm.

1. Release date is not officially announced yet.
    2. ArenaNet has confirmed that there will be a closed beta before the end of 2010.
    3. ArenaNet has told us that the open beta will be very short and more like a preview of the final version of the game.
    4. For more updates, see their convention schedule:
    http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanets-tradeshow-summer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Btw, I don't know if there's a other thread about this, sorry if there is :[
    Very seldom i post outside anything not RIFT related, but i direct you to:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-One-Thread

A very well maintained and informative Thread with all news past, current and future debate about GW2

For an example of thinly disguised troll threads that contribute nothing to GW2 debates and pretend to be "honest" opinions or questions, but drag out the "WoW roxx!! GW2 suxx!!" pro players:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ery-good-story

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-in-game-store

Stick with the main thread

Deleted
    Poll on GW2guru suggest Q1 2012. We might know more after the gamescom in August.

Deleted
    nonono bneta has not started
    10 chars

Officially?

"When it's ready"

Unnoficially?

Next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wyzim View Post
    1. Release date is not officially announced yet.
    2. ArenaNet has confirmed that there will be a closed beta before the end of 2011.
    3. ArenaNet has told us that the open beta will be very short and more like a preview of the final version of the game.
    4. For more updates, see their convention schedule:
    http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanets-tradeshow-summer
    Here's everything you need to know, but fix't the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have just read through the last few pages of the mega thread for all this...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

You're friend is a liar since they aren't even in alpha yet. And the is no Closed or private beta's yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    You're friend is a liar since they aren't even in alpha yet. And the is no Closed or private beta's yet.
    I'm pretty sure there is an alpha currently running. I know I've seen some posts about it and I know that I've seen something similar to a talent tree, but it had icons for the different weapons and the different selectable abilities (not tied to the weapons). I'll see if I can dig it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    Lets be ambassadors!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Lets be ambassadors!
    Your new avatar.......... cant stop staring