Thread: Ashes Of Al'ar

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol...no comment
    ok fair enough

so you got it, 2 other ppl got it in a short period after u did......so lets remove the items?

u must be a troll...else, sry but this is just dumb
    thats a comment..

mount should have been removed after 3.0

IDC if it's super rare..it should have been earned by hard work..not over powering the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    About the RNG. I always found that someone who works hard should get rewarded and not someone who is extremely lucky.
    I cought 25000 fish from one pool to get an achievement. I don't have the achievement yet. Some other guy got it after catching 50 fish. The difference is just retarded.
    An MMO without randomness would be boring as hell.

It's precisely the fact that the next cast could be the one that finally gets what you want that has kept you going for so long.
    Pliers, Ret Pally
    <Something Wicked>
    US-Whisperwind
    Semi-retired

Quote Originally Posted by velvite View Post
    everyones taking this the wrong way,
    im new to the forums, how can i close a thread?
    Indeed.

To me, you were just wondering why you've seen two other mounts since you've got yours. It has been answered before I guess, but here we go once more. I think it is because you're now noticing the mounts or it is just because the other two got lucky too.

It's not a jar with 997 white sweets and 3 that happen to be the Ashes. The jar is more likely to be filled with 999 white sweets and 1 Ashes. If you pick one of them, the jar resets itself the next week. Beginning with 999 whites and one Ashes all over again.

It pains me to play the same game the OP plays.

Not sure why everyone is hating on the OP, theres been 4 ashes drop on my realm within 2 weeks, I've been suspecting the drop rate might be higher as well.

Deleted
    The mount should have been removed years ago.
    It's not cool to obtain this mount now and I really don't admire or look up to someone who has one anymore. I also completely don't have the need anymore to obtain one myself. It's awesome to have gotten this mount on level 70 but getting it at level 80+ is just lame.
    I don't think people want to get this mount to gain admiration or to be 'cool'. I think they probably just want it because it looks nice, or are going for mount achievements etc.

Deleted
    " QQQQQQ i want to be the only one with shiniiieeees" that what i just heard.

15+ Year Old Account
    So 6 days ago, on tuesday i got my Ashes of al'ar..

do you think it should be removed since so many have it already?
    Nope. Many others would like to get it aswell. RNG = Can drop 10 times in a row or not even once in a year

it was buffed awhile back its not super high ofc, but its like 1-2% now.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

It's awesome to have gotten this mount on level 70 but getting it at level 80+ is just lame.
    Wrong. A beautifully designed mount is just as beautiful at 80+ as 70. Maybe easier to get, but still just as nice.

stupid thread is stupid!...."amg I got lucky with my mount,now is time for blizz to remove it so me can remain special"

srsly dude,what did you expect people to react upon reading this?to agree and support you and make a petition to blizz to remove the item so you can be our special hero?

As much as you wanted that mount so does everybody else!Why shouldn't others be lucky too?

Deleted
    The OP only asked if the drop rate was stealth buffed. He said nothing about being special or that it should be removed.

Did anyone actually read the OP or did everyone just proceed to the hating?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    The OP only asked if the drop rate was stealth buffed. He said nothing about being special or that it should be removed.

Did anyone actually read the OP or did everyone just proceed to the hating?
    Obviously you didn't read it well.He specifically asked if we think it should be removed cause others got it after he did!!

I say no!Let it stay till every player that had the patience to go there at least 100 times gets it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the droprate has been increased. In my opinion, it's more likely that more people have gotten it lately, since it's a LOT easier to farm these days.

In TBC you needed a full raid (duh) to get it, and in WotLK you had to have a group of people. Nowadays, many classes can solo it, and 3 manning it takes very short time. That's why i think more poeple have it: because more people farm it, since it's faster and the chances of getting it with 1, 2 or 3 people is greater than going with 10 or 25 people.

In my guild we've had a couple of them drop in Cataclysm, but nothing major within the past weeks.

But gz to the op for getting it :-) A very nice mount indeed ^^
    <Stasis>, Ravencrest EU

this has been posted so many times before, and no it's most likely not been buffed, RNG is just RNG.

i kind of feel bad for the Op yall are rutheless this guy asked a simple question and all you guys did was try to find some sort of hidden meaning and flame the shit out of him. he said nothing about feeling special all he askd was if anyone else is thinking there was a stealth buff to the drop rate. i mean ive seen 4-5 flying around SW and by people whos guilds ive never heard of so i mean hes completely justified asking this question. maybe you guys should put down the flame basket and read his post more clearly. sorry you got bashed OP and btw grats on your mount man i havnt seen it drop yet. tbh i havnt seen a single mount drop from any raid. no ony mount no ashes i havnt even seen a blue proto drake mount. ive seen the mounts for hardmodes and acheive runs but thats all =(

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    So 6 days ago, on tuesday i got my Ashes of al'ar..
    and ever since tuesday ive seen 2 people on my realm who've gotten it aswell
    in the days since i had it.

do you think the drop rate has been stealth buffed?
    do you think it should be removed since so many have it already?

tell me your thoughts!
    OK lets all play teh assumption game. You ASSUME (unless you asked which I bet you didn't) they dropped recently, just because you see them. Why could they not have had them since BC and just have come back to play now. Mebe they didn't like the look of teh mount(prob not)and decided to keep it away? A ton of reasons could occur. Bur lemme get this straight YOU get it 6 days ago like 2 x-pacs late and NOW you feel it should be removed cuz too many have it. If thats the case please delete yours (if you really even have it) because geting it 6 days ago is soo lame....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.