Thread: Tobacco

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here (I agree with you), but the argument against that is it raises health care costs.
    The only problem with that is that if you remove tobacco, booze, trans fats, et al. The prices for consumers and companies to get health care is NOT going to go down. They have a corner on a market and have no one forcing them to drop the prices.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennix View Post
    You spit into a cup, rather than blow an acrid cloud of smoke into the air.

OT: You would have a lot of pissed off smokers if they quit making them. I mean ALOT
    Yeah i know, its a sad thing since they are literally killing themself with every cigarette and yet they "depend" of it in their daily basis

And yes, i am talking about cigarettes not about tobacco overall

Deleted
    We could also ban alcohol, driving above 40mp/h and everything else remotely dangerous but enjoyable.. I don't smoke and never have, but its their own decision.. as long as they don't smoke right in my face I don't care.

People choose to smoke knowing the health risks and the potential for addiction, so really, it's their call. Like driving without a seatbelt, etc. You know the risks but in the end, it's a personal choice that you can make. I personally do not smoke, but I don't care if other people do, as long as they don't do it around me. Yeah, lots of people die from it every year, but they know that if they smoke for years and years then they can develop lung cancer and die. There's a warning right on the package.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfried View Post
    Yeah i know, its a sad thing since they are literally killing themself with every cigarette and yet they "depend" of it in their daily basis

It's such a stereotype. You know that there are things in the food you eat that at high enough dosage can "cause cancer"? Practically everything we do is in some way or form a risk to your life. We're all dieing, everyday we are all 1 day closer to our death beds, be it from smoking or growing old.

A typical saying is "gotta die from something", now while I find it a silly expression (seeing as i'd rather die of old age than of painful lung cancer), there is some truth in it. We are all going to die, you might as well do stuff in life that you enjoy while you can, be it smoking or chewing tobacco.

Its pretty said that people are out in the sunlight when its literally killing them with every moment of exposure and yet they are dependent on it.

Sun exposure causes skin cancer and yet its required for human life.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    Its pretty said that people are out in the sunlight when its literally killing them with every moment of exposure and yet they are dependent on it.

does that mean basement dwelling gamers die sooner than other humans? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    does that mean basement dwelling gamers die sooner than other humans? ;D
    Possibly, but whether that's because of a lack of sunlight or an over exposure to Cheetos is one for the doctors to figure out.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post

Heh, thats a topic for another thread!!.

@d3v, yeah man i see your point, we all will die at some time, in one way or another, so i guess theres nothing we can do to stop people killing themself with cigarettes even tho its a problem that could be avoided by some selfcontrol, not by stoping smoking but just by somking less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, thats a topic for another thread!!.

@d3v, yeah man i see your point, we all will die at some time, in one way or another, so i guess theres nothing we can do to stop people killing themself with cigarettes even tho its a problem that could be avoided by some selfcontrol, not by stoping smoking but just by somking less.
    To some people cigarettes are a way to calm down, a way to eat less so they don't gain weight, a distraction to stop themselves thinking about certain things etc.

I fully support non public smoking, others should not have to breathe in your smoke, but I have nothing against smoking alone, at home for example.

There are bigger problems in the world, like genocides and what not, frankly smoking should be the least of our worries.

To some people cigarettes are a way to calm down, a way to eat less so they don't gain weight, a distraction to stop themselves thinking about certain things etc.

I fully support non public smoking, others should not have to breathe in your smoke, but I have nothing against smoking alone, at home for example.

There are bigger problems in the world, like genocides and what not, frankly smoking should be the least of our worries.
    Well, i dont have any problem with the people who smoke because thats their personal choice, my concern is more with the companys that produce it, they know its something that will kill some1 somwhere in some time and yet they dont care, i guess its all about money. And yes, i know theres bigger problems in the world, i just wanted to know the opinions of other people on this singular problem.

Deleted
    Drum Blue, smells like motherf**king bacon.
    cigarettes drunk smoking time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DateMyAvatar View Post
    If you get rid of cigarettes, get rid of alcohol, impose restrictions on how much food you can eat, on how little exercise you can have a day. It's all bullshit, let people ruin their own health it's their problem.
    Please. Let me kill myself on my own will, it's not that I need to have a cigarette, it's that I want a cigarette, it's all mental, I just like it and don't want to stop smoking. I smoke much more when I'm around my friends and bandmates, who almost all smoke.

It's absurd to even be talking about this, it's no different than drinking alcohol... both are poisons that harm your body yet we as consenting adult choose to accept the consequences for the enjoyment.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

3 people are born for every 1 person that dies. I dont want to turn this into one of "those" conversations. People need to let natural selection do its course. and if people want to smoke and have a higher chance of dying sooner then they should, let em

Quote Originally Posted by exquisite View Post
    The herd needs to be thinned somehow.
    He has a point. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    It's such a stereotype. You know that there are things in the food you eat that at high enough dosage can "cause cancer"? Practically everything we do is in some way or form a risk to your life. We're all dieing, everyday we are all 1 day closer to our death beds, be it from smoking or growing old.

A typical saying is "gotta die from something", now while I find it a silly expression (seeing as i'd rather die of old age than of painful lung cancer), there is some truth in it. We are all going to die, you might as well do stuff in life that you enjoy while you can, be it smoking or chewing tobacco.
    this is exactly what i say/think when my health conscious friend starts ranting about organic foods and this and that, "hey, i picked up these organic eggs, did you know they put hormones" blah fucking blah man, did you know you inhale carbon dioxide from automobiles everyday anyway?

you drink and enjoy recreational drugs, work a highly stressful job and even smoke tobacco sometimes. the damage is done, go ahead and eat organic eggs and drink almond milk, you're still gonna die.

there's nothing wrong with being healthy, but some of these people are just ridiculous. really thinking they're real green and eco-positive, self-righteous asses. don't tell me about calories, preservatives and corn syrup, heard it all before bro.
    Last edited by msdos; 2011-06-26 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it should not be illegal.

It should only be illegal to subject other (unwilling or unwitting) people to it.

For the same reason that me eating a big mac doesn't affect you in the slightest, you smoking in the privacy of your own home doesn't affect me in the slightest. However, if I'm in a public place, and I have to breathe your smoke in, maybe you should have a bite of my hamburger.

No? Didn't think so.

I'm all for people being free to do whatever they want to their own bodies. My support ends, however, when they infringe upon other peoples' - particularly children. For instance, it should be illegal to smoke in a car with children present. (In some places, it is!)

Quote Originally Posted by DateMyAvatar View Post
    If you get rid of cigarettes, get rid of alcohol, impose restrictions on how much food you can eat, on how little exercise you can have a day. It's all bullshit, let people ruin their own health it's their problem.
    agree.

/10chars

Deleted
    Just ban cigarettes ??? Lol seriously ?

People die from alcohol aswell, and from driving cars and not to mention the combo of both.

Same goes with the food, nowadays you dont even know what theyve put into ur food.

Let people smoke, if they want ( i am a smoker ), they ( me ) know the risks, plus our the money we pay for the damn sticks is good tax money