15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    <------ Star Wars Lore nerd

I have no lore complaints with this game yet.

Except that romancing as a Jedi gives dark side points
    Join the dark side! >;D

Kinda stretching it a bit far on that i have to agree.

NON homosexual romancing. Were Jedi not enlightened enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Join the dark side! >;D
    I will never turn to the dark side. You have failed your Sithieness, I am a Jedi, like my last game's main character was before me!

I still think that's just a rumor. The only information we have going on is romancing this 1 specific NPC gives dark points. We have no idea if romancing your companions will also give dark side points. There's dozens of Jedi throughout all of history that have had wives and lovers and weren't dark side. So I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I still think that's just a rumor. The only information we have going on is romancing this 1 specific NPC gives dark points. We have no idea if romancing your companions will also give dark side points. There's dozens of Jedi throughout all of history that have had wives and lovers and weren't dark side. So I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.
    This doesn't show that romance does/ought to give DS points, but it's the official post regarding romance.

Originally Posted by DanielErickson
    Hey folks,

Easy to give the official answer. But first let's make sure we're all on the same page. Cultures change over time. They move one way then another, values shift, influxes of new peoples or discoveries change what is considered normal, etc. So if we're strictly talking about TOR then arguments based on things that happened thousands of years earlier or later aren't really applicable except to compare and contrast. Our views on modern marriage are not those of ancient Rome, and I doubt in 3,000 years they will be the same. So let's talk about where Jedi and Sith during the time period of The Old Republic.

For the last two hundred years the Jedi Order has been getting steadily more conservative. The liberalization that was necessary to restock the Jedi's numbers in the century after the events of Knights of the Old Republic II is now looked back on as a necessary evil. In the time that followed there were a number of terrible Dark Jedi who emerged as warlords and worse.

The two factors that showed up the most often in analysis of what caused Jedi to fall were unorthodox training methods and romantic entanglements. Thus in the following centuries training became more orthodox, with a return to the Jedi Order's earlier traditions. Which Masters were allowed to train padawans (and which could train more than one at once) became more restrictive and romance became one of the most guarded against emotional weakness. As the game opens it is possible to get married as a Jedi but it requires a lengthy process of approval including from the Jedi Council itself. A couple must prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they are both able to handle the strain romantic couples can endure. All children of Jedi are taken from them and raised by the Jedi as a whole, the same as other Force users in the Republic.
    This argument shows, to me, why the Jedi would be forbidden from romance. It doesn't, however, show me that the pursuit of romance itself is a dark-side impulse. It's certainly dangerous because of the presence of passion, but only because of what can happen as a result of the explosive fuel that passion is. Concealment of the relationship via lying certainly could be a DS act, but that's only because of the interaction between the Council's official position on the issue, the mandate to follow the Council's edicts, and the existence of such a relationship.

I've been hearing rumors that SWG servers will be going down permanently once TOR comes out. This true? Will be absolutely crazy if it is....

Oh and bout time mmo-champ came back online

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think that SWTOR will launch before/shortly after/as they close down SWG on December 15th? >.>

Although that date does still rather late ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    Anyone think that SWTOR will launch before/shortly after/as they close down SWG on December 15th? >.>

Although that date does still rather late ~_~
    I think it'll launch far before. I think early-mid august, but no later than mid september.

And yes, SWG is closing its doors. They will stop selling the game on Sept. 15th, and servers will shut down on Dec. 15th.

it's no rumor SWG servers are down December 15 regardless of when TOR comes out.

speaking of Jedi kids, how awesome would it be if Revan and Bastila had kids somewhere.

I think it'll launch far before. I think early-mid august, but no later than mid september.
    I think you are going to end up quite disappointed.

Deleted

Is romance as a Jedi actually forbidden in the lore? Since in KOTOR if you romance with Bastila she says she shouldn't of done that etc, and it's against the code, and in Episode 2 they say it's against the code of the Jedi, when Anakin gets it on with Padamé.

When I looked it up I found mixed repsonses so I'm not sure. Although I wanted to play a female character in-game, I'm not a fan of romancing up a male, so if it is against the code and leads to DS points, it could be good for me, since I want to play a light Jedi anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    it's no rumor SWG servers are down December 15 regardless of when TOR comes out.

speaking of Jedi kids, how awesome would it be if Revan and Bastila had kids somewhere.
    *Cough* Its Hinted that Satele Shan is a descendant of Revan and Bastila *Cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airia View Post
    I think you are going to end up quite disappointed.
    Take a look at this.

Here is a very interesting video from E3. Especially what he says around 6:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSvswG-9zCA

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 11:27 PM ----------

*Cough* Its Hinted that Satele Shan is a descendant of Revan and Bastila *Cough*
    It says on the SWTOR, that she is a desendant of Bastila.

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/bi...er-satele-shan

15+ Year Old Account
    It was never confirmed that Revan had a child with Bastilla.

Maybe in the new book...
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-06-26 at 10:38 PM.

awesome. she looks kind of old though, a descendant of Bastila as a companion would be even better. she looked better in some of the younger pics on wookieepedia.

I can't picture Bastila having a kid with anyone else.

I think I played KOTOR 5-6 times and used Bastila every time she was definitely my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    It was never confirmed that Revan had a child with Bastilla.
    Which is why I said "Hinted" :P
    Satele Shan's biography page on the official website has several Aurebesh phrases. They translate as "Jedi exiled her mother," "blood of Revan," and "a secret son."
    - Wookieepedia.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    awesome. she looks kind of old though, a descendant of Bastila as a companion would be even better. she looked better in some of the younger pics on wookieepedia.

I can't picture Bastila having a kid with anyone else.

I think I played KOTOR 5-6 times and used Bastila every time she was definitely my favorite.
    The trailers show battles fairly early in the war, she is in her 40s - 50s during the game when she is Grand Master. That is still extremely young for any Jedi, and she is the youngest Grand Master ever, at least up until this time.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-06-26 at 10:42 PM.

Just because the Jedi Council doesn't like something doesn't mean it's a dark side act. The council may not like your romance, but that doesn't mean you'll get dark side points for doing it. I have a really hard time swallowing that flirting with your companions will reward dark side points. Your actions after that point will determine it. Remember, just saying something isn't light or dark side, it's your actual actions. You can be a complete ass hole, but still go around and save orphanages. Just the romance alone shouldn't reward dark side points. It doesn't make sense to me, especially in the context of the game/universe. It's your actions as the result of that romance that should reward dark side points, or not.

Also, SOE's license with LucasArts runs out at the start of 2012, and this basically means that LucasArts didn't want to renew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I love star wars, but i dont like healers in star wars game...Its just plain stupid to me. I will still be watching movies on weekly basis, wow is game, star wars is movie franchise. IF u think ur bigger star wars fan then I am, no ur not, ppl are addicted to wow, am addicted to watching star wars movies, but i just wont gonna play it.HEALers in star wars, is just stupid as shit. Gamep is fantastic, but again healers in star wars, ffs bioware started adding idiotic shit pre realese. They are worse then blizz, blizz actually starts screwing lore and game after 2-3 years, but these guys over done it. After few more shit years of wow, ill prolly play twisted metal or something, cause mmo's are full of shit
    Mods, i'm sorry but

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

now to report ->

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoa View Post
    Mods, i'm sorry but

*SNIP*

now to report ->
    I think the mods will forgive you. They were probably thinking the same thing.

I think the mods will forgive you. They were probably thinking the same thing.
    well since it's useless to even try and explain anything to people with that kind of attitude i just couldn't really think any other way of expressing the feeling i got from that post.

OT: a few pages back was this post about marauders skills, don't you think they have a little too many stuns on short cooldown?