Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wowprogress has a rule against faction change abusers (paying real money for ingame advantage is cheating, no matter what anyone says). So while it may be a "first kill" it really doesn't count.

There's no reason why they should be banned, or that it shouldn't count. they took the extra step. wasted money. and now they have the 1st

It's blizzards responsibility to make sure this doesn't happen. It's no secret that people exploit the game whenever possible, and this specific exploit has been done before.

And if your all butthurt cuz they beat ya too it, too bad for you it seems. It's ok tho, its an acheivment...

Deleted
    HAHA how long would you go for a world first...... only way they have a chance is to pay blizz even more GJ tho guess the boss wasn't that easy

PSN getting hacked, unworthy of frontpage news. Steam sales up, worthy of front page. oooooooooooooooooooooooookay

Pretty sure its unintended... why would they change it so server transfers don't reset raid ID but faction changes do? Seems more like an oversight by Blizzard ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterraia View Post
    Doesn't count, they exploited a feature of the game, i.e. cheated, so this is a waste of a post. Don't track crap. I just killed a worg using Thunderfury, wearing a pink dress, and used the rainbow generator trinket while I /kissed my mojo frog. And I had 4 dwarven women doing a sword dance around me, after using the archy item. All of this at once. I'm pretty sure that's world first. That's just as noteworthy as this kill.
    This isn't even possible, Rainbow Generator needs a target to be used since it's an attack, but you said you used Thunderfury to kill the worg so you can't have done them at the same time.

As for the actual news, grats Stars. I don't care if they cheated or not!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagmat View Post
    Boubouille, you are rapidly approaching your 8000th post. I wonder.. does anyone on this forum have more posts than you? And are you going to do anything to celebrate this momentous milestone?
    While Boub has a big post count i there are a couple of mods with more posts i think Elementium has the most around 12 000.

I hope they will get banned and their world first kill taken away from them ... to make a condition for players "if you want to be world first, pay us extra money" is absolutely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by clockmasher View Post
    I heard GM showed up and locked the instance as they were about to kill a second heroic boss.
    Do you got proof on that somewhere or? There's lots of rumors floating around

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroRX View Post
    pissing other players off = less money.
    Seriously though, who is going to quit wow because some Taiwanese guild got a world first by faction changing? It doesn't impact on me or 99% of the playerbase in any way shape or form.

I like that orcs don't get "married" with a "wedding", the life bond thing is way cooler.

Asian guilds have always been months or weeks behind in patch releases, maybe this one time one week being ahead is not so unfair..
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terashi View Post
    Wowprogress has a rule against faction change abusers (paying real money for ingame advantage is cheating, no matter what anyone says). So while it may be a "first kill" it really doesn't count.
    Well it does seeing wowprogress dont make the official rankings lol.

EDIT: i also love how people are like 'omg they exploited the game' when im pretty sure alot of the player base are currently abusing the broken daily reset to get into the quest hub faster...
    Last edited by Terrorbladez; 2011-07-01 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't be a new raiding tier without drama.

I believe in the ToA or Eula that there is a rule against this kind of thing. And reading the faction change features, it isn't supposed to reset raid lock outs. I'd be very surprised if they don't get some sort of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Terashi View Post

I promise you they won't care, even if it's not acknowledged they'll know they had world 1st, and im sure they are quite proud lol

Quote Originally Posted by Optimize View Post
    Well it does seeing wowprogress dont make the official rankings lol.
    Any major raiding guild recognizes WoWProgress as the official rankings.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I blame RL social situations for this. I mean lets not keep a man down. Maybe its just the American coming out in me, but they have it harder in WOW in TW on a chinese server, they should get the same WoW chances we all get (server reset being equal also). I mean think about it, they have to try 2 times as hard. You shake a 20oz soda bottle long enough then open it, you can't be shocked it explodes.

Did they or did they not get PTR inv? Truth on that needs to be clear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clever STARS, but it is still exploiting game mechanics. I see a three day ban incoming from the start of next week's raid reset and whatever heroic kills they achieve scratched off their record. The reason Blizzard doesn't allow guilds to move straight into heroics after completing normal mode is pretty simple: if the top guilds cleared all the content in one week instead of two, that's one less week they have to work on 3.3.

Kidding. But seriously, this is exploitative and I can't see Blizzard letting it slip without repercussions. They should have gated stuff more than simply the transition from normal to heroic, too, to prevent guilds even having a shot at heroic Ragnaros for a couple of weeks at least. But at least this time around we can hope that they won't do what they did with LK and nerf heroic mode by 5% every few weeks until someone gets him down.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagmat View Post
    Boubouille, you are rapidly approaching your 8000th post. I wonder.. does anyone on this forum have more posts than you? And are you going to do anything to celebrate this momentous milestone?
    elementium i think has about 11000

on topic though they didnt really cheat the game they just found a loophole blizzard cant do shit about.....

but on a side note grtz stars youve no pissed off vodka/paragon and all others who are up there.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether or not they had access to PTR the information on the bosses was readily available. To those who don't know, the bosses on PTR are under-tuned and often buggy, often times not being comparable to their Live counterparts. The mechanics are whats being tested most of the time.