Poll: Do you think Firelands will entertain you for 6 months?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warhead0 View Post
    Blizzard have said they are ramping up the rate of content produced, Hopefully that means there wont be a 6 month wait for a new patch.

Only time will tell.
    I think they gonna turn on thier PTR servers max in 3 months...

Someon already said this but Blizz has released an exansion every December whereabouts. Obvious reasons it coincides with the holidays. Firelands is like ToC for lich, a filler til the endgame raid which i assume is Deathwing himself. Also Blizz would never keep one raid up and running for 6 months anymore. Seems to be they want to push a new patch/raid out every 3-4 months. They know they can't keep content stale. This will probably last til end of summer and see a late August, early September raid.

Yes, if you start with mains, try to clear whole content to Raggy HC, then maybe start with completely different group of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomb View Post
    6 months? no. Til next patch? yes.

Hopefully they will release 2 or 3 more heroics with some more nice q lines to follow in the next 3 months and then 2 months after that another raid. Saying there wont be a patch for 6 month is a bit wrong as were just over 6 months into the game and we've had 2 major patches.
    Did you just call recycled content from 2007 in 4.1 a 'major' patch?

Doesn't matter how hard heroics are, once you've killed a boss on normal it takes that first kill feeling away, making the heroic version pointless.

I would much prefer a system where u decide to do normal or heroic. Normal gear is the same level the heroic gear on the previous tier, so your scrubs can do that piss easy content.

For the people who know how to play, all they can do is heroic content, they can't try normal mode, thus making the content fresher for longer. There is nothing worse than wiping on a boss on heroic mode, then the week is close to end, so you clear it all on normal mode. It makes you get tired of the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    No.

Well the content thus far is good, the questing into the front, the raid itself and the lore in it, I can not honestly say this will tie me over for another 6 months.

I mean in the first six months of cata, they had all the new content, all the new leveling experience for new characters, they had new bg's, new dungeons and on heroics, 3 new raids and all this other stuff with cata..

And yet by the end I had done everything months before, was getting to massively bored of it all, and this was covering everything cata had to it.

Why would it be expected this could keep me intrested for more then say a few hours a day? I only log on atm to do the firelands molton front quests, and thats it.

So honestly, if they are going to release small amounts of content with these kind of patches, they really need to inject some more stuff every 2 months or so, even if its a new dungeon or new set for pvp or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    A 13/13hc guild is not a social/casual guild.. Sorry :')
    Really now?

Went 12/13HM's last tier, and we're casual / social.

Last time I checked, it's the actual guild that is the end-all-be-all on things like that, not people on the forums.

Deleted
    Even though my guild isn't super hardcore, I don't think we can be entertained for 6 months tbh. I don't understand, why Blizz only released 7 bosses. Their response to the question is even worse. I heard this on a Legendary episode, think it was the latest or the one just before. Anyways, Blizz said that they don't want to make it so people have to raid 4-5 days a week to see end-game content.

Umm did I miss something? I mean we raid 3 days a week and we're an average guild seeing end-game content. Don't know but it just seem too lazy imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Even though my guild isn't super hardcore, I don't think we can be entertained for 6 months tbh. I don't understand, why Blizz only released 7 bosses. Their response to the question is even worse. I heard this on a Legendary episode, think it was the latest or the one just before. Anyways, Blizz said that they don't want to make it so people have to raid 4-5 days a week to see end-game content.

Umm did I miss something? I mean we raid 3 days a week and we're an average guild seeing end-game content. Don't know but it just seem too lazy imo.
    Yeah, that does kind of take the piss, since we had 12 bosses in cata from the start, and had to level all the way through the leveling system, get geared in 85 heroic dungeons, and then clear all content.. and yet it happened, and guilds did clear them all, all 12 bosses, including higher end guilds doing all 13 heroic ones.

My guild cleared all content in well enough time, and we only raided 3 times a week.
    I think blizzard doesn't pay enough attention to there own community anymore.

Deleted
    Completely wrong. Casual means they take raiding sitting down and relaxed. Just because they're 13/13 doesn't mean they're hardcore raging bulls who sit glued to the computer.

You can't also say because they're 13/13 they aren't social and don't like to talk to each other.

I'm sorry, the term social guild is the most retarded term I have ever seen. The whole point of a guild is to be social and interact. The idea behind an MMORPG is to be social and interact. Just because your guild invites non raiders doesn't mean your raiding team isn't hardcore. I'm not saying you need to be hardcore to be 13/13 right now, I know a few people in guilds that raid no more then 2-3 days a week that are 13/13. The difference between them and a person that raids more hardcore... we finished this content about 3 months ago.

Back on topic, Firelands better not be a 6 month tier. I don't care if heroic Rag is so hard that it takes my guild 6 months to kill him, I don't want to be stuck on one encounter that long. Besides that, I highly doubt it will take that long, and farming content for 4 months is rather dull. Do we really need BIS gear for all our off specs and off off specs. I sincerely hope that Blizzard was working on the next tier as they were working on Firelands.

1.1: Current content QQ
    1.2: Current content QQ
    1.3: Current content QQ
    1.4: Current content QQ
    1.5: Current content QQ
    1.6: Current content QQ
    1.7: Current content QQ
    1.8: Current content QQ
    1.9: Current content QQ
    1.10: Current content QQ
    1.11: Current content QQ
    1.12: Current Content QQ
    2.1: Current content QQ
    2.2: Current content QQ
    2.3: Current content QQ
    2.4: Current content QQ
    3.0: Current content QQ
    3.1: Current content QQ
    3.2: Current content QQ
    3.3: Current content QQ
    4.0: Current content QQ
    4.1: Current content QQ
    4.2: Current content QQ
    4.3+: Current content QQ

BUT!
    The older content becomes, the better it is! Isn't it wonderful? Just like archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Personally, yes.

Top guilds, no.
    what he said.

First 2 days raiding we 3 shot Shannox, 1 shot Rhyolith(joke fight, seriously, we had no idea how we did it, we thought it was bugged or something), and like 5 shot Beth'tilac.
    We're also a guild that did not do any PTR raiding of any sort.

Sure the later fights may be a bit more challenging in terms of execution or getting people to be aware of things, I don't see the fights lasting longer than T11 stuff however.
    So it will definitely not last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    what he said.
    But, why do we care about top guilds?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nxyl View Post
    Completely wrong. Casual means they take raiding sitting down and relaxed. Just because they're 13/13 doesn't mean they're hardcore raging bulls who sit glued to the computer.

You can't also say because they're 13/13 they aren't social and don't like to talk to each other.
    Hey thanks for clarifying that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    1.1: Current content QQ
    1.2: Current content QQ
    1.3: Current content QQ
    1.4: Current content QQ
    1.5: Current content QQ
    1.6: Current content QQ
    1.7: Current content QQ
    1.8: Current content QQ
    1.9: Current content QQ
    1.10: Current content QQ
    1.11: Current content QQ
    1.12: Current Content QQ
    2.1: Current content QQ
    2.2: Current content QQ
    2.3: Current content QQ
    2.4: Current content QQ
    3.0: Current content QQ
    3.1: Current content QQ
    3.2: Current content QQ
    3.3: Current content QQ
    4.0: Current content QQ
    4.1: Current content QQ
    4.2: Current content QQ
    4.3+: Current content QQ

BUT!
    The older content becomes, the better it is! Isn't it wonderful? Just like archaeology.
    Entire thread point seemingly missed.

QQ

I am in a crappy guild that can't even start on the bosses and too lazy to find good pugs or a better guild. As it is now, it's not entertaining me already.
    (It's my own fault, not the content's though )

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Entire thread point seemingly missed.

QQ
    comment point, just right.
    But also the thread, as we hate everything that is current. as the thread says "current content for 6 months", it's just right.

Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

You only need both hardcore attitude and skills to clear that 13/13 first.