Poll: Does every movie with Shia LaBeouf suck?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I enjoy him as an Actor, and as a person he seems to be one of the few that haven't gone off the rails (had a few altercations here and there, nothing serious), and prefers to just chill at home with Video games.

sounds like a bro to me.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-07-11 at 08:39 AM.

Shia is actually not a bad actor. He definitely has the the best performance in the Transformers movies. The movies being bad had nothing to do with his acting, but the director and plot.

He comes off as a cool dude also.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Transformers 3 rocked. It was in no way a failure. And I don't think Crystal Skull failed because of Shia, but because... well, Crystal Skull aliens. The rest of the Indiana Jones movies, while hinting at supernatural origins, never went out and said "Aliens... and magic... and Raptor Jesus".
    Not to mention that, back when the first 3 were made, that sort of story/action was fantastic, and now people are so used to everything exploding just by looking at it that a classic action/adventure isn't as intriguing.

Edit:

And yes, I loved Holes/Disturbia/Eagle Eye/Transformers 1 and 3
    I hated the plot of The Last Crusade more than I did Crystal Skull, but the reason I loved Last Crusade was because of the Harrison Ford and Sean Connery combo. If it weren't for Sean Connery I would of hated it with all the holy grail shit it had. Temple of Doom for the best Indiana Jones sequel!
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-07-11 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    What do you mean 'every movie' isn't it just the same one with a different name over and over again?

Honestly the only film I've 'liked' him in was Constantine, because he wasn't the main focus, he was pretty unknown at that point so I hadn't seen him be the same character he usually plays before and he dies.

The number of high profile films this one trick pony has done really does give me a belief in a God, but that's purely so there can be a Satan that he's sold his soul too.

everything about transformers 3 was bad...no story, just mindless destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have recently watched Holes for the second time. I still love that movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes pretty meh, I was watching I, Robot the other day on TV at 5AM (nothing to do) and I'd totally forgotten he came out in that movie lol
    [/CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    He's fair. The major issue with him (and most actors that are actually fairly good) is that they take roles written by shitty writers. I see him as a modern day Henry Winkler.

One film nobody has mentioned is "a guide to recognizing your saints" It's a great film, and a far cry from the transformers stuff that everybody is complaining about yet watching all the same. Go watch this film and see if you still don't like him.
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    He's fair. The major issue with him (and most actors that are actually fairly good) is that they take roles written by shitty writers. I see him as a modern day Henry Winkler.
    That's because there hasn't been a truly GOOD movie in over a decade. We've had a few decent remakes and sequels, bunch of money making mediocre movies but nothing good in a long time, and no Avatar was not good, it was an OK CGI film with a retread plot

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post

I hated the plot of The Last Crusade more than I did Crystal Skull, but the reason I loved Last Crusade was because of the Harrison Ford and Sean Connery combo. If it weren't for Sean Connery I would of hated it with all the holy grail shit it had. Temple of Doom for the best Indiana Jones sequel!
    I guess you had to have hated the first movie then with all the Ark of the Covenant shit in it? I'm assuming you didn't like the holy grail aspect because it had a religious tone to it? If that's the case, you do realize the Ark was a major thing in the bible and basically contained God's wrath and wisdom in it, while the grail was more of a medieval story. Temple of Doom was just a bad, hastily put together 80's action flick! Crystal Skull was just a sad and laughable letdown of a movie, as well as all the transformers movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disturbia was pretty decent. As was the first Transformers movie.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    That's because there hasn't been a truly GOOD movie in over a decade. We've had a few decent remakes and sequels, bunch of money making mediocre movies but nothing good in a long time, and no Avatar was not good, it was an OK CGI film with a retread plot
    Do you only watch the movies that get advertised all over the television and such? there are a whole ton of movies in the last decade that are really good. IMDB is your friend. Also the Chistopher Nolan Batman movies are brilliant Just because a movie makes a fortune doesn't mean its crap.
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    The Greatest Game Ever Played?

I dunno, thought that was pretty decent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    The movies being bad had nothing to do with his acting, but the director and plot. +1

10+ Year Old Account
    This is off point, but really? I watched two really good movies just last week in True Grit and Four Lions.

I really don't get all the hate for Shia LaBeouf. I am not a fan of the Transformer movies, but not because of him. I think he is just fine. It reminds me of all the hate Leonardo DiCaprio got early on. Not to say Shia is the next DiCaprio, but the kid is still pretty young.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's terrible. He's not outstanding, but he's not terrible.

EDIT: I do sort of like him though, from all the hours I spent watching Even Stevens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    everything about transformers 3 was bad...no story, just mindless destruction.
    Which is exactly what makes it awesome!

On Shia LaBeouf, I wouldn't call him a terrible actor, but he aint what I would consider a good actor either, I wouldn't go see a movie that he was meant to carry on his own acting skills(like Pacino in Scent of a Woman type of deal). I guess you could say most of the movies he has been in is sub par movies, no outstanding oscar movies, the kind of movie you forget once you walk in the front door after being at the cinema.

10+ Year Old Account
    almost certain that any movie with him in it is destined to fail.
    Top sales of 2011. Im surei it failed.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I think hes a decent actor. The only problem I see is hollywood loves to jam the same person down your throat for years and they just kill them. If he keeps throwing out movies like he is I wont see any because he will be like Adam Sandler. Just another bullshit movie with the same plot wrapped in a new bow.

Thing is I love Sandler though, Iam just tired of the same old shit everyday.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can name you about 50 good movies the past decade, out of those 50 I can name you 10 classics that will forever be classics.