Tour de france thread.

Well, as the world's biggest cycling event has started, what do you think about what has happend so far in the event?

Yesterday was an especially dramatic lap, 10th. And 7-8 of the participants that have dropped out, of 17 in total dropped out in 1 day.

As i'm from norway im happy that the 2 participants from our country have done very well so far, Thor Hushovd has already had the yellow shirt for a week. And Edvald Boason Hagen won one of the sprints to the finish.

Is anyone else interested in this or?

Yes, still interested altough less so then on saturday.
    I'm from Belgium that's why

Oh and sunday's stage was the 9th

Poor, poor Johnny Hoogerland :S
    The new dutch hero, after Kenny van Hummel!

What happend to Hoogerland was a tragedy really, thankfully the driver got suspended for life.

Deleted
    that car... /ban
    same with the motor and Sorensen btw

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah Thor had a very impressive week. being from the U.S.A. I was pretty impressed with that american kid from htc on sat that was a great ride for someone that young and I'm sure we'll be seeing more from him in the future.

now for the bad this year: as we saw yesterday with the crash late in the day with the breakout there are just to many vehicles for those tiny little roads.
    they really screwed up the green jersey competition.I've been paying attention to the tour since before Lance Armstrong won his first (but they never played it on tv from start to finish here until he had like 4 or 5 wins) and this is the worst year I can remember, Mark Cavendish is undoubtedly the fastest sprinter in the race and he is like 60 points behind.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    they really screwed up the green jersey competition.I've been paying attention to the tour since before Lance Armstrong won his first (but they never played it on tv from start to finish here until he had like 4 or 5 wins) and this is the worst year I can remember, Mark Cavendish is undoubtedly the fastest sprinter in the race and he is like 60 points behind.
    That's because there are only a handfull of mass-sprint stages. Other stages are basically tailor-made for Gilbert.
    Oh and Cav lost today in a mass-sprint, he also lost in stage 4 in a mass sprint. He ain't that good this year.
    Last edited by Zapp; 2011-07-12 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    That's because there are only a handfull of mass-sprint stages. Other stages are basically tailor-made for Gilbert.
    Oh and Cav lost today in a mass-sprint, he also lost in stage 4 in a mass sprint. He ain't that good this year.
    he lost today because the guy in green jersey that isn't a sprinter tore the peloton apart on the climb. he lost in stage 4 because he was cut off and the two that did it were disqualified.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    he lost today because the guy in green jersey that isn't a sprinter tore the peloton apart on the climb. he lost in stage 4 because he was cut off and the two that did it were disqualified.
    Cav got what he deserved. Gongrats Greipel!

Stage 4? Mur de Bretagne?
    He couldn't have won even if he tried. He finished 150th, over 4 minutes after Cadel Evans... You must be mistaken with another stage or something

Excuse me but you wrote the title wrong...

THOR DE FRANCE***