Deleted

Crystallized Firestone - I'm still confused. :p

Heya,

I'm trying to figure out which items can be upgraded using a Crystallized Firestone (CF), and I'm freaking confused. Valor? Rep? Trash loot? Even the GMs don't seem to know... For example, Firesoul Wristguards... priest bracers VP... how do you get this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=71572/fi...uards#see-also ... it's a heroic version, not sold by the VP vendor in any fashion? Same for the neck, the firemind pendant: http://www.wowhead.com/item=71576/firemind-pendant, etc. etc.

Also interesting: if you search wowhead for "Firemind Pendant" the normal one, it won't give you a link to the heroic one under "See Also". If you google search for the heroic one, you can find it on wowhead.

... wtf :}

Would like confirmation on getting heroic versions (through CF or other means):

1. Firemind Pendant
    2. Firesoul Wristguards
    3. Soothing Brimstone Circle
    4. AoH rep items: cape, belt, trinket... (no ring I guess since it's 391 already)
    >_<

Thanks

xo
    Last edited by mmoc162ec51c63; 2011-07-14 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you ask the Firestone vendor standing on the outside and inside of the Firelands entrance? I'm pretty sure he has the complete list. Without checking myself, I believe he upgrades VP and trash loot, but not rep items.

Deleted
    I'm at work I thought you just use the Firestone on an item to upgrade it to heroic, rather than trade in at the vendor... anyways, lemme check for the vendor name :}

Ok had a look at http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54402...

In answer to my own question... Firemind Pendant? No - Firesoul Wristguards? No - Soothing Brimstone Circle? No - AoH rep items? No.

That's pretty terrible... ;p and so why are there heroic versions of all these items on wowhead? :}

xo
    Last edited by mmoc162ec51c63; 2011-07-14 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    A blue poster in the US shaman forums stated that the list of upgradeable items on those vendors is incomplete. He did not say what items are missing. They are looking into the issue.
    At the moment, not all valor gear is upgradeable, only ranged slot gear is.

Deleted
    Ok :} so it's still unresolved... it's annoying 'cause I'm trying to keep my list of items updated but this Crystallized Firestone implementation seems pretty half-assed. :} Hope to see some additions soon...

xo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omirr View Post
    A blue poster in the US shaman forums stated that the list of upgradeable items on those vendors is incomplete. He did not say what items are missing. They are looking into the issue.
    At the moment, not all valor gear is upgradeable, only ranged slot gear is.
    A gm conversation was posted somewhere that you can simply rightclick the firestone, then leftclick the item you want to upgrade (using the firestone on the item). This should work for any reputation or valor item that is not on the firestone vendor.

Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-07-14 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Has anyone confirmed that this actually works? I feel like that GM has no idea what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    Has anyone confirmed that this actually works? I feel like that GM has no idea what he's talking about.
    It has actually been confirmed to not be working atm but should be working at some point in the future ><

Deleted
    It has not
    And since the droprate is around 1% for the firestones, im not sure if someone will find out anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    It has not
    And since the droprate is around 1% for the firestones, im not sure if someone will find out anytime soon.
    The droprate is 100% on Heroic, it was bugged last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCH3MIST View Post
    It's definitely still not 100% this week in EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. Alysrazor didn't drop one for us last night.

Deleted
    Source on that please?

Wrong-O. Two heroic kills this week and no stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

We didn't even get a firestone from heroic rag this week. I could swear every video I have seen for him has had a firestone drop. Oh well, that is about our luck with loot anyway lol.

Deleted
    Recieved 3 Firestones from 7/7 heroic this week.

Deleted
    Cleared Firelands on 25 and 10man heroic this reset, 0 drops.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Canseve View Post
    Recieved 3 Firestones from 7/7 heroic this week.
    10man i guess?

>.> We got 3 of them off h-rhyolith in 10 man. No other loot, just 3 Crystallized Firestones.