Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    5. Procs on blizzard doesn't do me much good. I've got another frost mage in the guild who runs it for the chills on adds, but that's all it's useful for.
    I put a point in Ice Shards in my spec as it gives me 2 guaranteed charges of FoF (well not technically but it hasn't failed to give 2 charges yet) after AoE phases. Of course such phases are not in all boss encounters, but there are quite a few (Occu'thar, Maloriak, Halfus if he has whelps, add duty for Beth'Tilac and etc) and I find it more effective to come out of an AoE phase with FoF than with nothing. Might as well have some powerful burst right after preforming some so-so AoE.

But on flipside is that point worth going somewhere else?
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-07-15 at 11:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    add P2 fire adds [not the transition phase adds] in Ragnaros's fight (fire adds spawn during Phase 2 (70% - 40%) that you group up and AoE them down

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I put a point in Ice Shards in my spec as it gives me 2 guaranteed charges of FoF (well not technically but it hasn't failed to give 2 charges yet) after AoE phases. Of course such phases are not in all boss encounters, but there are quite a few (Occu'thar, Maloriak, Halfus if he has whelps, add duty for Beth'Tilac and etc) and I find it more effective to come out of an AoE phase with FoF than with nothing. Might as well have some powerful burst right after preforming some so-so AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    add P2 fire adds [not the transition phase adds] in Ragnaros's fight (fire adds spawn during Phase 2 (70% - 40%) that you group up and AoE them down
    I suppose there could be an argument made that direction. I'm just of the belief that since I'm usually throwing freeze on the mobs for extra shatters on blizzard, the extra FoFs on top of it doesn't really help.

15+ Year Old Account
    This actually applies to all trees, but Kavan of Rawr found a major bug in SimC which was JUST now fixed (and will be available in the next release of SimC). But basically SimC was treating Evocation as a 6 second cast before channeling the spell (Cast at 0, first tick would happen at 6 seconds and end at 12 seconds). This is partly the reason for Fire and Frost that SimC prefered mages to switch to Mage Armor over evocating. So we might need to take a look at evocation during the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    If able to freeze the mobs, throw ring of frost so the edge is under them, flamestrike, blizzard, then after the first tick or so of blizzard, pet freeze them.
    Is FS optimal then for frost AoE if the mobs will stay in the debuff? Have been wondering this...

15+ Year Old Account
    This actually applies to all trees, but Kavan of Rawr found a major bug in SimC which was JUST now fixed (and will be available in the next release of SimC). But basically SimC was treating Evocation as a 6 second cast before channeling the spell (Cast at 0, first tick would happen at 6 seconds and end at 12 seconds). This is partly the reason for Fire and Frost that SimC prefered mages to switch to Mage Armor over evocating. So we might need to take a look at evocation during the next release.
    That was something that had concerned me a while back when I saw SimCraft suggesting the use of Mage Armor, so I'm glad to see it get addressed. If I had to guess, it would increase Fire's DPS by a few hundred DPS, but it's good to know.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Is FS optimal then for frost AoE if the mobs will stay in the debuff? Have been wondering this...
    Yes. I am unsure however, if recasting it after it wears off the first time is optimal.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much for this post, was becoming very bored with arcane play and was just looking for an excuse to change it up. My raid group has another mage who is arcane so the 3% buff isnt an issue and means a better spread of itemisation.

Deleted
    Offtopic but well, is there any BiS List for nhc out there for Frost Mages? I see the BiS Hc and the BiS Arcane nhc :x But nothing for Frost

Assuming this is correct and evocation ends up as better dps, is it fair to assume we'll glyph MA over frostbolt or is frostbolt still better?
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saske View Post
    Offtopic but well, is there any BiS List for nhc out there for Frost Mages? I see the BiS Hc and the BiS Arcane nhc :x But nothing for Frost
    Swizzle has a post roaming around listing fire and arcane BiS and I'm pretty certain that fire and frost share the same gear list Crit > haste

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Assuming this is correct and evocation ends up as better dps, is it fair to assume we'll glyph MA over frostbolt or is frostbolt still better?
    I would need to test but I'm guessing that Frostbolt will still be better.

Have been Arcane for the longest time and want to give Frost a try tonight. What are the best Trinkets to use as Frost for PvE? I have a choice between

Heroic: Bell of Enraging Resonance
    Heroic: Theralion's Mirror
    Darkmoon Card: Volcano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dancandles View Post
    Have been Arcane for the longest time and want to give Frost a try tonight. What are the best Trinkets to use as Frost for PvE? I have a choice between

Heroic: Bell of Enraging Resonance
    Heroic: Theralion's Mirror
    Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    Ugh, this question again. H TM and DMC: V are BiS for all Mage specs in T11 content OTHER than Arcane which nets SoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Ugh, this question again. H TM and DMC: V are BiS for all Mage specs in T11 content OTHER than Arcane which nets SoW.
    I thought Crit was one of the top stat's for Frost to reach the shatter cap...why would I use DMC:V over H:BoER?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I thought Crit was one of the top stat's for Frost to reach the shatter cap...why would I use DMC:V over H:BoER?
    Because it isn't too difficult to shatter cap without the pure crit of H:BoER, and you can reforge the DMC:V to have crit on it as well (if you don't need hit).

In raids I am shatter capped without a Bell, and without my volcano card reforged to crit. Although, I do get focus magic.

I'd say look at armoury, but I think I'm sitting in my 2 piece T12 I can't make much use of yet as far as I know, plus a fishing pole.

Edit: yeah, 2 piece and fishing pole. I'm also bad and forgot to enchant my bracers yesterday. P:
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Because Intellect trumps all other stats, including Crit and Spellpower.

Is it better to keep my 4-piece T11 for Frost until I get my 4-piece T12? I have 2 pieces of T12 but I hate to loose all that haste increase from the T11 4-piece set.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    Is it better to keep my 4-piece T11 for Frost until I get my 4-piece T12? I have 2 pieces of T12 but I hate to loose all that haste increase from the T11 4-piece set.
    As it stands now, yes it's better to wait until you have 4-pieces T12 before switching.

As it stands now, yes it's better to wait until you have 4-pieces T12 before switching.
    But doesn't it rely heavily on wether your wearing normal or heroic T11? Wouldn't the pure increase of stats (and mainly int) justify to already switch at maybe 2/3 T12 set items and maybe one off-item if you are mainly in 359s?
    Last edited by Antueater; 2011-07-18 at 08:21 PM.