Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way I see it is Swifty made an event. Lots of people attended the event. So many people in one spot caused the server to crash. Server gets restarted and Swifty is banned. While I do believe Blizzard does indeed reserve the right to ban anyone for any/no reason, I believe this ban is in poor taste. He cannot know exactly how many will show up, how many people are in the zone, how many people it exactly takes to crash a server, nor the ability to force people off of a server if stability is an issue. Those figures would be held by Blizzard and Blizzard alone and so I see this whole debacle as their fault. If too many people showed up at once on a server there should have been a queue instigated even though we may hate that idea.

Also in response to the rights of others' on that server, they have a right to play World of Warcraft for the money they pay. They don't get exclusive rights to play on a single specific server. Do you remember when servers were getting upgraded back in TBC getting ready for Wrath and how old servers that got replaced with new hardware went down for huge amounts of time? That was Blizzard telling players you couldn't play on your server and we gritted our teeth and bared it. This time is no different. You can't play on that one server for all of a few minutes for the server to be rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Intentionally crashing a realm definitely worth the ban.
    ^Blatant statement with zero proof.

I was on when it crashed, he even said multiple times "do not make the server crash." He isnt a Blizzard tech, therefore he cannot know when a realm will go down. He did one of dozens of mass gatherings that have gone on during the last 6 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    H. disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service (each a “Server”); or (ii) any other player's Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME CLIENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA.
    Unfortunately, this will still be ignored by many...

Deleted
    shit got real people...athene doing stuff..petition...damn...shit got real..

Deleted
    They cannot unban him
    If they do unbann him they can
    exspect alot of demands from people who have
    been banned and now want to get unbanned too

AND he wasnt innocent btw

Haha me and a bunch of friends from our server went to Darkspear, hope you have fun resetting your servers all day blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    H. disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service (each a “Server”); or (ii) any other player's Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME CLIENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA.
    I think that means physicaly messing with the servers. So what happens if a bunch of people randomly are in one spot and crash the server will all of the people there be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    That's not Blizzard's fault. That's the fault of the assholes who think they can hold Darkspear hostage. I hope Blizzard can find a way to perma ban ever one of the jackasses causing problems.
    Hold it hostage? Are you stoned or stupid?

Wait already know the answer it's the latter not the former.

It was an ACCIDENT that the server crashed. they like to build the community and as such were running a contest and inadvertently caused a crash by having too many people in the zone at one time.

Who's fault is it? Nobodies, I could see a slap on the wrist "please don't do that again", or possibly a temp ban for it. I am sure blizzard will unban him soon because of how much of a backlash there is, and how much he does for the community to develop it.

And you my fail sir....are a nobody, never will be a somebody....don't take your rage out on others because of your fustration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    ^Blatant statement with zero proof.

I was on when it crashed, he even said multiple times "do not make the server crash." He isnt a Blizzard tech, therefore he cannot know when a realm will go down. He did one of dozens of mass gatherings that have gone on during the last 6 years.
    He could had stop the stream...

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Ok first i felt sorry for this guy... but after seeing that video on first post...

Sad music
    Him saying it wasnt intended
    Him laughing in the background when it crashed

Im only giving my opinion based on that one video
    but i do think he should get some kind of punishments.
    Honestly I would laugh if a server crashed.

And if you watched ANY of the live stream, you can hear Zybak egging people on, Swifty was just notting that the server was lagging, and something bad was going to happen, and then the server crashed, so he laughed....which 9/10 of the people that were doing it, probably laughed to.
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

The way I see it is Swifty made an event. Lots of people attended the event. So many people in one spot caused the server to crash. Server gets restarted and Swifty is banned. While I do believe Blizzard does indeed reserve the right to ban anyone for any/no reason, I believe this ban is in poor taste. He cannot know exactly how many will show up, how many people are in the zone, how many people it exactly takes to crash a server, nor the ability to force people off of a server if stability is an issue. Those figures would be held by Blizzard and Blizzard alone and so I see this whole debacle as their fault. If too many people showed up at once on a server there should have been a queue instigated even though we may hate that idea.

Also, in response to the rights of others' on that server, they have a right to play World of Warcraft for the money they pay. They don't get exclusive rights to play on a single specific server. Do you remember when servers were getting upgraded back in TBC getting ready for Wrath and how old servers that got replaced with new hardware went down for huge amounts of time? That was Blizzard telling players you couldn't play on your server and we gritted our teeth and bared it. This time is no different. You can't play on that one server for all of a few minutes for the server to be rebooted.

ha ha ...ATHENE and SWIFTY ....woooo

I felt bad for him until I read the youtube comments - fanboys doing what they do best, yadda yadda yadda...

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy, but I don't like him either. He broke the rules. Don't ask me how, I couldn't tell you, but he did and because of that he got banned. If he truly didn't do anything wrong (i.e. didn't know his actions would take down the server) Blizzard should be able to recognize that and unban his account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguirrel View Post

Also in response to the rights of others' on that server, they have a right to play World of Warcraft for the money they pay. They don't get exclusive rights to play on a single specific server. Do you remember when servers were getting upgraded back in TBC getting ready for Wrath and how old servers that got replaced with new hardware went down for huge amounts of time? That was Blizzard telling players you couldn't play on your server and we gritted our teeth and bared it. This time is no different. You can't play on that one server for all of a few minutes for the server to be rebooted.
    thing is, he knows he has a lot of followers and if he tells them to all log onto a certain server they are going to do it. he should have stopped the stream and left when people starting turning up in masses and spamming. instead he kept the stream running and stayed logged in there, i guess. i didnt watch the stream, but this is what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Majoha View Post
    Anybody noticed that when he says "no crashing servers" he has the same shirt on as the day after it happened, while during the live streaming he has a red shirt on.
    Good try though to make himself look innocent
    I watched the stream he did say it but he wasn't on screen at the time or anymore time that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Majoha View Post
    Anybody noticed that when he says "no crashing servers" he has the same shirt on as the day after it happened, while during the live streaming he has a red shirt on.
    Good try though to make himself look innocent
    I didn't notice it, but I did have a feeling that the "live" video was not really live... no one crashes a server and doesn't laugh when it happens (whether it was intended or not).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewmix View Post
    It was an ACCIDENT that the server crashed. they like to build the community and as such were running a contest and inadvertently caused a crash by having too many people in the zone at one time.
    No it wasn't. Zybak told them to try and crash the server by spamming chat. Swifty did nothing to stop it and even encouraged them.

Also, when he mentioned Holding Darkspear Hostage, he was referring to what people are doing NOW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    I felt bad for him until I read the youtube comments - fanboys doing what they do best, yadda yadda yadda...

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy, but I don't like him either. He broke the rules. Don't ask me how, I couldn't tell you, but he did and because of that he got banned. If he truly didn't do anything wrong (i.e. didn't know his actions would take down the server) Blizzard should be able to recognize that and unban his account.
    Ha. You don't know Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Ok first i felt sorry for this guy... but after seeing that video on first post...

Sad music
    Him saying it wasnt intended
    Him laughing in the background when it crashed

Im only giving my opinion based on that one video
    but i do think he should get some kind of punishments.
    You're not allowed to laugh while being surprised? Is he supposed to go "oh Jesus god no! /cry"?

Here are the facts from a livestream viewer:

On the livestream, swifty was super excited and encouraging people to crash the servers with Zybak. He simply edited the youtube video about his account being banned. If you see, the part where he said "We dont want to crash the servers" he was wearing a different color T-Shirt, despite the fact that he was wearing the same shirt throughout the whole livestream event.

It was a fake "livestream" video posted on youtube to get the very same reaction that we are seeing now.

Also, He crashed three servers. Crashed one, they moved servers. Crashed another, moved servers. Crashed another, moved servers. GM Banned him when they logged on the 4th.

I'm not a hater. But he deserved it. They can't unban him simply because he is popular, or what message does that send to other youtube heroes?