Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How do you make your money?

Just give a short description of how you make your gold and how much gold do you currently have. :3
    Last edited by embriox; 2011-07-20 at 08:15 PM.

I have close to $150k cash saved and another $200k in equity.

I'm a software engineer and I strip on the weekends for extra money.

I've been a bum for the last two years, blew all my "nest egg" and only have 4k left. I just got a job at an insurance company that starts the 1st so hopefully i can get back my bank roll back up pretty soon.

And to OP, kind of a qeird question for the WoW professions forum.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure he means gold in WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Im pretty sure he means gold in WoW...
    I think you're right lmfao. If that is the case, I have a level 85 boomkin with herbing and mining (my priests *main* profs are engi and alch) and I sell all the left over herbs. Often when I'm extremely bored I just herb and mine for hours on end. It is a very nice source of income. I also use his Valor Points to sell the new 378 bracers for around 10-15k a pop.
    I play the AH a bit, not too much, but obviously if I see items that are extremely low i buy them and resell at a much higher value to make profit.
    I currently have around 70k and that is without having farmed in about 2 months, simply because I have a huge stock pile and I've no need until my druids gbank becomes empty.
    OBSCURE REFERENCE - Zuluhed PVP -3 days a week.
    13/13 T11 HM. 7/7 T12 HM. 6/8 T13 HM
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kapes/advanced -Disc Priest Main.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Skape/advanced -SV Hunter Alt.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kaped/advanced -Fire Mage Alt

I threaten to report the botters if they dont sell me all their ore for 50% off AH price. I then prospect it all, make necklaces and inferno rubies with the green quality gems. I then DE all the stuff, make scroll enchants and gem cuts and /win.

My BF buys ore in bulk, prospects it, cuts gems, sells them on the AH at the right time. He's also gotten lucky with some BoE drops in Firelands.

Me? I just got a rich BF.

Deleted
    You mean makeing gold in WoW or money in real life??
    In WoW I just buy everything on AH.

There are actualy 3 way to get gold in wow.

1- Buy things in AH at low prices, list it for more (more than 5% though), and if it sell, you made money.
    2- Use your crafting profession to make valuable things out of mats. The more profession you have, the more money you will make. (i personaly like jewelcrafting/enchating combo. Buy ore, prospect, cut gems, sell them. Make necklass/ring with all green-quality gems (exept carnelian), and DE them. Sell the enchanting mats. Try to find a buyer for these unwanted zephyrites is very hard though).
    3- Take your pickaxe or your knife (can be your large claws if you're a kitty), go out in the wild, and farm. 100% money income, 0% risk of loss.

There's actualy another "way" to "get" gold, but i will not talk about it. You know what i mean, DONT do it.

My biggest money makers are my DK alt's Insc: Buy all the whiptail the AH has to offer below a certain price (currently my limit is 30g per stack) make Darkmoon cards with the inferno inks, to get decks for the insane achievement on my druid. Sell fortune cards made from the blackfallow inks and make more than enough to cover the cost of the herbs.

Other than that with the guild perk bountiful bags, my Druid main is making loads on pvp gear and leg enchants through leatherworking.

I dont have alot, roughly 40k, but I'm pretty self sufficient so spend next to nothing apart from gear repairs and constant spec changing for raids and PvP.

EDIT: added what my druids proffs are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I have close to $150k cash saved and another $200k in equity.

I'm a software engineer and I strip on the weekends for extra money.
    Yay! U are stripping?? U are man or a women? Maybe u can show a picture about yoursalfe for us??

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Yay! U are stripping?? U are man or a women? Maybe u can show a picture about yoursalfe for us??
    Why do all my threads go so off topic

Quote Originally Posted by embriox View Post
    Because nudity excites people...apparently whether it's a male or female.lol

Quote Originally Posted by embriox View Post
    Asking about making money in the professions forum is already off topic? Unless of course you mean GOLD, which is what we use in Wow for currency then it might make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jewelcrafting, enchanting, inscription, alchemy and leatherworking. Got 1.4 million atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean irl -That's a tad pesonal for most people to go around sharing..

If you mean in WoW: I make my gold off of dailies and herbalism. Also I saw a post a while back pertaining to how we each make gold on WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    Asking about making money in the professions forum is already off topic? Unless of course you mean GOLD, which is what we use in Wow for currency then it might make sense.
    All my money is gold :3

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have enough alts at 85 to pretty much do anything I want. So lets take the new patch:
    Cloaks given away = enchanter DEs all the cheap greens in the AH and sells cloak enchants for high profit margin
    New raid = everyone needs feasts, make husband fish while I cook IRL for us
    365 recipes open = I prepped way in advance for this, farming tons of ore to make truegold with my 3 xmute alchs and also some hardened elementium

If you keep up with what is going on in wow, you can generally anticipate what the market is going to do. Post flasks and food before raid times and then post gems and enchants near the end (if you can).
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Archaeology - Tol Avir Fragments

I make most of my gold on doing daily quests and selling a ton of Netherweave Bags to peoples' alts. Didn't say I make a lot but I get by.