mastery stacking holy priests unite and post gear ideas :D

hello holy priest here and stacking mastery

i was worried about our legging because our two choices of leggings (FL drop and healing tier) had no mastery... but then i realized that shadow tier legging had no spirit but crit (reforge to spirit) and mastery.

so now i have my eyes set on healing tier head, shoulders (haste reforged to mastery), chest, gloves and shadow leggings.

if im doing anything wrong... please correct me. as of now im running on 36 hours of no sleep so yea... hah

Healing legs have Spirit + Crit. Shadow legs have Mastery + Crit.

I'd take Spirit over Mastery.

Int > Comfortable Spirit level > Haste to 12.5% raid buffed > Mastery = Haste > Crit

Renew get an extra tick at 12.5% haste, so it is highly advised to get that first. After that breakpoint, haste and mastery have nearly identical impact on healing. Crit is subpar, and should not be prioritized (you will always have some crit. 0% crit is impossible)

I was considering taking the Shadow legs and reforging the Crit to Spirit - it's not much of a difference from the healing token and if you're trying to stack pure mastery and your mana is ok they are a great option
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Go with the healing T12 legs, they're the only cloth legs with spirit, sadly.

Oh, and inb4 Kelesti or one of the other usuals rages at Zankoku :P
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-07-20 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

wouldnt take shadow t12 legs.
    i mean you an also reforge the crit on the healgear to mastery.
    so what you compare is a gain of 60% of mastery (one has mastery on it, the other one has 40% reforged)
    to the loss of 60% spirit. the crit is on both anyway and will get reforged.

I dont mind taking mastery over haste and crit, but i personall wouldnt take mastery over spirit (if that is the only difference the items have)
    if you had the option between spiriti/crit or mastery/haste, then I would maybe also take nr 2 and reforge (if mana allows it) but not crit/mastery instead of crit/spirit
    never
    crit mastery is the worst combination you can see dropping. (I play Holy and Disc, and thats not really usefull for ither of the two)

I don't know if there is a point where you want to trade off spirit for mastery or haste anymore TBH. The T12 2-set is worse than the T11 4-set in terms of regen. Regen trinkets are also a lot less plentiful and friendly this tier, not to mention spirit being very scarce on items. Sure you can get spirit on nearly every slot with 378s, but 391s you have a lot less flexibility. Holy Priests aren't like shamans, pallys, disc priests and druids who have lots of ways to boost their mana pool and sustain it. Shadowfiend is good, but compared to other classes tools it pales in comparison. IMO, the more spirit the better (after int ofc, derp)

personally i dont have hard time keeping up with my mana at all except maybe end of domo...

im also thinking about getting FQ trinket over my tsunami and combo it with jaw trinket that i picked up last night.

so i dont really need spirit atm. as of right now, shadow leg looks so much better because of mastery. I would only be losing maybe 100 spirit compared to the healing leggings? (i dont really care) also the huge boost in mastery would help me alot in healing

P.S.
    we should really do something about the 12.5% haste thing thats going on in the priest forum. we should inform everyone how frivolous that info is. its really outdated and it makes me sad when people act like they know what they are talking about while stating the haste cap...

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    Int > Comfortable Spirit level > Haste to 12.5% raid buffed > Mastery = Haste > Crit

Renew get an extra tick at 12.5% haste, so it is highly advised to get that first. After that breakpoint, haste and mastery have nearly identical impact on healing. Crit is subpar, and should not be prioritized (you will always have some crit. 0% crit is impossible)
    Rage. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by holydoc View Post
    P.S.
    we should really do something about the 12.5% haste thing thats going on in the priest forum. we should inform everyone how frivolous that info is. its really outdated and it makes me sad when people act like they know what they are talking about while stating the haste cap...
    who cares... let the people that want to get their 12.5% haste raidbuffed and let them be.
    there's nothing that speakes against having 12.5% haste.
    I think its good to have at least some haste (be it 12.5% or whatever) and not te neglect it totally, 2.5sec is a long time per PoH/GH...
    whats wrong in having a mix of mastery and haste? whats wrong at having 12.5% rest mastery gear setup? other people say thay want a 2.1sec PoH, rest mastery, I dont see them getting flamed all the time.
    haste is a good stat. having 12.5% haste is a good thing. If you go for it, because you think it's some magical "softcap" or just because its your personal preferance, who cares?
    12.5% is not a gamebreaking cap to reach. but its easy to reach, so why not take it. even if its just for renew and both hymns (where haste should actually not have any effect on, but its still buggy, so lets take it as it is)

I can't see why you are making a drama about: "OMG! he statet the "12.5% "softcap"" he's a noob!"
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2011-07-20 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    there's nothing that speakes against having 12.5% haste.
    Aside from common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Liliyah View Post
    Aside from common sense.
    explain please. does it gimp your healing? does it harm you? I have even more than 12.5% , and can heal quite fine...

explain please. does it gimp your healing? does it harm you? I have even more than 12.5% , and can heal quite fine...
    Having more than 12.5% is fine(assuming you're not just blindly going for haste at the expense of other stats and with no knowledge of the various breakpoints). None of the people who shit on the 12.5% idea say that it is absolutely and totally wrong to have any haste. It's the entire concept of getting just enough haste to get an extra tick on renew that's ridiculous.

Deleted
    It doesn't gimp your healing, and will still increase it of course, but, if you're going for Mastery, that Haste could be used on Mastery to better affect. Haste is no stronger with or without the extra tick.

Keep in mind this thread is about Mastery stacking as a H Priest, not haste or the 12.5% debate.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as more Mastery improves their Mastery (gives %+ healing as a HoT over 7 seconds), I would find it pretty useful, as it's free healing on the cost of some mana spent at the cast.
    My brother happens to be a Holy Priest (and he has no clue whatsoever to what to stack) and I try to give him some pinpoints.

Short story: I would think that the HoT from the Mastery would indeed bump up ones healing, if used carefully.
    (I'm no mastery of being Holy (even though I have a Holy Paladin.. But that's unrelated business), so the numbers will have to be taken cared by those who regularly plays a Holy Priest)
    (INB4 Kel-chan)

Been stacking Mastery since i started raiding 25 man, using a No Renew spec so im only going with as much Haste as i have left after reforging it away or when i can reforge crit instead. Because of the lack of Haste this isnt optimal for Tank healing but is of course doable, personally i dont Tank heal at all in raids.

From my own experience stacking a comfortable amount of Haste over Mastery is better for 10 mans as you cant have EoL/PoH Glyph ticking on almost all groups without it being overwrited (This is however not the case with EoL as it 'stacks').
    Also the less haste you got, the more valuable does pre casting get.

As some people over me have already stated, there is no reachable Haste cap at this Tier. but what many call a 'soft cap' at 12.5% is just because they are lacking a better word for it. You can rather look at it this way, if you are at 12.4% raid buffed you can just as easily go the extra mile and get it up to 12.5% for the extra tick, and if you are at 12.6% you can just as easily let it stay at that point or increase it if thats what you want.
    But if you dont use Renew at all you only need to find your own 'spot' at which you feel comfortable at.

There has also been some talk from the higher ranked Holy Priests that stacking Haste will be better at once you get the 4 Piece set bonus.