Serenity and haste

was just wondering, since i spend most my time in Chakra: Serenity, is it even needed to get the 12.5% haste?
    I have it atm anyway, but the thought keeps spinning in my head that its rather pointless as it keeps refreshing anyway.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    If you stack haste to get an extra tick on renew you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    I don't see why you would be mainly in the single target Chakra. Any time you cast an AOE heal you lose 15% throughput and the 10% crit you gain is almost irrelevant. The only time I find my self using Serenity is in very low damage periods when I can roll renew on a few targets and refresh it with Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    If you stack haste to get an extra tick on renew you're doing it wrong.
    Very wrong.

thank you, this had made me realise that i am in fact.. the dumbest holy priest alive thanks for the responces

At 12.5% haste you also gain an extra tick on HoH & DH so it's worth it - and you might as well get to 649 Haste Rating (with 2/3 Darkness & 5% raid buff) to get your 2.5 casts down to 2.2
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

mazi...im pretty sure HoH and DH dont get extra ticks.....
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're 100% wrong.

Edit: just for clarity's sake there are logs of people hitting 15-18 ticks and even shadow priest logs of 22 ticks of DH.

I'll find them if anyone wants to argue.
    Last edited by Peppercat; 2011-07-21 at 03:16 PM.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    Haha they do. And DH does not actually keep the "Max of 12 targets" thing in the tooltip.

Hell even Lightwell can gain an extra tick through like, 18% (or something, can't remember) of PURE haste rating, it is not affected by Darkness or Raid Buffs though.
    Last edited by Mazi; 2011-07-21 at 05:25 PM.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

If you're in Serenity Chakra a lot, I'd stack haste regardless. Especially if you're tank healing a lot, your crit rate is over 35% and upwards of 40% in full haste gear and raid buffs. It's very much worth stacking, so long as you don't neglect your spirit which is a very important throughput stat for holy.

In the end, playstyle >> some magic number. Food for thought.