Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A lot of great anime listed, including many I'd say are contenders for the best of all time.

Some I wouldn't say are the best of all time but very good that I didn't notice skimming the pages...

Tenjou Tenge - Action/fighting fans won't want to miss this, of the the most epic beatings ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7uqV...eature=related
    Shuffle! - Just when you think its another harem anime you get hit with a serious twist.
    Gantz - If only they continued it and didn't make up an ending to cut it short
    D.N. Angel - A bit of an older selection but a good one.
    Tora Dora - Another slice of life comedy but pretty well done and backed by a good story.
    Chobits - Falls into the old school classics category, starts out cute then develops interesting plot twists
    Shiki - Very interesting anime wrapped in mystery and suspense

and I'll just stop there before I end up listing way too many.

Deleted
    I've only watched around 10 anime shows but One Piece has something special, and so far nothing has even come close to beating it.

I really loved Eureka 7, second would be Code Geass

Deleted
    Sorry but if you have anything above a small interest in a spare few talented anime's then you're lacking something else in your life.
    Most animes that you're all mentioning are just pseudo artistic pieces of shit with too many wrong erotic undertones.

Quote Originally Posted by ababmer View Post
    Sorry but if you have anything above a small interest in a spare few talented anime's then you're lacking something else in your life.
    Most animes that you're all mentioning are just pseudo artistic pieces of shit with too many wrong erotic undertones.
    What is this, I don't even...

So many people saying Evangelion =\

Mediocre show is mediocre

BUT IT'S A CLASSIC! Yeah, yeah.
    I accidentally my signature

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand people's need to tell someone that they should not enjoy something.

That's an interesting comment. I'm glad you decided to share it in an anime thread where you will clearly find many agreeing minds, especially when you essentially call most of the people losers and then go onto tell them they have no taste.

But in all seriousness, I agree there's lots of garbage out there. I think there are over-hyped series, under-appreciated series, and...what would you know...there are also a lot of fun series that weren't meant to be anything more than entertainment anyway. It's just like...any other thing like live-action TV and movies, books, etc. Each form has its strengths and weaknesses, just as anime does.

I'd just be careful lumping everybody who watches anime regularly into a single group. It'd be like lumping all WoW players into the same category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurlus View Post
    I've only watched around 10 anime shows but One Piece has something special, and so far nothing has even come close to beating it.
    same here, I?ve pretty much gone tired of anime in general, just One Piece is the one that still keeps me on the toes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    What is this, I don't even...
    Clearly a troll especially since he said anime's when the fact is anime is both a singular AND a plural this the Kursk of anime is well anime same goes for manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    So many people saying Evangelion =\

Mediocre show is mediocre

BUT IT'S A CLASSIC! Yeah, yeah.
    With people naming shows like FMA:B and Code Geass you complain about Evangelion. Really?

15+ Year Old Account
    FLCL

/thread

Deleted
    I'd say cowboy bebop personally, It's just so well written and animated love it

nice to see ergo proxy and haibane remnei mentioned, they are great too. Also loved lain, last exile, GTO, beck, and alot of movies.

barefoot gen, grave of the fireflies, akira, metropolis, wings of the homenese(sp?) all very powerful films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elfen Lied anyone?

Deleted
    yeah its been mentioned, and is awesome

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saphirox View Post
    This is interesting and reminds me of something I've been wanting to do for a long while.
    When I was a kid, my sister and I was in Switzerland on a vacation, and one of those days we randomly turned on the tv and this anime movie just started. We sat down and was nailed to our seats for.. I think something like 3 or 4 hours. After the movie was over I felt like I'd been through another life. It was amazing and I still think about it from time to time but I have no clue at all what it was called.

In the movie you followed a guy from boyhood into becoming a man and while I cant remember the exact premise of the movie there are some details here and there that I still recall. It had something of a soul ship, and when someone died, their souls took on the form of a ghostly bird that slowly flew up to the ship. It had hovering speed racer bikes that perhaps was connected to agriculture in some form.

hmm... this was about... lets see.. 1987-89 I think, or something like that. Shit, now that I think about it I cant remember much more. I think the boy had to join a military of some sort, and came back in the end of the movie only to find the love of his life having just died, and he runs after the ghostly bird trying to make it stay with him before it flies of to the soul-ship.

Man, I wish I could find it again.. Anyway, this movie is by all accounts the best anime I've seen =)

i know this is a quote from like... 2 years ago, but I had this on VHS when I was a kid, and its really epic, and you just reminded me of it from so long ago.

its called space firebird

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/en...me.php?id=1790

I'm torn between Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood and death note. Both have amazing storylines that you don't think can get any better until the next episdoe which tops it and so on and so on.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    FLCL

/thread
    lolno. i'd watch that on AS after FMA:brotherhood and all i could say is "wut".

Angel Beats and Star Driver hands down.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Of All the time?

geez, it is a hard choice, since its a lot of good things that i never watched...

But of this year, even so i cant decide between Madoka Magica, Kaiji s2, Usagi Drops... and i haven´t seem anohana so far...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You're missing the point here. And let mr try ssomething else as well.

1 they are not denying he has women living with him what they are trying to say however is that without them all wanting in his pants it's not harem and at mist two of em do that is NOT a harem.

2.Now by your logic Eva is a harem because Shinji masato and asuka all live with him and want in his pants at various points guess what Eva is closer to a true harem than EL is when ts think about it.

Oh and try Bokurano if you don't like that ones deconstruction of human personalities well then no hope. Aldo how do you feel about Rahxephon or fafner.But again harem implies all or over 50% of female characters(main ones at least) want in the main characters pants EL lacks this and even Eva has more of it than EZ foes. Oh and i am no Eva fan seen it twice and didn't like it loved EL though.
    Okay, it's not a harem. Fine. That still doesn't make it good. EL is lolis and gore. Bleak characters with unbelievable motivations for what they do. Everyone but Lucy has as much personality as a piece of wet cardboard, and Lucy isn't much better.

Anyways after being offtopic, the anime closest to being "best" in my eyes would be mushishi, or spice and wolf.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2011-07-28 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Okay, it's not a harem. Fine. That still doesn't make it good. EL is lolis and gore. Bleak characters with unbelievable motivations for what they do. Everyone but Lucy has as much personality as a piece of wet cardboard, and Lucy isn't much better.
    I'd say Nana had a good amount of personality, and Lucy gets a huge amount in what got left out of the anime due to it not covering the manga stuff.

Also speaking of Nana, most psychotically mean spirited web comic ever: http://manga.clone-army.org/nana.php