Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arcane Shot VS Kill Command

As Survival spec having the t12 4 set, what is the best shot/skill to use for the free focus on when it procs? Arcane Shot or Kill Command, 'cos as of right now when I'm testing it on a dummy, Arcane Shot does more damage than Kill Command self buff. But I keep hearing that Kill Command should be used when that 4 piece procs, is this right?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I know, MM uses KC because its better damage per focus or something.

Personally, for SV, I would think using Arcane Shot would be better, because it scales with SV's Mastery, where as KC doesn't.

I'd expect kill command since pets have a naturally higher crit rate due to spider's bite.

This might change in later patches due to mastery becoming a bigger part of hunter stat weighting and arcane shot scaling with mastery.

Deleted
    How about explosive shot as the free shot?

It will be on cooldown most of the time.

Arcane shot will likely still be better than kill command for survival since it scale's with mastery unlike kill command which only scale's of pure attack power, it doesn't matter how much focus you would save if the attack is weaker. It's why as marksman a aimed shot would be the best shot to use with it after chimera shot, using kill command just seem's unwise unless your bm or the attack out damage's arcane/aimed shot which will depend on individual gear setup.

so you totally ignored the increased crit chance then?

Cool just checking.

Aimed shot for proc? You know it has a 2.2sec cast time without RF/BL right?

for pure LnL rotation it should be something like >90focus ES-->KC-->ES-->AS-->ES back to normal.. but that is about the only time you should dump with KC as SV, and that is purely due to the fact that you don't wanna wasted LnL procs on AS oposed to free ES, while still making sure you don't cap on focus (capping focus = dps loss).

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    so you totally ignored the increased crit chance then?

Cool just checking.

Aimed shot for proc? You know it has a 2.2sec cast time without RF/BL right?
    2sec for me, the proc last's what 15sec according to wowhead. Pretty certain it's quite easy to get a aimed shot off which does 3xkc damage or at least for me, I'm certain that nullifies a 10% crit chance when already rocking 40% crit chance in raid's with zero hc fireland's gear.

As I said in my post it will depend on the person's gear. Also looking into the proc duration and abilities which use it up, chance's are as survival you could just use cobra shot until explosive shot come's off cd if your not focused capped worst case being 6sec wait.
    Last edited by Lyaral; 2011-07-23 at 05:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the buff lasts 15 seconds, then Survival Hunters can easily use it on Explosive Shot then spam Arcane Shot afterwards to get rid of some Focus. Since it is obviously better to use the Free Shot proc on a shot that costs more.

As for Marksmanship I can guess its pretty similar, they use it on an expensive attack. Since most of the attacks Marksmanship uses are expensive it doesn't really matter which though, depends on what is available when the proc is up.

Beast Mastery it would be either Arcane Shot or Kill Command depending on what they specced for.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2011-07-23 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    KC does 1,4x or 1,8x the AS damage,KS is better altough it doesn't proc sick'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaral View Post
    2sec for me, the proc last's what 15sec according to wowhead. Pretty certain it's quite easy to get a aimed shot off which does 3xkc damage or at least for me, I'm certain that nullifies a 10% crit chance when already rocking 40% crit chance in raid's with zero hc fireland's gear.

As I said in my post it will depend on the person's gear. Also looking into the proc duration and abilities which use it up, chance's are as survival you could just use cobra shot until explosive shot come's off cd if your not focused capped worst case being 6sec wait.
    There's absolutely no way you're at 40% crit with a 2 second aimed cast.

Also you severely underestimate the damage kill command can do. Aimed shot in bis gear might hit 100k including piercing shots. But you lose an autoshot it has less crit chance and you can't move.

just use KC for LnL procs. Like ES, KC, ES, CS, ES huge numbers that way

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    There's absolutely no way you're at 40% crit with a 2 second aimed cast.

Also you severely underestimate the damage kill command can do. Aimed shot in bis gear might hit 100k including piercing shots. But you lose an autoshot it has less crit chance and you can't move.

Your choice to believe me or not, I couldn't remember how to export from female dwarf but you can go check it out yourself if your so bothered just my character imported (Lyaral Quel'thalas - eu) with all regular buffs/debuff's turned on excluding dark intent.

If you can't stand still for 2sec by all means use a kill command but I find very few fight's have this limitation in the current tier.
    Last edited by Lyaral; 2011-07-23 at 09:20 PM.

Don't know bout you guys but I just tested it in raids and still Arcane shot does more damage than Kill Command as SV.
    Go try it out and see with full raid buff and I also tried it out on a dummy with self buff still Arcane shot pulls ahead.

Your choice to believe me or not, I couldn't remember how to export from female dwarf but you can go check it out yourself if your so bothered just my character imported (Lyaral Quel'thalas - eu) with all regular buffs/debuff's turned on excluding dark intent.

If you can't stand still for 2sec by all means use a kill command but I find very few fight's have this limitation in the current tier.
    Ok well I guess im severely underestimating what crit rating we can achieve at the moment though i'm gonna guess that the 5% additional non displayed crit from femaledwarf is an average of your twisted/flintlocke procs throughout the fight.

This is what you get when you raid a whole lot more than I do.

Well my arcanes does a lot more damage than Kill command. Should I still do Kill commands or what is your recommendation. I prefer Kill command myself.

you have to be in range of ur pet to do kill command right?

nope, but pet despawns after 50 yards or so, so that's the effective range of KC