Making money with JC/Enchanting

was wondering what all these people are doing with my Ore i sell. I know some of them and their Jewelcrafters/enchanters.. how are people making money through these 2 professions. I myself have a JC/Enchanter.. thanks for nay help

I used to prospect the ores and sell the uncut uncommon quality gems in AH and cut the rare gems into something profitable like +40 strength gems and then sell them.

I havent played a toon with enchanting as a profession since early wotlk so I dont exactly know what they do with the ore these days.
    i <3 u

Deleted
    Prospect ore, make rings and such, disenchant them and sell the enchanting mats. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Prospect ore, make rings and such, disenchant them and sell the enchanting mats. Easy.
    Pretty much this. You take the uncommon gems, make them into the fist weapons (or other items you want), then DE them and sell the mats on the AH. Simple as that.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

You can also throw a transmute spec. alchy into the mix. Have him transmute all the Carnelian into Inferno Rubies. Might be more of a profit than making them into Carnelian and DEing them.

Not to mention Alchy is a nice little gold boost on it's own, anyway

Prospect ores>cut rare gems/sell common gems when they high on AH>consider vendor zephyrites or sell slowly>make DE food>sell goood stated blue rings>Make enchant scrolls, anything from mastery on gloves to the whatever higheste scroll is in enchant tab dunno.. all recipes can make profit easy.

You can get 5k a day with that on my server easy enough.

Edit: Renember get mael recipes, good profit aswell. Also consider make meta's (buy shadowspirit diamond if cheap, cut metas)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohung View Post
    was wondering what all these people are doing with my Ore i sell. I know some of them and their Jewelcrafters/enchanters.. how are people making money through these 2 professions. I myself have a JC/Enchanter.. thanks for nay help
    Some are doing the prospect -> craft rings, necks-> de, while others are smelting the ore to create some blacksmithing blues (stormforge) to de. All depends on the enchanting / gem prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Basicley this ^^

Plus transmuting shadowspirit meta gems, 5-10 strengh/agil/int and stam+armor meta gems a day are sold at 150g-400g each with uncut metas selling from 125-200 each.

Also with the mats from de-ing adding maelstrom crystals from ah at 50-75g each and huge profits from power torrent selling at 1750-3k each depending on the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is impossible to make money through enchanting scrolls on my server as the mats are at least 50g more than the average scroll (i.e. power torrent sells for 1k and maelstorms/shards for 100g each), but buying ore - i only buy ore when it's under 25g on my server then prospect it, transmute the carnelians into inferno rubies (transmute master) make rings with the uncommon gems, sometimes i end up selling my nightstones as they sell for 20g+, with the other gems like demonseye etc i cut too, tho those usually take quite a while to sell and they don't sell for much. i made a heck of a lot more money when farming the ore myself, but i just can't be bothered to do that anymore
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfoxx View Post
    i made a heck of a lot more money when farming the ore myself, but i just can't be bothered to do that anymore
    Are you sure you made "more"? Didn't you just spend a lot more time? Think of it in terms of gold per hour. 15 minutes of buying and prospecting yields more than farming for 15 minutes (and probably more than farming for some hours). Time is money, friend! :P