Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Should of made it A poll.
    Either way would most rather be deaf

Deleted
    I've had a blind person telling me that losing sound is worse, as well as a deaf person telling me that losing vision is worse.

Of course they say that, because they're heavily biased towards the sense they still have. But to answer your question, I'd rather lose sound.
    We humans are heavily focused on vision anyway, so I guess that's worst to lose to most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sight > other senses

Deaf, eternal darkness, no no...

99.9% of people will say they would rather be deaf. Having sight is much more beneficial to sound. And think of it this way, if you became deaf you would still be able to play WoW to some degree!

Quote Originally Posted by gvd13 View Post
    99.9% of people will say they would rather be deaf. Having sight is much more beneficial to sound. And think of it this way, if you became deaf you would still be able to play WoW to some degree!
    Why some degree when I still played I always had all of WoW's sounds muted lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Deaf. There is so much to see in the world and I can't imagine not being able to experience it. Plus, I can still play WoW haha. I hope we develop a way to prevent/revert blindness and deafness though, everybody deserves these

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+a+poll+mmo-champion
    Google is your friend

OT : I'd rater be deaf. Being blind would prevent me from doing pretty much anything besides talking and listening to music. Being deaf would only prevent me from listening to music, talking and watching stuff without subtitles. :P

Blind for sure I don't think I could live without music or being able to hear my guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Deaf. At least you can still drive lol.
    You "could" drive, but being deaf would probably get your license revoked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deaf. No one has anything interesting to say anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand it when people ask me this question. Everyone seems to think they're being SO clever asking me such a HARD question.

I can't imagine ANYONE who would want to be deaf over being blind. Sight is better than anything bar none.

A much better question would be having ONLY sight or ALL the other senses minus sight IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yousend View Post
    You "could" drive, but being deaf would probably get your license revoked.
    maybe full deaf but not partial, i still have mine.
    -My advice is to chill a little, sit back, and watch Deathwing destroy your world.
    -DID YOU KNOW that the declaration of independence contains 1337 words??

I'm deaf. I'd very much rather be deaf than blind. I can't imagine raiding with vent, it'd probably be way more stressful with idiots talking nonstop.

Deaf. If I was blind I couldn't read these forums. :P

Both should be an option

I'd choose to be deaf over losing sight

Deaf obviously... can't imagine ANYONE wanting to be blind, over any other sense...

Quote Originally Posted by snipeshot24 View Post
    maybe full deaf but not partial, i still have mine.
    Full blind you would, I know around here you need to be able to hear the sirens to have a driver's license.

PS: I find it hilarious how a lot people on a gaming forums would rather lose sight than hearing, sounds like you wouldn't be able to enjoy much video games if you can't look at your screen!

PPS: If it was any of the 5 senses, I'd chose Taste though, I can live without my taste buds. ^_^

My uncle is deaf, and so is his wife. I can already do sign language pretty well, so I'd choose deaf over blind. I'm a very visual person, I'd hate to lose sight of my surroundings, of my fiance's face... etc. I can handle silence, but not being able to see would be bad to my sanity.