Poll: Lore Forum: Yes or No.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heck yes, I love the lore and really interested in it.

So long as it doesn't get filled up with people saying, "Go look it up on wowpedia," I'd be more than happy with a lore forum.

Lore in wow LOL LOL LOL

Nice, 87 yes votes! I would be ecstatic if we could get 100+ yes votes, because 100 people seems like a good amount of attention that could be payed to the 'hopefully' new Lore Forum.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    Lore in wow LOL LOL LOL
    Because I'm sure that was necessary.
    O_o

Deleted
    Why not.. might create more interesting discussions

Moved to S&F, although you can search for yourself in this forum to find all of Bibi's responses to the matter.

I probably couldn't care either way, but I do still agree that we don't really get enough threads on it to dedicate a subforum to it. We've had a bit of a spike in them recently, but that's only because the newest book just came out. In a month or so, those will die down, and we'll be back to getting 1-2 lore threads every month.. if that. Also, I'm not sure if you've actually read through entire lore threads before, but it seems that a lot of people on this forum are incapable of discussing it without going batshit insane on each other (especially when it involves Sylvanas for whatever reason).

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I don't see any reason for why not.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 07:28 PM ----------

We've had a bit of a spike in them recently, but that's only because the newest book just came out.
    And there will be another because the new Knaak(lolknaak) book is released quite soon and a lot of people will start arguing about the nature of Varian. Then there's the Jaina book that has been already confirmed and I doubt it's that far away either in big picture.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Moved to S&F, although you can search for yourself in this forum to find all of Bibi's responses to the matter.

I probably couldn't care either way, but I do still agree that we don't really get enough threads on it to dedicate a subforum to it. We've had a bit of a spike in them recently, but that's only because the newest book just came out. In a month or so, those will die down, and we'll be back to getting 1-2 lore threads every month.. if that. Also, I'm not sure if you've actually read through entire lore threads before, but it seems that a lot of people on this forum are incapable of discussing it without going batshit insane on each other (especially when it involves Sylvanas for whatever reason).
    Sport & Fitness says hi

I votes yes, maybe a dedicated forum would open people's eyes for the topic. I'd love to just read people's stuff to learn more also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, i love all the lore treads ( give more old god speculation! )
    and there seem to be plenty of treads about it to warrent a own place.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but strict rules please.

15+ Year Old Account
    What Elysia said, and what we've said in lots of threads before -- there just aren't currently enough lore discussions to justify a whole forum. There was a nice spike with the book, but it's already died down from where it was.

If that changes, we can consider it, but there will always be the people who want to come in and stomp on everyone's sandcastles. We can take it off the front page recent posts list, to avoid having people randomly arrive through that, but then the forum dies due to lack of traffic.

Edit: To give an idea of the scale I'm talking about, in our Achievements forum, which is probably the smallest main discussion forum, we have about 10 new threads per day. I don't think lore threads could sustain even a fraction of that for a long time.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-07-29 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Edit: To give an idea of the scale I'm talking about, in our Achievements forum, which is probably the smallest main discussion forum, we have about 10 new threads per day. I don't think lore threads could sustain even a fraction of that for a long time.
    That's quite a bit more active than what I would've guessed. I would have to agree that Lore would have a tough time competing with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

The Wow official forums have a story forum, why can't MMO-Champ?
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

15+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I couldn't care less for it but:
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityRogueFeathermoon View Post
    ...the Lore Forum would be used to get all the Lore traffic out of General and Raid forums.
    So yea.

---

After reading through a bit I guess that Sunshine is right. There would be no use for it after some time. But why not rename the RP forum a bit? This way it just seems like Moonguard's GoldShire Inn on friday midnight .
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2011-07-29 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    becuase of this post, it got me thinking about the lore again.... off to play warcraft orcs & humans

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this

15+ Year Old Account
    it's been asked about 30 times

Answer has always been no.

A Lore Forum would not get enough traffic, so Lore discussions just live in general (where they do thrive)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Yes there should, our only other option honestly is the general forum and that's not really a good lore place, attracts all kinds of trolls and people that don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    it's been asked about 30 times

Answer has always been no.

A Lore Forum would not get enough traffic, so Lore discussions just live in general (where they do thrive)
    I don't understand why they cant just click a button and try it out, if it doesn't get enough traffic in the first month then get rid of it. Its not like its going to hurt anything even if its there and no one uses it...