Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What is this girl thinking?

So I'm in a strange situation where I have no idea what to think. I like this girl, we went on a school trip, it was overnight for a couple days. On the last day during dinner in the hotel she asks me specifically if I want to go upstairs and hang out in the hotel rooms. I said sure and the elevator ride was awkward (I've never been in a relationship so I'm super awkward fail). I'm sure she felt how awkward it was and so we both decided to just go to different rooms.

On the busride back, she practically hooks up in front of me with one of my friends. That pretty much was a slap in the face and I didn't know wtf to think.

Prom comes, I don't go with her. At the after party however, everyone goes downstairs except her and I, she asks if I want to go laydown on this thing on the floor. I'm an idiot and say no. After party ends, go to rest of the school year we are just friends.

It's now the summer, we casually text back and forth, have hung out with each other at various group things with all of our friends. I decide to give it a shot and ask her out. I was talking to a fellow female friend on how to do it since I have no idea. I ask her to go out sometime through a text (It was the only way to ask, we wouldn't be seeing eachother anytime soon). She says sure, I'm like OMG hell yeah. Then she says, we can hang out at some other kids house since he is home alone for the week. (She liked this kid last year, he didn't like her back). I say I'd rather it just be the two of us, since I intended it to be a date.

She says sure so we see a movie. It goes okay, I paid and all that shit, after that...the back and forth texting pretty much stops.

I got the vibe she liked me all throughout the year, but after the hooking up thing with my friend I got really depressed and shit. I'm in a few classes with her and we always glance at eachother, make eye contact and smile, so I really have no clue what to do here. Any advice?

Did she get the idea that it was a date when we went to the movies? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks!

She probably does like you, your just not giving off signals that you like her back..

She sounds like a slut and she was probably upset that you didn't make any moves on the date and she's tired of giving you chances so she's giving up on you. That's all I can make of it from what you've said without sounding sappy and unrealistic (like 90% of the replies relationship threads get on these forums).
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should've hit that shit a long time ago. Since you didn't, you might be gay. At least thats what she is thinking right now. You need to understand that when a whore is looking to get laid, she is expecting to get laid that night. Don't expect her to wait for some overly sensitive man when she's just in high school.

It sounds like you made her wait and she didn't like it. She may be trying to "get back" at you.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    She sounds like a slut and she was probably upset that you didn't make any moves on the date and she's tired of giving you chances so she's giving up on you. That's all I can make of it from what you've said without sounding sappy and unrealistic (like 90% of the replies relationship threads get on these forums).
    Hah she is not a slut..at all. We aren't in the cool crowd at my school, so she isn't trying to whore it out like some.

Man up dude. Girls don't like it when you pussyfoot around. If you want her you have to show her. Not by asking her out through a text message, and she showed a lot of signs from what I read, and you shut her down man.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just move on to the next whore. Don't hesitate and all will be good. Remember, pussy feels good no matter whether it's meaningful or just a one night stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    She sounds................ Hmmmmm I don't have the proper adjective to describe her. Someone say it for me please.

Hah yeah I'm pretty much getting the same response in different words..fuck me I'm stupid. I'm mostly just afraid of going for it, and her saying no or something. The whole rejection thing scares the shit out of me. Cuz if I try and nothing happens, I just ruined being friends with her. FAIL.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea um....... dude you effed up

be direct in a playfully flirtish way just dont over do it.
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Sounds like this: She like(s/d) you, but thought maybe you didn't like her back. She tried to make you jealous by making out with your friend. Be more forward, I think.

Sounds like she gave you so many chances, even making the first move on more than one occasion and you completely shut her down, what is she suppose to think?

Even if you did lose her as a friend, which I doubt would happen because like you say you have a pretty closed off group of friends, it still wouldnt matter. Cuz you're in high school and nothing should be taken that seriously unless it's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Hah she is not a slut..at all. We aren't in the cool crowd at my school, so she isn't trying to whore it out like some.
    Lol what?

> She asked you to go up to the "hotel rooms" alone
    > She hooked up with another guy the next day
    > She asked you to lay down with her on a "thing on the floor"
    > You asked her out on a date and she suggested to go to the house of ANOTHER guy she used to like

and finally...

> She started ignoring you when she gave you the last chance to make a move on her after she's practically THROWN herself at you.

Normal girls don't do this. How can you not call this a slut?

Edit:

Anyway, if you really don't want to think she's a slut (when she probably is)... why do you think she'll wait for you forever?

You've said no to her several times.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-07-30 at 05:05 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've basically turned her down several times. Why are you expecting her to keep trying when you've given her lots of indication that you're not that interested?
    As for the "date", how did it go? Was it awkward? You skip over that completely. Did you ask her on another after that? I'm very confused as to why you didn't go with her suggestion for the date. It sounded like she wanted to get you alone and knew the guy would let you guys have private time while his parents were away.
    Honestly, at this point, if you're really forward, she might go for it. She doesn't sound like she's very interested in being in a relationship with you, but obviously wants to hook up. If you want that, all it would take would be to text her while she's free and you have an empty room. More than that, she doesn't sound interested and obviously the chemistry wasn't there on the date for her to move in that direction.

Also: not really getting all the slut shaming going on in this thread...
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    You've basically turned her down several times. Why are you expecting her to keep trying when you've given her lots of indication that you're not that interested?
    As for the "date", how did it go? Was it awkward? You skip over that completely. Did you ask her on another after that? I'm very confused as to why you didn't go with her suggestion for the date. It sounded like she wanted to get you alone and knew the guy would let you guys have private time while his parents were away.
    Honestly, at this point, if you're really forward, she might go for it. She doesn't sound like she's very interested in being in a relationship with you, but obviously wants to hook up. If you want that, all it would take would be to text her while she's free and you have an empty room. More than that, she doesn't sound interested and obviously the chemistry wasn't there on the date for her to move in that direction.

Also: not really getting all the slut shaming going on in this thread...
    The date was fine, I mean we spoke before the movie for a bit about random things we are both interested in, I listened to her talk about her summer job trying to be the good listening type of guy that went well, then the movie played and we both thought it was good, after that we parted ways. I said "hey that was really fun we should do that again sometime" and she said yea. I never thought about it that way for the private room thing, but I don't fully agree. She liked this kid a few years ago..a lot and he said no.

15+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't seem like a whore but she does seem fickle. (teenage girls are like that for the most part) They love you today, hate you tomorrow and forget you the day after. :S If she has a chance to hang out alone and passes that up to hang out at some next guys place well... :/ Or play the ignore card and see if she bites. It's up to you really.
    You make me smile with my heart.

When in doubt, jam it in.