Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Almost got Arrested...

So I just started college a week ago. Me and my roommates all bought nerf guns to have a war with the upper floor and stuff. The RA's were in on it to and it was all pretty fun. Then the campus police came. They took our guns, wrote our names down and now tomorrow we have to go to the Judicial Affairs building and explain why we brought nerf guns to campus. The best part about the whole situation is that it never said anywhere in the student code of conduct about "projectile weapons". Police really have nothing better to do nowadays.

Wow.
    Just wow.

That's why I moved off campus asap. Nothing worse than dickhead RA's and campus cops taking their frustration about failing their state police exams out on you.

Lol did the RA's get in trouble too? I don't see what they really could do they are toys obviously that can be told from looking at them. Only thing they could get you for is possibly disturbing he peace being as how late it currently is. Other than that who knows might just be because your school has nothing else to do unless your school just doesn't care about anything at all

No they didn't. My one RA was just here helping us take our "rehabilitation exam". Ahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Campus security are real policemen now?

That is pro lol well you should let me know tomorrow what ends up happening

The cop said "We are not rent a cops, this is just my jurisdiction." I lawl'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Campus security are real policemen now?
    They're real policemen who can't get jobs at real police stations.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they ever try to bring you to a real court the judge will laugh them out the door
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I suppose Putricide is now known as "Green Spray Farty Gas Man". And i guess Blood Queen Lana'thel is now called "Time of Month Vampire Woman" with attacks such as "Bitey Bitey your friend" and "Fly high and spread fade".

Mall cops are the lazy ones that weren't cut out to be real cops.
    Most campus cops are the try hards that sucked at pretty much everything they did so they signed up for the next best thing.

OT: Wtf, we had campus police/security join us before in a nerf war... What tool of a cop would write up students for really bright yellow/orange funky colored guns that fire giant foam darts...
    Last edited by Icpie; 2011-08-02 at 05:16 AM.
    New and shiny compppppp!

It's actually illegal to have fake guns spray painted black to look like real guns. Was that the case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    They're real policemen who can't get jobs at real police stations.
    why would they they get paid almost double what the normal cops do. MOst campus PD are either retired state troopers or are waiting for a Trooper spot to open up.

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Limbs of a Stare View Post
    if they ever try to bring you to a real court the judge will laugh them out the door
    someone had to call them they don't just show up out of the blue my guess is someone called and they would say you were causing a disturbance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    It's actually illegal to have fake guns spray painted black to look like real guns. Was that the case?
    Nerf guns don't even look like real guns.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbs of a Stare View Post
    They never try to go to real court, just a college disciplinary board that can expel you and not refund tuition, so in many cases much worse than court action

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    why would they they get paid almost double what the normal cops do. MOst campus PD are either retired state troopers or are waiting for a Trooper spot to open up.

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 05:18 AM ----------

someone had to call them they don't just show up out of the blue my guess is someone called and they would say you were causing a disturbance.
    it doesn't matter, all he should have to do is fight it, say walk up to any court, and then have the cops get laughed out of the court room. they're nerf guns, we used them heavily my freshmen year in college and noone said a thing.

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    They never try to go to real court, just a college disciplinary board that can expel you and not refund tuition, so in many cases much worse than court action
    most colleges have a judiciary board thats essentially a group of their peers that deals with smaller issues. Say.. drinking in your dorm room etc. etc. This "charge" wouldn't hold up even in that "court"

10+ Year Old Account
    Arhg I know, living on campus can be frustrating. My room mate and I got written up over chirstmas holidays because apparently they found a huge bottle of wine in our room, a size that exceeded the alotted amount.
    I was under age at the time, and my room mate was not, but regardless we only drink beer. We tried to appeal and suggest that perhaps it was a mix up of room numbers, as our next door neighbor has THOUSANDS of too-large wine bottles in her room, but we were told that they don't make mistakes and to politely piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Nerf guns don't even look like real guns.
    I remember a year or two ago, some 5 year old kid got expelled from school for bringing a lego gun to school. It wasnt a big lego construction to look like a gun either. It was just a small pistol that you would get from a police themed lego set or something.

Anything that might resemble gun is against the rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    We had a zombie invasion at University of Central Florida where I go, and no one got in trouble at all and this was like 200+ people all around campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I remember a year or two ago, some 5 year old kid got expelled from school for bringing a lego gun to school. It wasnt a big lego construction to look like a gun either. It was just a small pistol that you would get from a police themed lego set or something.

Anything that might resemble gun is against the rules.
    college in no way is equal to kindergarten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    it doesn't matter, all he should have to do is fight it, say walk up to any court, and then have the cops get laughed out of the court room. they're nerf guns, we used them heavily my freshmen year in college and noone said a thing.
    yes, and you are missing the point it's not about the nerf guns they will cite them with a disturbing the peace or if they really want to be douches criminal mischief either way has nothing to do with the "nerf guns" and honestly you expect a judge to take the word of some college kids over an officer?