Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anowon View Post
    And now it looks like they'll be the centerpiece of the next expansion. lolololol
    Nice necro.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Hopefully it wipes them off the face of Azeroth so that people quit asking for fucking Pandarens.
    Shit, I really hope so those fucking Panderens are the roof of all evil.

Isn't this necro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Isn't this necro?
    But appropriate again. Pandas are shaken loose! Tranquil islands erupt into chaos! Much flying of beer and foam!

Quote Originally Posted by Inbred View Post
    Nice necro.
    It popped up as my second hit while googling pandaria after seeing the homepage. Read all the rage in the thread against pandas. And lawled.

I remembered that thread from when I participated in it back when it was a new thread and wanted to go post so witty comment about it prolly being the next expansion but someone beat me to it...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that Blizz has to stretch lore sometimes, but goodness, How the heck are the Pandarens going to be the centerpiece in an XP? Maybe Sageras is hiding out in some Bamboo forrest covered with adorable fur... but that's not going to happen. If this is an XP maybe they can give us My Little Pony mounts and Hello Kitty companion pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    I'd love to see Asian myth, honor, etc. but not if it comes packaged in such an obnoxiously lame race.
    This, since Pandas do suck the big one

Quote Originally Posted by mentalass View Post
    With the World being effected by the cataclysm wouldn't Pandaria be some how effected too? This is good chance for Blizz to add the races island and make them a dailys quest hub. Lets face it the fans wants Pandaren so why doesn't Blizz give us what we want!! lol
    It wasn't affected by the cataclysm because Blizzard didn't pull it out of their ass until after the cataclysm occurred.
    So there you have it: Pandaria was protected by the colon.

Quote Originally Posted by Araella View Post
    It wasn't affected by the cataclysm because Blizzard didn't pull it out of their ass until after the cataclysm occurred.
    You actually believe blizzard doesn't think about expansions beforehand? Cataclysm was in the works even before Wotlk came out and now you think they just all of a sudden decide to make another expansion?
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araella View Post
    This has to be one of the best lines i've read here today xD

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    You actually believe blizzard doesn't think about expansions beforehand? Cataclysm was in the works even before Wotlk came out and now you think they just all of a sudden decide to make another expansion?
    Actually I'm pretty sure they've had their overall story arc mapped out since at least BC myself, I just thought the comment would be funny and suiting to what seems to be (if true) a pretty damn random expansion (especially so considering it was birthed by a bonus character and April Fool's joke).

I hope they all die
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    and since when did WoW have honor?
    but we do got Honor points! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    Pandaren don't actually exist!

Let me submit to you this: what actual evidence do we have that Pandaria, and the Pandaren, actually exist? Definite, concrete evidence of this is limited to only three particular instances (that readily jump to mind):

- The Pandaren who assists Rexxar and Rok'han in the founding of Durotar
    - The existence of the Pandaren mini pet
    - A wave of Pandaren (b&w furbolg, essentially) used against Kael as the blood elves escaped to Outlands

Now the second one is easily discounted as merely a money-making gesture on Blizzard's part, but what of the others? I would contest that the use of Pandaren in the tower defense level of Warcraft 3 was not meant in any serious lore perspective, but rather to keep the waves varied and interesting.

The first instance, and its related quest in WoW that offers no true confirmation of Chen's existence, is the only one that could be construed as Pandaren existing. However, we see no widespread acknowledgement of Chen's involvement at all after the fact, beyond Rexxar, Rok'han and the odd drunken orc. I see no reason, then, to assume that Chen's involvement was anything more than a hallucination brought on by Rok'han's ganja as the two toked it up in the wilds, and the rumor has passed down since then. Chen's Barrel? Only a plant, the same way parents plant notes from Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

So, since it's very reasonable to assume that, even outside the context of 'lol april fools joke', Pandaren don't exist, Pandaria does not exist either. Q.E.D. - no effect on Pandaria due to the Cataclysm, as it doesn't exist.
    There used to be a quest. Way back in Vanilla WoW, there was a small barrel that would spawn in The Barrens that would give a quest called Chen's Empty Keg. It may not be much, but it is proof that Chen was in Kalimdor at some point.

Im guessing the fact that they were introduced as a joke is why people cant handle them as a race. However that "joke" had some backstory to it. It shouldnt be considered bad to include a race that you denied as an april fools joke. It seems completely relivant IMO to include pandaren in wow. Besides the worgen seemed like unlikely races but here they are. Who knows they might just be npcs like the tusknor. Id still like to be one tho.
    (If theres more to this story id love to know about it.)

You mean the way it effected Northrend

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what makes you think they are on azeroth? they could have at one point and fled before the cataclysm happened, after all there are a ton of gateways in the game
    "Words and thoughts. The connection between the two. Without words, thoughts cannot be conveyed. Without thoughts, there are no words. They are both as vital as each other. They can never be divided. Like the wings of angels."

Elhaym Van Houten -Xenogears

Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    Pandaren don't actually exist!
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=1368 disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotica View Post
    what makes you think they are on azeroth? they could have at one point and fled before the cataclysm happened, after all there are a ton of gateways in the game
    Pandaria=the unique planes of the Emerald Dream?
    (Makes the title sound more relivant.)