Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Has the in-game guild recruitment tool taken off?

Since it is only accessible by the leader we have a bit of a bureaucratic problem right now since we want officers to control it. However, should I care at all? Is it still trade channel/forums the main way to recruit?

Deleted
    The Guild finder works. It's good for social apps, really - we use a mix of both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Since it is only accessible by the leader we have a bit of a bureaucratic problem right now since we want officers to control it. However, should I care at all? Is it still trade channel/forums the main way to recruit?
    For me, it only feels that it's something for leveling guilds. I've got several 25 guilds, which make huge adventage. Raiding guilds? No, just the old way.

nop, another one in the bin with the voice chat

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    For any kind of serious raiding, I don't think the tool fits in.

For mass recruiting leveling guilds, I think it's very nice, used it several times.

Deleted
    I sort of like the system, but in my opinion if it had brought into the game ALOT earlier it would have worked out better. People are just so used to recruiting in trade and it would take alot for that to change really.

Deleted
    We got one applicant out of god knows how many through the ingame guild finder. I'd say it doesn't really work, people are set in their ways. Plus personally, and for most other guild leaders/officers, the application process is just too good a way to vet your applicants.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried this for fun, no guilds redponded, even the "guild-perk-guilds"

i use it to find a lvl 25 social guild on a server and then /who (guildname) and just whisper them

Its been really good for me to get the alts im levelling into established guilds, but I have yet to test it to find a raiding guild so Im not sure how successful it is there. I do still notice quite a lot of trade advertising on my server though so guilds still rely on that for recruitment as well.

They need to allow sending guild invites to offline players <.< Most annoying thing about that tool. Otherwise it's great.

Also what do you mean you want officers to control it? Officers can look into it and invite people when they applied if they got the permissions to do that. What else would you want?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

As a raiding guild we have a message on it to apply to our website. That is how we wish to use it, and its good for getting our name out.

However, we still get apps from people across the in-game tool rather than the website. Usually these are socials who fail at reading and just want to be in a level 25 guild. These get declined. I imagine the guild finder tool is only good for level 25 guilds recruiting, since it makes such a big deal of the guild level.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty useless for raiding guilds, actually.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Same here. pretty odd..

I have found most of the ppl that use the new looking for guild tool are the lazy ppl that blanket apply to as many guilds as they can or ever lvl 25 that is on there. I am sure that it is a helpful way to find ppl, but I wont use it. I put my guild on there for about 5 minutes just seeing what the feature was and had a few dozen requests to join and ppl bothering me for weeks afterwards, never again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    It could be that the guild doesn't know/care to check it. Or they have tried to whisper you but you have been offline.

I checked the requests the guild im in, today. And out from the 20 requests, none of them were online. It's been like that for ages now. So +1 on the offline invites, or atleast make it work like friends list. Showing who's online and who's not.

was totally obvious from the beginning that nobody was ever going to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    was totally obvious from the beginning that nobody was ever going to use it.
    And yet, both the people above and my personal experience tell you otherwise...

i use it to save spamming trade, what i would've spammed in trade is in the text box, we want our applicants to apply on our forums as there's lots of things we want to know about potential applicants, the amount that just sign up/apply without actually, visiting, registering or filling out an application form is incredible - if you cant even read the freaking guild statement, dont bother applying, have had loads i've declined purely on that point alone

so yea, the ingame guild finder thing does work, but all the people that seem to use it, are pretty fail, we've not had a single decent recruit from it, but that could just be because there are loads of fail players on our server

edit: it's actually got to the point where i mail the people that apply to tell them they have to apply on the forum, still none do, cos of course i'm just gonna invite your lazy ass straight into my level 25 guild, hey, why dont we make you an officer and give you gold withdrawals on the guild bank while we're at it...
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-08-05 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has potential for sure. As a guild leader, I would prefer if it gave some sort of notification when someone applies using it, because otherwise I never think to check it.