Deleted

Master Riding skill & Farming

Hey, i was wondering if others have the same problem as me, after i learned the Master riding skill (310%) i kinda feel that i get less ores/veins then before.
    Do i fly to fast so the ores/veins "dont have time" to show up on map ++ ? Not so fun mining if you know you only can see like 40-70% of the veins!! =(
    my graphic settings are all on Ultra, so dont think thats the problem!
    and its not like i can unlearn a riding skill =/

Help ?

Deleted
    I can't say I've had a similar problem as I don't really farm anymore. However, when I used to I used addons called Gatherer and Chinchilla.

Gatherer adds all farming node spawn points on your map, including your minimap, and Chinchilla has an option to show a range circle around you in the minimap. If you got those you could just fly towards the node spawn points marked by Gatherer and then adjust the range circle of Chinchilla to mark the optimal range within which the nodes should show on your minimap, i.e. when the node spawn point is within the range circle, it will show on your minimap.

When the range circle of Chinchilla is smaller than the real range nodes require in order to show on your minimap, you'll give the nodes more time to show on your minimap as you fly closer to the node than normally required and it takes more time for you to exit its visibility range. I can't say how large the circle should be exactly as lag might affect to the speeds nodes show in your radar, so it's up to you to test the range that works the best.

I hope this makes some sense...

Deleted
    I just had the problem of getting too used to the fast flying that it doesn't really seem much faster than 280% Even with Crusader Aura

Sometimes, the nodes tend to lag a little bit. So if you're at 310% flight speed, + various guild/class speed buffs, it can happen that even if you fly right over a node, it doesn't have a chance to appear before you already exited the range (or it appear for 0.2 sec before you exit the range, doesn't letting you enough time to stop it on the minimap).

If you want to test it, the next time you spot a node, fly away, wait like 10 seconde, and come back exactly where you've seen it. Sometimes, it takes more than 5 sec before it appear.

To counter that, i'd suggest you fly in zigzag. You'll cover a much larger aera, and you're most likely to stay in range long enough for it to show up.

Deleted
    ty, i will try =) or else i need to force blizzard to undo my super flying

Quote Originally Posted by TypicalGoblin View Post
    Sometimes, the nodes tend to lag a little bit. So if you're at 310% flight speed, + various guild/class speed buffs, it can happen that even if you fly right over a node, it doesn't have a chance to appear before you already exited the range (or it appear for 0.2 sec before you exit the range, doesn't letting you enough time to stop it on the minimap).

If you want to test it, the next time you spot a node, fly away, wait like 10 seconde, and come back exactly where you've seen it. Sometimes, it takes more than 5 sec before it appear.

To counter that, i'd suggest you fly in zigzag. You'll cover a much larger aera, and you're most likely to stay in range long enough for it to show up.
    This actually happens to me all the time... I was starting to think it was because of my computer >.>
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin