Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This expansion sounds so awesome, too bad it's just a fan one, but you did a really good work on creating this!
    Since I love spiders and have always been interested in nerubians etc. this would be a dream for me.
    It's such a good time to read this and just imagine the epicness. If something similiar like this would appear in WoW in one way or another, then my WoW life should be complete.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love this idea, I would start at WoW again if this came true.
    Your ideas are phenominal, I love your work for the zones.
    Especially the new idea to Basin, the flood, it looks gorgeous. I love underwater zones.
    The theme is perfect. Maybe a little too much with so much nerubish theme, but you make it up with other themes like the Twilight's Hammer, so it's fine
    On a sidenote, I L-L-L-LOVE your artwork!!! Your fabolous at drawing! if it IS you :P
    If Blizzard could use this idea, atleast for a patch. I want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Update - New dungeon:

Next, a zone map - The Upper Kingdom

Thanks again to Amonra for the font - makes things look even more authentic!
    I know right? I don't even remember how i found the name years ago (i'm fairly sure that it was a google search for wow font) but the name got stucked in my head .

BTW Your maps are really awesome, but your artwork is UBERAMAZING, I totally envy you now, in the good way, not in the "i'll murder your eye sockets way" XD

Keep the amazing work coming, it's truly exceptional!

PS: I as really into map making, I still have some projects around (Zul aman!) But t's kinda stale right now. This was the last one I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The heroic mode only scene covers that fairly well. Obviously there will be a lot of stuff that I'll be forced to merely summarize or allude to, as I'm certainly not going to write thousands of individual quests!
    For example, Valiance Keep is under attack by the Naga and the Twilight Cult, in that storyline the Alliance players see that Xarosan is having a disagreement with Veno'vyl, he wanted her to keep attacking Valiance Keep and not go after weapon hidden in the Riplash Ruins. After the players see the meeting between the two leaders, they are quickly rush to help blue dragons and the Kirin Tor at Cobalt Hold since the Naga are not really attacking the keep until they get a hold of the weapon in Riplash Ruins.

Along the quest line in the area near Cobalt Hold where they also find Xarosan having a meeting with anotherTwilight Cult leader, Zin'fanel, dealing with ley lines around Coldarra, and he does mention that his groups have found couple ley lines in Dragonblight and he will be overseeing there without a delay.

Understanding the Twilight's goal with the ley lines around Coldarra; Madra wanted to remove both Twilight leaders at once however he was too late since Xarosan was long gone and he was only able to force Zin'fanel to retreat. Later while leveling, players do find Zin'fanel in Sholazar Basin where she is forced to work along with Zorc to secure the great pillars and the energies of the Titans for her failure in Borean Tundra, where she is also force to retreat along with Zorc.

Player do find a memo stating that Xarosan will be stopping by at a ruins of Talramas to talk to someone before heading to Dragonblight for his appointment

After dealing with the Twilight cult near Coldarra, the Alliance players deal with Scourge Remnants and the Nerubians on the eastern area of Borean Tundra following on the lead of the memo however they did miss Xarosan.

Then the players enter Dragonblight where they do deal with Xarosan but he also retreated as well.

You see, I have created a story-flow between each zone and all the major players.

I think you want to make Xarosan, a guy to keep an eye on because he is about to be a bigger player in the Spider Kingdom Expansion.

The way you show me Xarosan is that he is a right hand man that can get alliance with other groups and report the accomplishment to the Twilight Lords when he is also one of the Twilight Lords.

Also you should make that all the sub-commanders act toward with each other before we finally deal with them in Icecrown. The only zone I saw without a twilight sub-commanders is Grizzly Hills.
    Last edited by Auroro; 2011-07-27 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds extremely awesome - and you have some really nice artistic skills. Your artworks are great.

Your fights also sound like a lot of fun - but all of them sound like raidbosses. xD
    Those aren't 5 man (heroic) bosses, those are raid bosses. If some of those fights would be implemented as 5 man bosses, I don't want to see the raidbosses... XD

Deleted
    You've done an admirable amount of work here, would love to see more nerubians, although they could leave their scarabs home

I book-marked this, so I could come back every now and then for my daily-dose of pure Awesome.

Deleted
    Hmmm...I have a few ideas for dungeons, based in areas like Slithus, Moonglade and the Hinterlands, just to add some variation.

Way too much time + way too much awesome is this.

Just skim read little sections of this but definitely bookmarking to come back and read the whole thing through, but so far I really like what I'm reading.

Yeah, this is pretty gnarly. Alot of good work here. The underground northrend idea is pretty sweet.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, blizzard should consider hiring this guy to work on maps and concept art.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This is the greatest idea for an expansion I've seen from any fan to date. The work you've done is absolutely fantastic, and I would love to see Blizzard implement this, perhaps with some more content so it can go up to 95, though. :P

Excellent work!

10+ Year Old Account
    probably MC,trying to get eye of sulfuras >_>
    wow, you REALLY poured your heat and soul into this, didnt you? unfortunately i would hate to go back to northerend, no matter how much it was changed, but i really think you should work as a blizzard creative developer, you're better than most of theirs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Behold at last, the first zone of Azjol-Nerub!

The Upper Kingdom

The Upper Kingdom is a zone of the Spider Kingdom located beneath the surface of Northrend. The entrance to the underworld region is the Pit of Narjun in western Dragonblight. This portion of the Spider Kingdom was devastated by the Scourge in their war years ago, and still lies in ruin. The fortress of Doorward is one of the few sanctuaries of light against the encroaching darkness of the underworld.

The Spider Kingdom is vast, stretching across several regions. The portion that lies closest to the surface is the Upper Kingdom. This city complex is built into the stone and ice of the underworld, and is thousands of years old. Dark caves give way to nerubian architecture, stretching out far across the underworld and becoming lost in the distance. The Upper Kingdom was ravaged by the Scourge and many portions of it lie is disrepair. The new generation of living nerubians have barely begun to reclaim it, and their allies in Twilight cult have arrived in force to secure it.

Located in the Upper Kingdom is the fortress of Doorward, built by Baelgun Flamebeard and his dwarven explorers. The original expedition has been joined by members of all of Azeroth's races to form a new army, the Warders of the Dark, who have vowed to stand against the evil rising from the depths of the underworld.
    Dungeons! - Doorward Underhalls, Naz'Amun - the Crawling City, and Vault of the Titans
    Raids! - Degaton's Vault
    Cities! - Doorward

Here is a page containing information about all of the Upper Kingdom's regions in detail:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/User:GoldenY...dom_Subregions

A Few Things:
    -Like all Spider Kingdom zones, there is not a set level range for the Upper Kingdom.
    -Upper Kingdom has regions appropriate for level 90, 92, and 93.
    -Completing all of the level 90 content in the Upper Kingdom alone will not be enough to advance to level 91 - you will need to venture into Shadow Web Cavern in order to realistically progress.

Questing areas work like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    This expansion sounds so awesome, too bad it's just a fan one, but you did a really good work on creating this!
    Since I love spiders and have always been interested in nerubians etc. this would be a dream for me.
    It's such a good time to read this and just imagine the epicness. If something similiar like this would appear in WoW in one way or another, then my WoW life should be complete.
    I'm glad it appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    On a sidenote, I L-L-L-LOVE your artwork!!! Your fabolous at drawing! if it IS you :P
    You doubt me?! Spiders, swarm him!

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    BTW Your maps are really awesome, but your artwork is UBERAMAZING, I totally envy you now, in the good way, not in the "i'll murder your eye sockets way" XD
    Well, that's reassuring. Always nice to know there's one more person out there who isn't going to murder me.

The Ghostlands map is really impressive - I thought it was just a simple recolor at first until I compared it closely to the ingame one. That's how authentic it looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    I think you want to make Xarosan, a guy to keep an eye on because he is about to be a bigger player in the Spider Kingdom Expansion.
    All of the Twilight Commanders have a limited interaction with each other in early zones via communication with Velius. The events taking place in 70-80 Northrend relate to the revamped Northrend storyline, which culminates in Icecrown. I might go back and straighten out a few things later (I wrote a scene taking place between Xarosan and Zin'fanel in Dragonblight early on, but I couldn't find a place to post it. Perhaps later).

The quest ideas are good - it's something I'm going to summarize rather than going in depth and writing out each one. Doing that kind of stuff could take me ages - I'd rather forge ahead and do more Spider Kingdom proper content. The general framework is there, and that's what matters to me.

Post-Icecrown events will largely take place in the Spider Kingdom zones, although there will be a few things happening on the surface - phasing would take place in those cases. Xarosan is certainly one to watch out for.

The villain of Grizzly Hills is Amal'thazad - it's got more of a Scourge Remnant storyline going than a Twilight Hammer one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Your fights also sound like a lot of fun - but all of them sound like raidbosses. xD
    Those aren't 5 man (heroic) bosses, those are raid bosses. If some of those fights would be implemented as 5 man bosses, I don't want to see the raidbosses... XD
    I may have gone overboard there, yes. Oh well... better too much going on than not enough, sez I.

Quote Originally Posted by Menemies View Post
    You've done an admirable amount of work here, would love to see more nerubians, although they could leave their scarabs home
    There will be plenty more entries to the bestiary. The worst the nerubian Newbreed has to offer has yet to be seen.

Deleted
    Fantastic update, the amount of work you've put into this really shows and I'm seriously impressed, so, kudos to you

Deleted
    wow, you sure put a lot o effort into this

Blizzard should hire you. As much as i don't want a cataclysm 2.0 that would be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    I book-marked this, so I could come back every now and then for my daily-dose of pure Awesome.
    Right on. If only I was able to update every day - this thing would be done in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    Hmmm...I have a few ideas for dungeons, based in areas like Slithus, Moonglade and the Hinterlands, just to add some variation.
    Those are a little out of the way for Nerubians to be causing trouble. Although if Blizzard isn't going to go ahead with an Ahn'Qiraj remake, I'm a little tempted...

I've tried to make the dungeons distinctive - it won't be all underground nerubian ruins in the vein of the Azjol-Nerub of Ahn'Kahet dungeons from Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This is the greatest idea for an expansion I've seen from any fan to date. The work you've done is absolutely fantastic, and I would love to see Blizzard implement this, perhaps with some more content so it can go up to 95, though. :P
    If Blizzard ever goes through with a Spider Kingdom related update, I'll be interested to see if I managed to anticipate any ideas they have. As far as the amount of content goes, I think I'll have more than enough to tide people over through a leveling experience at least as involved as Cataclysm was (with way more endgame stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by tehhuntard View Post
    wow, you REALLY poured your heat and soul into this, didnt you? unfortunately i would hate to go back to northerend, no matter how much it was changed, but i really think you should work as a blizzard creative developer, you're better than most of theirs...
    A chunk of heart and a smidge of soul, maybe. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I started, certainly. Re.: Northrend, if you're max level, you'd only go there for long enough to get into the underground zones for a brand new leveling experience in a unique environment - you'd only ever see Northrend itself if you were leveling an alt to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Fantastic update, the amount of work you've put into this really shows and I'm seriously impressed, so, kudos to you
    Thanks!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they would ever make an expansion like this, I would quit playing right away. You work is, needless to say, extremely impressive! Keep it up

Wow. That's an incredible amount of work you've done there. Blizzard needs a few more employees like yourself.

Anyway, I really like the idea. Especially the map of Dragonblight with the HUGE gaping hole that players can fly (assuming) through to get to the Spider Kingdom. That's always how I imagined we would enter Deepholm - through a huge hole in the ground that Deathwing created. It would have been amazing... but of course, they took the Maelstrom 'instanced zone' route. Of course, the amount of work otherwise would have been immense. Still cool to think about.

Thanks for providing a nice read!
    "In a world where absolute truth exists but cannot be known, one must live by reason and faith."