Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Character Gender Ratios, Blue Posts, Fan Wallpaper, TCG Artworks

Stats - Character Gender Ratios
    News has been slow and we've been looking at building random stats to keep you interested! We're still working on the juicy stuff but let's start with character gender ratios!

You might think that Female Dwarves are player's least favorite female model, but you would be mistaken! Female Orcs take the lead by a few percent margin in our poll of Level 85 characters.

Race Male Female
    Human 66.48% 33.52%
    Orc 89.34% 10.66%
    Dwarf 86.72% 13.28%
    Night Elf 56.2% 43.8%
    Undead 77.4% 22.6%
    Tauren 85.82% 14.18%
    Gnome 69.43% 30.57%
    Troll 74.24% 25.76%
    Goblin 72.44% 27.56%
    Blood Elf 55.05% 44.95%
    Draenei 47.73% 52.27%
    Worgen 80% 20%

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tier 11 Shoulders and Head for Justice Points
    Sometimes raids don't go our way. Sometimes drops don't go our way. I think anyone who has ever farmed for a mount or a particular piece of gear has had a similar experience and, while not getting a drop can be frustrating, one hopes that delayed gratification adds a little savor when you finally do obtain the object of your desire. Good things really do come to those who wait, or at least, exercise persistence and patience.

I should add that, unlike the olden days, you aren't leaving empty handed from any boss encounter, and you can spend the Valor Points you're obtaining to acquire even more powerful gear. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

We Want Your Comics!
    We’ve spent 8 years adding awesome community comics to our Comics section, but we’re far from finished. We’re looking for the best new World of Warcraft comics to become front page news on our site, and we’d love to have your help, whether you’re a seasoned contributor or a first-time cartoonist. If you’d like to have your comic displayed on our website, submit it here. (Blue Tracker / Official Blog)

API - HTML scraping no longer allowed
    This is important to anyone who is still scraping the new Armory HTML, as it will break anything that relies on doing so.
    Originally Posted by Osundir (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Now that the API is live, we want to make you all aware that HTML datamining (via us.battle.net/wow or any of the other regional wow sites) is not acceptable. Within the next 7 days, we will start to blacklist users that are making excessive requests to our regular community sites.

If you are currently in the process of porting over to the API and have not requested a key yet, please do so. We do not want to interrupt service for community sites that are following that path.

Unless you're making 1000s of requests a day, its unlikely you'll get caught up in this. This is highly unlikely to apply to blue tracker sites (Assuming they are doing it sensibly), or personal guild sites.

New World of Warcraft Fan Wallpaper
    The World of Warcraft Fan Wallpapers section has been updated with a new wallpaper titled "Cataclysm" by Shock.

Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
    The Trading Card game art gallery has been updated with ten new pieces.

NVIDIA Drivers
    A quick note for those of you that keep your drivers up to date. There are some significant bugs in the 280.26 drivers that were recently released, including a bug that makes cards run warm. Avoid upgrading until a fixed driver is released.

Why is that chaud guy posting news instead of me? What the hell is wrong in this world?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Why is that chaud guy posting news instead of me? What the hell is wrong in this world?
    Oh, Boub... You're still the number one news poster to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Chaud on the promotion or...?

Boubouille don't let this get to you, you're still number 1 in our hearts

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gasp, I didn't even realize Chaud posted this. Better watch out Boub!

Considering how much people cry about male blood elves looking girly, I'm REALLY shocked female BEs aren't in the lead.

You finally got an assistant?!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see what you did there

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now, I didn't think people actually played.. human males?

They look horrible in most stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi Belle View Post
    Considering how much people cry about male blood elves looking girly, I'm REALLY shocked female BEs aren't in the lead.
    Its all about the waggle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

The Draenei one doesn't shock me. The Blood Elf one does, as does the Night Elf. I have both a female orc and a female dwarf, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be very slow if we have resorted to stuff like stats to keep us interested. xD

4.3 PTR must be any day now....

Gratz on the promo Chaud.

I always wondered what the point was of showing who posted the news; it's always Boubouille.

I don't trust this list at all much... O.o more males then all females?

I figured there were more male characters than female, but I never would have guessed that the ratio was that skewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything except the Draenei one kinda shocks me.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it... I expected it to be something like 70% female/30%male for Draenei, so it's a shock too.
    Last edited by Melilithia; 2011-08-10 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical, nobody likes the big girls. Also... Who the hell is chaud?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did the stats come from, might I ask?

Oh and grats on the promo Chaud.

Deleted
    Pfft not a real update it's not from Boub!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Typical, nobody likes the big girls. Also... Who the hell is chaud?
    i like the big girls. also who is chaud?