Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriest add ons.

New spriest. Just wondering if there are any must have add ons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    New spriest. Just wondering if there are any must have add ons.

Thanks
    Really you don't need any addons.

but... I recommend that you pick up a DoT timer or use Power Auras as one. That's the best way to keep track of your VT/DP so they don't fall off. You can also use Power Auras to keep you updated on your MB/SWD/Shadowfiend cooldowns as well, and keep an eyeball on your shadow orb stack etc etc..

So.. uh.. get power auras ;p

It's Penguin Heaven, Dave. It's anywhere you want it to be.

A dot timer if you really want one..

Nothing else.

Edit: A keyboard helps, and maybe a mouse, add-ons to your PC

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be contrary a bit. I use TellMeWhen, PowerAuras and ForteXorcist. The last is the only really important one for me as it allows you to track run times for dots on multiple mobs. I use PowerAuras for tracking orbs and warning me when a target is at 25% health and TellMeWhen for everything else.

Most of this is in the UI but with larger monitors and all, I like being able to move things around a bit to make everything easy to see.

I also keep Healbot around and occasionally visible in case I need to toss out a Hymn or PW:S someone. Most spriests don't bother with healing but once in a while, it's helpful to be able to save a wipe by doing something.

Addons are very specific to the user. It's possible to play the game well without them. But if something is helpful to you, you shouldn't worry too much about using one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge fan of Event Horizon.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

-ForteXorcist
    -Powerauras Classic
    -Quartz cast bar

Some very good ones to have.

I would recommend a custom cast bar that shows you Mind Flay ticks. It's not absolutely crucial, but it sure is a big help. And once you use one you won't want to go back to a regular cast bar.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnosis pride here.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I use Event Horizon, and I love it. I find it a lot better than other dot trackers, as it is easier to determine which action to do next.

Also, an addon showing mind flay ticks is very useful, along with the latency. I'm using Quartz, but they are other good ones around.

Gnosis Cast bar. Made by a fellow sPriest and does tick tracking a lot better than Quartz. This allows you to be better at MF1 and MF2 when needed.

Deleted
    Gotta say, ButtonTimers is the sheeeeeit.

Gnosis for castbar, Satrina Buff Frames for proc tracking.

Deleted
    gnosis for castbar

tellmewhen for everything else: dots, procs, buffs, debuffs... whatever

http://youtu.be/ePnqZ2-Glhc Here you got my UI if you want to see how it looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grown to love Shadowtimers.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Grown to love Shadowtimers.
    THIS!!!!

Also, Quartz (castbar) and ForteXorcist (Dot-tracker and ICD timer for procs like DMC:V, Lightweave and Power Torrent)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are really serious about making the most out of your dps, then consider getting...
    -something that will track when Mind FLay ticks are for clipping purposes
    -and something that will show latency in your castbar so you know (even more accuratly) when dots are going to tick

gnosis is nice, there are others that may feel more comfortable, try some out

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for something that simply works, I highly recommend MFClip.

It's designed to cater exactly for Spriests and their DoT tracking, so it works out of the box without any fuss, and is one of the better tracking addons about as of now. I'd recommend using TidyPlates and the Quatre theme for multi-DoT tracking, it creates icons above enemy nameplates displaying the durations of your debuffs on them, extremely useful for maintaining multiple sets of DoTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xperl and OmniCC is all you need.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Xperl and OmniCC is all you need.
    Man, this answer is 6-7 years old. There are lots of better tools or addons now... OmniCC is great but... Xperl??????

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    MFClip is sooooo good. Only one you need apart from standard fare like unit frames and action bars. Tukui + MFClip and you're all set.
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.