Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    You have to realise, when you come to a forum with computer enthusiasts, always working to get the most out of their money, with some ridicilously expensive built that could be a lot better, people react.
    We have nothing against macs, believe me, I fucking LOVE Unix and unix-based OSes.
    (Now let's all be friends!)
    Yeah, and thats why I apologized for not noticing this at first. All I saw was "Post your gaming setup" and thought - "Hey, I don't mind contributing mine".
    I have no idea what Unix is, but lets be friends =)

Quote Originally Posted by v6Max View Post
    I have the same, yes it will last 3-5 years - just tell me you did not buy the RAM from Apple did you?

I run Logic on it as well - performance is very impressive streaming multiple audio files, video, loads of software instruments blah blah..
    No, I bought the extra ram myself and only went with the standard 4GB Ram from Apple. What is Logic? - I cant wait to power it up. I have so many movie projects and various other stuff I wanna dig into before the summer-holidays are over =)

Ps. How is wow and other games running on it? In case you still use it for gaming etc.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Logic is Apple's audio recording/sequencing software and good news on the RAM lol.
    This one girl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I don't know how to create thumbnails

Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0
    Processor: Intel Core i7 970 6 Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ
    Video Processor: ASUS GeForce GTX 590 612MHZ 3GB 3420MHZ GDDR5
    Memory: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600

Last edited by Mylaa; 2011-08-11 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Depends on what kind of heatsink you have. If it's the stock Intel one (or something similar) a bead in the middle is fine. If it has a square contact area (i.e. most aftermarket heatsinks, Noctua NH-D14 for example) I think a line is the best way... and if your cooler is heatpipe direct touch (i.e. Cooler Master Hyper 212+) it's best to put rice grain sized pieces on the parts of the heatsink base between the heatpipes.

...and when I took calculus in college, we weren't allowed to use calculators (I had a TI 89 in high school though, you can use it to solve basic algebra equations... made my Pre-calculus class I took my senior year very easy )

Yes. The mouse.

I have the Hyper 212+

And I wish my desk was as clean LOL I have crap all over it T.T
    Last edited by Orkela; 2011-08-11 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    Just got my all new setup finished this week after waiting 3 weeks for my GPU to arrive. Got quite expensive in the end but I wanted something to really last me for a while and I sold my old setup to my little sister who's starting studies so that covered part of the costs nicely.

Specs:
    Case: Antec 902 V3
    CPU: I5-2500k
    CPU Cooler: Corsair A50
    GPU: MSI GTX 580 twin frozr II
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz
    Mobo: Asus p8p67-Pro
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    SDD: Corsair Force 115GB
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1,5TB+several HDD's from old comp
    Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (Hasn't arrived yet so missing from pic)
    Screen: Acer S232HLABID
    Keyboard: Razer arctosa
    Mouse: Logitech MX518

My gaming corner

A closeup

The insides

I'm more than happy with the end result. Only fault I can name is that that case with 4 HDD's and whatnot just weights a ton so it's far cry from being mobile.
    Last edited by mmoc15057a221f; 2011-08-11 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Case: NZXT Phantom CPU: I7-2600k OC to 4.6 GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: 2 * Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 in crossfire Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z PSU: Corsair 1000 Watts SDD: OCZ 120GB (Very sorry bout this purchase, having problems with it, thus going to replace it asap.) HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB Screen: two IIYAMA E2473HDS-B1 HDMI Full HD 24 inch Keyboard: Logitech G19 Mouse: Razer Naga SSD is in need of replacement, after that I'll probably be installing an actual soundcard and possibly upgrade to Ivy bridge once they come out (and if they're actually compatible with older 1155 Mobos)

Quote Originally Posted by Mylaa View Post
    Since I don't know how to create thumbnails

Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0
    Processor: Intel Core i7 970 6 Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ
    Video Processor: ASUS GeForce GTX 590 612MHZ 3GB 3420MHZ GDDR5
    Memory: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600

Looks very clean, nice setup!

15+ Year Old Account
    Some pretty sweet builds in here! I will have to get mine posted!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    Looks very clean, nice setup!
    Thanks! :3

Deleted
    my new rig, not the best, but it runs everything at max graphics with playable FPS.

specs:

Intel i5 2500k processor @ 3.9ghz
    2x4gb Gskill 1600mhz RAM
    MSI R6870 Hawk (with twin frozr III cooler) @ 1000mhz gpu clock and 5000mhz memory clock
    5.1 sound card
    Coolermaster Centurion 5 Special Edition for the case.

that's the basic specs, still using stock CPU cooler unfortunately. gonna either upgrade to the hyper 12 next week or wait a little longer for a noctua (if it fits inside the case)

no idea why it's the wrong way, the image is shown as the correct way on other image sites and my pc, so yeah... :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, almost page 100.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post

no idea why it's the wrong way, the image is shown as the correct way on other image sites and my pc, so yeah... :S
    very nice, alltho its true that the stock cooler makes baby jesus cry in a rig like that :d

Speaking of coolers, think I'll be ordering the H100 and some extra fans late today or tomorrow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    very nice, alltho its true that the stock cooler makes baby jesus cry in a rig like that :d
    tell me about it! literally only had enough spare money to buy what is there though, so it was either wait for a new cooler, or wait for a pc altogether, which wasn't an option considering i upgraded from 2gb RAM with dual core cpu @2ghz and some crappy radeon graphics. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Speaking of coolers, think I'll be ordering the H100 and some extra fans late today or tomorrow...
    Heh, I can imagine it'll work pretty well with your TTL10.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    tell me about it! literally only had enough spare money to buy what is there though, so it was either wait for a new cooler, or wait for a pc altogether, which wasn't an option considering i upgraded from 2gb RAM with dual core cpu @2ghz and some crappy radeon graphics. :P
    must've been a sick improvement when u get ur new cooler u can easily OC to 4.6 and even higher if you have the tinyest bit of experience, be ready for yet another sick performance boost

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Heh, I can imagine it'll work pretty well with your TTL10.
    Hehe. Well, size-wise it isn't a problem. Can do push/pull from the getgo. Think I'll set it in under the 200mm top exhaust fan.

So excited!!! Booted up for the first time today on my first build, the 1k one from sweet spot. Booted with no issues other than plugging a case fan into a wrong fan port on the mobo (easy fix). I will post pictures once Windows 7 is done installing and I have the case all closed up and the desk actually setup the way I want it. TY so much for all the help!!

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 02:31 PM ----------

One last question, I am on my new pc now but how do i know which version of the drivers i have installed for my motherboard. I used the cd obviouslyt to setup the initial drivers, but is there a way to cheack which version of the drivers were installed and if I need to install the newest drivers and stuff. Its the motherboard from the 1.5k build on the sweet spot thread.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted

Yeah yeah I know, cable management.
    I was about to break off the CPU cooler because it made installing all other components complete hell, so after that I didn't feel like managing the cables just yet, that'll be for within a few days.

Specs:

ASUS M4N68T-M µATX

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4GHz
    Scythe Mine 2

2 x 4GB GEIL 1333 MHz

XFX 6950 2GB Non-reference @ 900/1300 stock voltage

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7K RPM 3.5"
    Western Digital Scorpio 250GB 5K RPM 2.5"

Corsair TX 650

Cooler Master case (I don't know the exact model number, some cheap case, going to be replaced by a NZXT Phantom or the likes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post

Yeah yeah I know, cable management.
    I was about to break off the CPU cooler because it made installing all other components complete hell, so after that I didn't feel like managing the cables just yet, that'll be for within a few days.

Specs:

ASUS M4N68T-M µATX

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4GHz
    Scythe Mine 2

2 x 4GB GEIL 1333 MHz

XFX 6950 2GB Non-reference @ 900/1300 stock voltage

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7K RPM 3.5"
    Western Digital Scorpio 250GB 5K RPM 2.5"

Corsair TX 650

Cooler Master case (I don't know the exact model number, some cheap case, going to be replaced by a NZXT Phantom or the likes)
    So... bright. T_T