Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dragonwrath Questions Answered, Blue Posts, Fan Art

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest by Siiz (US-Senjin / Premonition)
    Siiz from Premonition recently acquired Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest and answered some more questions about it on the Official forums. The short version version being that the proc acts just like you are casting a copy of the spell again. You can see a quick World of Logs test here.

• When a direct damage spell causes a proc, the same spell is cast again instantly with no travel time.
    • The direct damage proc can crit, hit, or miss, just like casting a normal spell.
    • When a DoT spell causes a proc, the Wrath of Tarecgosa spell is cast instantly, matching the DoT spell's damage.
    • The proc consumes buffs like Fingers of Frost, just like manually casting the same spell again would.
    • The proc also causes buffs, such as when a proc occurs from Arcane Blast.
    • Spells that are not direct damage or DoT will not cause a proc. (e.g. Frostfire Orb)
    • A proc from a proc hasn't occurred yet.

Siiz explained how he got the staff so quickly on his guild's forum.

From the Premonition Forums:
    To anyone who said I exploited, I didn't and never would. Let me explain how it went down.

I finished my eternal embers part the week we got 6/7 HM (the reset of July 5th) so I started my branch quest the next week (the week of July 12). People didn't realize you could get the portal quest items from normal mode and not have to kill the bosses so in the end we got all the quest items from normal mode bosses and killed the legendary boss. After we killed the legendary boss we cleared 6/7 hardmodes on the week of July 12th (the same reset we did portal quest). Each 25M heroic boss drops 50?-64? cinders with normal rag at the time dropping~55ish?

I collected all my cinders and got the runestaff about halfway through the raid week of the 26th, leaving about 2-3? bosses up that week for me to collect souls from. Heroic 25M bosses give 17-19 souls per boss. So even if I got the worst luck in the world at 17 a boss I still would have made it in 2 1/2 weeks.

I collected souls from those 2-3 bosses + the next two full weeks to get it.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    T11 JP shoulders and helm - some clarity
    We've offered players who don't raid a reasonable way to gear up, and achieve high levels of power. The JP/VP system makes a lot of sense to us, and gives everyone a pretty good personal progression track in addition to loot drops, and we feel pretty good about the system as it stands. That doesn't necessarily mean that we think that full sets are a necessary part of that picture, though.

We still want to preserve some of the most prestigious PvE loot for players who face down raid content (even if it's a tier behind), and we feel that completing a tier set means that a raid needs to fit in there somewhere. That design makes sense to us, and we want to preserve some of the reward for facing down those bad guys. We re-adjusted those instances specifically to encourage players to go experience them, and we want to leave some incentives in there for players who check those raids out.

[...] We want rewards to retain at least some meaning, because when they don't, all the aspects of play start to blend together. Greater challenges should offer greater rewards, but how do you accomplish that if you also allow lesser challenges to provide all the same rewards, across the board? That's been a long-standing challenge, I think, and the JP/VP system is the compromise answer to it. Please recall that at one time if you wanted purps then you went into a raid, period. We've come a long, long way since then. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

15 Man Raids!
    I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

45 Minute Dungeon Queue Times (MMO-Champion Note: Hinting to Scenarios?)
    We'd like to keep the traditional setting of 5-player dungeons as 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 DPS. The idea of just adding in NPCs to fill lacking roles is truly not a simple one, nor a route we'd want to take. Not only would this take a lot of design time for a less-than-desirable fix, it'd stand at odds with our philosophy on dungeons for small groups.

That said, you do raise some good points about offering challenging, rewarding content to players which doesn't rely solely on players waiting for a specific class role which is in high demand across the boards. In our minds, there's potentially something missing between daily quests and dungeons, from a content/progression perspective. To that end, we're exploring some options for the future. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Limited Number of Characters
    It has always been a matter of efficiency in data service. Much like the fabrication of a commercial airplane, the design of the server side of a service like World of Warcraft affects what can be provided to the players for as long as that service is being used.

With an airplane, you can conceivably add more seats inside. You can squeeze more people in there, to a point. But you can't (easily) expand the hull to make room for more seats. Over the long run, if the airline wants to accommodate more people, they add more planes to the route, or replace an existing plane with a larger plane that has room for more seats.

This request - which is heard loud and clear, by the way - is like asking the airline to simultaneously increase the number of passengers that can be carried on every plane in their fleet. Can it be done? Absolutely. It may be something that we are able to do, and soon. It may not be, because providing reliable data service is extremely important to us. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Lower level PvP Concerns
    We are not deaf to the concerns raised about low-level PvP. We feel it needs some attention too. We don't necessarily feel that it's all just "a heirloom issue," but more to do with time investments reaping rewards that give too great an advantage. While we do agree that low-level PvP isn't in an ideal state and has needed further consideration, our focus has remained where the players are: max-level PvP.

We don't intend to throw oil on the flame by such a comment and this doesn't mean we're completely ignorant of niche playstyles, just that we focus our efforts on where it'll have the greatest effect. What's the answer? We do hear the feedback. When we have looked at the issue, it has simply just seemed too difficult – too tricky – to resolve in a way that we're happy with.

We currently believe resolving it will require much time and effort. But we acknowledge things aren't as great for low-level PvP as they could be and we do have a desire to pay attention to it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Warcraft Fan Art
    The Blizzard Fan Art Section has been updated with five new pieces of fan artwork set within the Warcraft universe.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i never understood why people said he exploited
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    i never understood why people said he exploited
    They're just jealous.

To sum up the low-level PvP post: We don't really care and don't plan on working on it. We screwed over twinks who worked for their gear, but then implemented heirlooms which require no work and ensure victory against players without them, though this seems fair and we don't plan on tweaking them at all. Deal with it.
    Last edited by xSaix; 2011-08-13 at 03:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xSaix View Post
    To sum up the low-level PvP post: We don't really care and don't plan on working on it. We screwed over twinks, but then implemented heirlooms which require no work, but don't plan on removing or tweaking them. Deal with it.
    Man, you're terrible at reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really love a video of him using the staff. Can anyone PM me such video if it exists? Please? Or just put it up on the front page, because I bet everyone wants to see it in action.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wheres boub?

I'm not sure I'm happy with how Wrath of Tarecgosa consumes procs, and does stuff like adding AB stacks. Could really screw you over if you have another spell queued up (which you most likely will).

To sum up the low-level PvP post: We don't really care and don't plan on working on it. We screwed over twinks who worked for their gear, but then implemented heirlooms which require no work and ensure victory against players without them, though this seems fair and we don't plan on tweaking them at all. Deal with it.
    I would rather have balance issues which are potentially going to be resolved in the future instead of way overgeared players who are there to gank and win through superior gear and brute force rather than being there to just play.
    Twinks brought it upon themselves, so grow up and get over it.

10+ Year Old Account

What?

Require no work? Farming Battlegrounds or Dungeons isn't work? Thanks for the update bro, didn't know I could just stare at my laptop and have them done for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if Siiz hasn't really exploited it, it did seem rather odd to have a bug fix for the ''Siphon Essence'' part of the Runestaff on the same day as he got the staff. I guess it just ends up with luck on the Seething Cinders part. If he only had 1 boss left in the raid week of the 26th, after Cinders, he'd end up with 247 essences (when obtaining 19 essences every time, off all 6 bosses) during this raid week.

But congrats to him nonetheless, wish I was that close to the legendary staff

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 man raids sounds nice

10+ Year Old Account
    People didn't realize you could get the portal quest items from normal mode and not have to kill the bosses so in the end we got all the quest items from normal mode bosses and killed the legendary boss.
    O_o They didn't? We did this for our first two branches. We didn't bother for the third (and probably won't in the future either) since the second is still collecting cinders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats again Siiz, and thanks for the info.

Loving the artworks put up.

As for the pvp issue, players are asking Blizz to balance it... what, by putting heirloom players in their own bracket? Increasing queue times? Leaving heirloom players with seemingly never-ending queue times? Instead of whining about it, you could be farming your own heirlooms, and twinking out your own characters.

Kinda not happy with the raid tier issue, but... I can try and work with it. If I can find a PUG...

15-man sounds interesting... so does adding more character slots. Do want!
    Last edited by Melilithia; 2011-08-13 at 03:30 AM.

It's awesome to know that Blizzard may be working on increasing the character limit Having 10 85s atm, it would be horrible if another race/class came out and I had to delete a character if I wanted to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wheres boub?
    I have a secret fear brewing in my mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Wait, so you're telling me that if I cast an ice lance with 1 FoF charge and it duplicates it WON'T crit with shatter because I didn't have another charge? That would make it terrible for frost PvE if so. Any spell that would be cast with one charge would do nothing relatively speaking.

Low level PvP has other problems other then Heirlooms. The fact is, some class abilities hit way too hard: Hunters - Aimed Shot Rogues - Ambush Paladins - Avenger's Shield Between them they'll one shot anyone not in heirlooms, and have heirloom characters on their knees with the next attack or two. Oh, and Discipline Priests are unkillable.

Looks like a working staff. All these cryers who doesn't have it and almost done with it just go have a wank ingame and wait for it. Cba to mention those who are just jealous shit's.

Quote Originally Posted by JoniP View Post
    Looks like a working staff. All these cryers who doesn't have it and almost done with it just go have a wank ingame and wait for it. Cba to mention those who are just jealous shit's.
    wait 3 or 4 patches later, it will be garbage and will be replaced, but hey it's cool to keep in collection ;D