Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Now that preview makes me really curious.

Spoiler: Could Mr. Braun be FB? He was in that trailer quite a bit, and his daughter.
    Spoiler: He is.

FAIRY TAIL!!! NUFF SAID best anime ive been for a long time.

You know, I told myself I'd stop watching series outside of my interests unless I had reason to do so but it seems like Clannad has received nothing but praise. I started Nana which some people recommended but I lost interest within a few episodes and just dropped it. For those who have perhaps seen both, if Nana didn't grab me would Clannad also be a miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    You know, I told myself I'd stop watching series outside of my interests unless I had reason to do so but it seems like Clannad has received nothing but praise. I started Nana which some people recommended but I lost interest within a few episodes and just dropped it. For those who have perhaps seen both, if Nana didn't grab me would Clannad also be a miss?
    I just didn't like nana but omg I am watching clannad the movie right now after watching every single episode in 2 days if you watch one you will watch them all the last episode in season one is a alternate reality and episodes 23 and 24 are supposed to be the last two but got put before episode 25 so watch 22 than 25 in clannad after story than 23 and 24 since those are alternate reality episodes. I cannot stress this enough clannad is a masterpiece I absolutely loved everything about it. If you have any problems with the ending send me a message it is a bit confusing watching it in the engilsh dub since some of the words got mixed up at the end but the english dub is awesome. Also both seasons are on netflix right now so GO WATCH IT!

Edit: Clannad kind of picks up slow but once you hit episode 8 I think thats where it really takes off. Though 1-7 are still good I just liked it much more when episode 8 started. While watching the second season have a box of tissues ready.

Edit2: Clannad the movie is different from the series but the whole reason the anime was made was because of a Japanese type sim game so there were many alternate endings in the game they chose to show a few of those in 1 or 2 episodes at the end of each season but stick with 2 main characters through out the rest.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-08-13 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I cannot stress this enough clannad is a masterpiece I absolutely loved everything about it.
    Well, that's at least an interesting statement to me. I only bestow that praise on a single anime series myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    Its not that im a non-crier i actually was wondered it didnt get me to but dunno i guess it was a mix of how the events were introduced and my tear glands being dried from watching After Story.
    may check Nekogami then... by the way in case someone cares or need a reference this is are my references for ongoing season

>Dropped:

Uta no prince-sama
    Sacred seven

>Watching:
    steins;gate
    mawaru penguindrum
    Usagi Drop
    Kami-sama dolls
    Kami-sama no memo-chou
    ro-kyu-bu
    mayo chiki
    yuru Yuri
    blood-c
    dantalian no shoka

>Will watch (waititng till its finished to marathon / Waiting till Uncensored)
    Nurarihyon no mago S2
    Natsume no yuujin-chou S3
    Itsuko tenma no kuro usagi
    R-16
    No 6
    Yes! Someone else watching Yuru Yuri and Mayo Chiki! I though I was the only one. I am disappointed Nichijou is not on your list. Hoping it is just an over site. Also, how is Blood-C? I watched the first couple of episodes and nothing happened so I dropped it. I read it was really slow moving so I am wondering if it ever picked up. I think it is only set for 13 episodes so I hope they got some kind of plot going by now.

Clannad, while amazing, is still a romance/comedy/drama/slice of life series. If that is not your thing, you will probably not like it. Esp. at the beginning it feels like a pretty typical romance/comedy series. It is based off of a dating sim after all. That said, it has some serious heart. After Story in particular is a roller coaster of emotions.

Well, that's at least an interesting statement to me. I only bestow that praise on a single anime series myself.
    Its a work of genius in my opinion it was so easy to fall in love with all the characters and this is an anime that I will sincerely cherish all my life. Not only is it a great show it shows and teaches many very important things in life like never giving up when things get rough . I know this will sound cheesy but this actually taught me quite a few things about adulthood. It was so good immediately after finishing it I bought about 200 dollars in box sets/lithographs. I want to buy the game but it only works on Japanese computers.

w-w-whaaaaat? i mean really? after all the praise and glory most of us have given to Clannad since i've been around and probably before and you just got enough votes to consider watching it?

I didnt know you havent seen it i thought that as one of the masterpieces it is most of the people here had watch or will watch it after spending here a couple of days...

Weaaboo mode:
    Neichus no baka! baka baka baka !

Yes! Someone else watching Yuru Yuri and Mayo Chiki! I though I was the only one. I am disappointed Nichijou is not on your list. Hoping it is just an over site. Also, how is Blood-C? I watched the first couple of episodes and nothing happened so I dropped it. I read it was really slow moving so I am wondering if it ever picked up. I think it is only set for 13 episodes so I hope they got some kind of plot going by now
    Dunno about nichijou maybe I was too tired/sleepy when I saw the first episode but the second scene with the talking cat the robot girl and the girls scientist got me out of there running it was just too cute/moe and silly for me but since Ive seen hordes of ppl praising it i decided to put it on hold on for a second chance.

as for Blood-C well yeah it has a fuckin sloooooow start right now at ep5 its just pickin up i kinda had to push myself throught it under the premise of beinng the Blood franchise and well... Clamp but yeah the first episodes can be summed to slice of life during the day, blood-c during the night with 3 seconds of plot by the end of the fight... also misterious characters sighting over the protagonist as in any Clamp show.... but i dont know if i will be able to endure another minute of saya singing it just makes want to choke myself with a sock
    Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-13 at 03:13 AM.

can someone put a link of Clannad for me. i would love to watch somthing other then fairy tail.

w-w-whaaaaat? i mean really? after all the praise and glory most of us have given to Clannad since i've been around and probably before and you just got enough votes to consider watching it?

I didnt know you havent seen it i thought that as one of the masterpieces it is most of the people here had watch or will watch it after spending here a couple of days...

Weaaboo mode:
    I actually really just got into anime myself and this is my third or fourth romance one. I was blown away with it and am even considering taking courses of animation and story telling in college. I don't want to read every post but are there any animies like Clannad with likeable characters etc? Really the only two animes in that category I have watched is Clannad and Shuffle! Really want to try some more out.

Btws over the past 4 months I have been getting into animes I have boughten 7 box sets. And much more artwork. I think I have found something I truly enjoy besides WoW!

Clannad and clannad after story are both on netflix right now if you do not have that http://dubhappy.com/clannad-episode-1-english-dub/ is the first episode I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

The movie clannad is a really quick version of season one and two that doesn't go with the same facts as the show so unless you love clannad you don't need to watch the movie since you have basically watched it. Plus it only centers around 3 of the characters and doesn't even really show my two favorite kyou and katanomi.

Edit: Got done with the movie and yea don't watch it if you watched the series. It really was not all that I would have much rather seen an alternate universe where he dated someone else.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-08-13 at 03:35 AM.

I actually really just got into anime myself and this is my third or fourth romance one. I was blown away with it and am even considering taking courses of animation and story telling in college. I don't want to read every post but are there any animies like Clannad with likeable characters etc? Really the only two animes in that category I have watched is Clannad and Shuffle! Really want to try some more out.

Btws over the past 4 months I have been getting into animes I have boughten 7 box sets. And much more artwork. I think I have found something I truly enjoy besides WoW!

Clannad and clannad after story are both on netflix right now if you do not have that http://dubhappy.com/clannad-episode-1-english-dub/ is the first episode I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

The movie clannad is a really quick version of season one and two that doesn't go with the same facts as the show so unless you love clannad you don't need to watch the movie since you have basically watched it. Plus it only centers around 3 of the characters and doesn't even really show my two favorite kyou and katanomi.

Edit: Got done with the movie and yea don't watch it if you watched the series. It really was not all that I would have much rather seen an alternate universe where he dated someone else.
    Kannon its from the same company its not as good as Clannad but still very good. Air was the first but ughh even its really good and enjoyable, the ending its humm i dont know.... shitty? so watch it at your own risk but yeah Kannon should work for you also for romance well Kimi ni todoke its pretty heartwarming and with some tears here and there for full romance and comedy check Kare kano... and as another drama/romance MASTERPIECE however you wanna tag it check Spice & Wolf

i was checking for an /a/ reccomendation .jpg i saw the other day but cant find it so instead ill leave this yuru yuri fun for ya!

Weaaboo mode:
    Well, it's as Skizzit said: I'm not usually much one for the genre. As I've tried to emphasize it's not that I dislike them strongly, but more that they fail to connect with me. My primary drive and joy in life is understanding; I don't care about wealth, dream of popularity, or indulge much in romantics. This motive has been obvious in this thread as I don't just watch series but instead process them, take them apart, and to attempt to comprehend them in their entirety. Now compare this to your average drama/romance/slice-of-life: my personality profile is a world apart from most of the portrayed characters. I feel like I'm watching an anthropology documentary rather than an emotionally touching tale. A series gets an extra negative reaction from me if it tries to manipulate my feelings when I don't think it is justified (this accounts for why I was so vitriolic toward Bakamonogatari).

This doesn't mean I loath drama in its entirety. Karloz1337 brought up Spice and Wolf, and I thought that was a great series; even if I'm certainly no merchant I could understand and respect Lawrence a lot more than the emotionally volatile mid-teens that populate most of the genre. I also tend to classify Gunslinger Girl as a drama rather than action and as I've said on multiple occasions ((1), (2), (3)) I consider it the most powerful and profound anime series I've ever seen.

So that's why I hadn't seen Clannad. I can appreciate good work if it's outside of my normal range of interests, it's just taken me some time to build up enough curiosity for a series that seems solidly in the middle of "enemy territory."
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-13 at 05:22 AM.

Well, it's as Skizzit said: I'm not usually much one for the genre. As I've tried to emphasize it's not that I dislike them strongly, but more that they fail to connect with me. My primary drive and joy in life is understanding; I don't care about wealth, dream of popularity, or indulge much in romantics. This motive has been obvious in this thread as I don't just watch series but instead process them, take them apart, and to attempt to comprehend them in their entirety. Now compare this to your average drama/romance/slice-of-life: my personality profile is a world apart from most of the portrayed characters. I feel like I'm watching an anthropology documentary rather than an emotionally touching tale. A series gets an extra negative reaction from me if it tries to manipulate my feelings when I don't think it is justified (this accounts for why I was so vitriolic toward Bakamonogatari).

This doesn't mean I loath drama in its entirety. Karloz1337 brought up Spice and Wolf, and I thought that was a great series; even if I'm certainly no merchant I could understand and respect Lawrence a lot more than the emotionally volatile mid-teens that populate most of the genre. I also tend to classify Gunslinger Girl as a drama rather than action and as I've said on multiple occasions ((1), (2), (3)) I consider it the most powerful and profound anime series I've ever seen.

So that's why I hadn't seen Clannad. I can appreciate good work if it's outside of my normal range of interests, it's just taken me some time to build up enough curiosity for a series that seems solidly in the middle of "enemy territory."
    You are just thinking too much =D happily i learnt how to "put a crayon in my brain" and believe me it makes some things waaaay easier to enjoy.

You are just thinking too much =D happily i learnt how to "put a crayon in my brain" and believe me it makes some things waaaay easier to enjoy.
    Well, thinking too much is my specialty. I don't mind there being a price to it.

Just finished episode 8 of The Legend of Legendary Heroes. Once again I find myself less interested in the main character than in the shadier supporting ones (although Ryner was entertaining to watch in jail). I like where they're taking the Sion and his devil's pact with Miran Froaude in particular. Could stand to be coated a little less thickly with anti-war statements/sentiments, but thus far definitely appears to be a series I'll take to completion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    /hangs head in shame

/heads off to find it.

I have to admit, Ikkitousen after a while just got to the point of me wondering why they ever drew clothes on them in the first place and everything shot from the crotch angle got annoying quick. But I get into the storys. I've had to wipe away a tear or two in a few of them. I'm a sucker for happy endings.

When I finished Toradora the wife laughed at me cause I was sniffling over a cartoon.

Your wife just doesn;t get it then.

Oh and try Zero no Tsukaima and Tenchi Muyo GXP oh also Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, Vandread for some action and fanservice Oh right and for nigh absolute fanservice and awesome action try Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou or as the english release calls it Demon King Daimou oh right and Gravion and Goddannar

as for pure fanservice try

Girls Bravo and Dears

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou, Gravion, Goddannar and Girls Bravo should be PERFECFT for you while the others may not be perfect but should be close enough to have you really enjoying them.
    EDIT forgot to add Kurogane no Linebarrel or Linebarrels of Iron trust me you'll love it fanservice and fighting. Oh and at one point the main character can't summon his mech due to nosebleeds you can guess why. Oh and go for the official release if ya can it;s uncensored after all.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 10:48 AM ----------

I started watching that last night. Only made it an episode or two in. But It looks good so far.

Edit: Scratch that. I guess it was something called Hayate no Gotoku that I started watching last night. But I got Clannad bookmarked. I'll get to it.
    Yeah Hayate is great stuff. Marathoned the manga this week and am now completely caught up can't wait for more.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Too many pages to read through them all, but the main lists I saw on the first pages did not have Akira. That movie still has some of the best animation and graphics of any anime I have ever seen. It is actually quite old too. Akira was released in 1988. It is a futuristic movie with themes of revolution at first, but quickly gets overshadowed by the events that take place with the main characters.
    You mean what is IMO one of the most overrated anime ever made? Seriously man i've seen it and it's just overrated. Oh and try the manga supposed to be MUCH better still need to read that myself.

Oh and has probably been said the OP just lists his PERSONAL favs don't take it too seriously.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post

i would like SEED if they hadnt screwed up on alot of parts. Only thing i like in SEED is SEED Astray. AND I WISH THEY MAKE MORE FMP Anime!!!

To me the only real prob with seed is that they tagged it with gundam. As a general mecha series it;s quite good in fact very good if not great but as a gundam series it had too much of a legacy to live up to. Oh and i own that game. Bonat-Kun FTW. Also i do agree on the FMP front as well.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    seen all of those sept gantz and dmw..but ivv read up to the current dmw manga which is 100% more gory then the anime fun times!

umm i wasnt really into the samurai one...but thats prolly me being biased because dragon destiny made me think anything to do with all those samurai generals etc is crap..lol guess ill just fly through some pages on this thread i remmeber seeing some prty decent trailers down the road
    Give this one a try. It's based on a game that spoofs the dynasty warrior games and basically says "Fuck you realism this genre is over the top and we will make it even more so" so yeah give it a shot man you may like it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:07 AM ----------

I didn't really get too broken up on that one either. I watched up to episode 11 yesterday, then raid started, finished 12 and 13 after raid. I guess because I broke it up there at the end I wasn't as into it when I went back to watch the ending. But it wasn't really that sad of an ending, more of a happy ending you might cry through depending on who you related to the most.

Started watching Shakugan No Shana today. Seems interesting enough so far.
    It is though season 2 has some low points but overall it's a great series. Season 3 is coming out this fall though you may want to watch the OVAs between season 2 and 3 since they're supposed to fill in some gaps and corrections to make season 3 viable. Reminds me WHERE IS ZNT SEASON 4.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:10 AM ----------

Its a work of genius in my opinion it was so easy to fall in love with all the characters and this is an anime that I will sincerely cherish all my life. Not only is it a great show it shows and teaches many very important things in life like never giving up when things get rough . I know this will sound cheesy but this actually taught me quite a few things about adulthood. It was so good immediately after finishing it I bought about 200 dollars in box sets/lithographs. I want to buy the game but it only works on Japanese computers.
    Welcome to my world. Why do you think i watch anime? It's messages and lessons(depending on series) can apply quite well to life and even challenge ones own views and beliefs. Thus triggering emotional/psychological growth. Though i'm guessing this doesn't apply to everyone.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:13 AM ----------

They're both based off of VN games and if ir ecall right both are made by key(not sure and not in a mood to double check) so yeah they would be similar.

Oh and i have yet to see clannad myself just havn't been in the mood for a series guaranteed to make ya cry for over a year now. I had some stuff happen that messed me up for a bit IRL so while i'm doing better these days i am for now avoiding depressing shows.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:18 AM ----------

Well, it's as Skizzit said: I'm not usually much one for the genre. As I've tried to emphasize it's not that I dislike them strongly, but more that they fail to connect with me. My primary drive and joy in life is understanding; I don't care about wealth, dream of popularity, or indulge much in romantics. This motive has been obvious in this thread as I don't just watch series but instead process them, take them apart, and to attempt to comprehend them in their entirety.
    Tell me about it. Though as said above that has currently taken a backburner to some RL issues i'm dealing with. Going through an existential crisis mixed with depression and a panic disorder will do that LOL. But yeah i do the same. Though for me ANY series i've found can offer some form of data for use. Hell their have been series i've pushed through but by the end actually offered something of merit so i make it a point to see as much as i can cause you never know what will have useful data. Hell my only reason for money is to acquire more anime,games and manga. Thus why i watch a variety of shows. Though when down i prefer to watch Slice of Life and more fanservicey things. But yeah i nderstand and agree completely.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:21 AM ----------

Some people can't do that though just not i our nature. Hell i WISH i could do that but i can't. Well not unless i'm completely exhausted and even then well not necessarily. Though i also auto process so i can just watch a show and then just sleep and wake up with it fully processed same for RL issues just takes time with those.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-08-13 at 11:32 AM.

Even though it is sad it is still heartwarming. If you can't handle the sadness just watch the first season for now its really not that sad maybe one part but that's just because it is a happy kind of sadness. Clannad After Story is where it gets sad and if you are having irl difficulties I don't recommend watching just yet. Give season one a go for me I know you will enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though it is sad it is still heartwarming. If you can't handle the sadness just watch the first season for now its really not that sad maybe one part but that's just because it is a happy kind of sadness. Clannad After Story is where it gets sad and if you are having irl difficulties I don't recommend watching just yet. Give season one a go for me I know you will enjoy it.
    Lol don't get me wrong here I mean I read NTR hentai and think Bokurano is one of the best things out there just that for the time being it's on hold. Truth is sad or depressing things don't even tend to make me cry takes something EXTREMELY beautiful to do that. Oh and of course I know what happen death and all that just not emotionally stable enough yet if I'm right. And since my sisters visit I've wound up becoming even more messed up(she has that effect what with constant criticism and pushing her lifestyle onto others) so probably gonna be a few more months before I see it. Well that amd I watch what the mood strikes me for and with being prone to depression without it means it's not time yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Lol don't get me wrong here I mean I read NTR hentai and think Bokurano is one of the best things out there just that for the time being it's on hold. Truth is sad or depressing things don't even tend to make me cry takes something EXTREMELY beautiful to do that. Oh and of course I know what happen death and all that just not emotionally stable enough yet if I'm right. And since my sisters visit I've wound up becoming even more messed up(she has that effect what with constant criticism and pushing her lifestyle onto others) so probably gonna be a few more months before I see it. Well that amd I watch what the mood strikes me for and with being prone to depression without it means it's not time yet.
    *snip*
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about Bokura ga Ita, saw Bokurano and my head rushed to conclusions that it was spelt Bokura ga Ita.

Has anyone actually seen Bokura ga Ita?
    Last edited by mmocedd0d67e0c; 2011-08-13 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Reminds me WHERE IS ZNT SEASON 4.
    Oh and i have yet to see clannad myself just havn't been in the mood for a series guaranteed to make ya cry for over a year now. I had some stuff happen that messed me up for a bit IRL so while i'm doing better these days i am for now avoiding depressing shows.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:18 AM ----------

Tell me about it. Though as said above that has currently taken a backburner to some RL issues i'm dealing with. Going through an existential crisis mixed with depression and a panic disorder will do that LOL. But yeah i do the same. Though for me ANY series i've found can offer some form of data for use. Hell their have been series i've pushed through but by the end actually offered something of merit so i make it a point to see as much as i can cause you never know what will have useful data. Hell my only reason for money is to acquire more anime,games and manga. Thus why i watch a variety of shows. Though when down i prefer to watch Slice of Life and more fanservicey things. But yeah i nderstand and agree completely.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 11:21 AM ----------

Some people can't do that though just not i our nature. Hell i WISH i could do that but i can't. Well not unless i'm completely exhausted and even then well not necessarily. Though i also auto process so i can just watch a show and then just sleep and wake up with it fully processed same for RL issues just takes time with those.
    - Zero no tsukaima: not anytime soon i even saw the author just got a surgery to treat his cancer so even the Manga is delayed....

-Clannad: ohhh gawwwwd no i just really cant believe you have not seen it... i would like to (at least according to my point of view) point out that the strong points in Clannad are not the sad parts since sometimes its the impression some people get from it which is something im just realizing now when you mentioned you are not up to watch sad things due to IRL issues well for me actually the strong points of it are the Joyful, Happy, enthusiastic parts. I mean the story truly have some sad bottoms but it honors the phrase "the sun will always rise again"(or something like that) the whole anime emphasizes on cherishing relations, emphasizes on family and that a family its not just the people who lives with you under the same roof but those who are with you through the hard times...(typing this with a knot in my throat and teary eyes) and help you through them and Afterstory enhances this concept even more... of fighting through the hard and sad times in search of that light that will make every step to it worthwhile so you cant hate those seconds cuz are those moments the ones who brought you to be the great person you are right now... anyway ill just stop here since i've already been cheesy enough just notice Clannad means Family so you have an idea of how much they love the concept...

Now watching Gosick since a couple of friends insisted on it and well seems okay so far(ep5) ill keep watching just to check why they were so excited about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosick was meh. Victorique was awesome, but the dude is just annoying.

Side note, Hidamari Sketch gets 4th season! More Yunocchi = yay! Also Amagami SS is getting a 2nd season. Really hope they are going with a whole new cast with maybe some of the original as side character (more Miya can never be a bad thing) otherwise it will suuuuuuuuck