Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lumaria View Post
    Troll Thread, Issue 5 is not out yet!
    Well, if it is real, I just realized a subtle retcon. Saying the ettins are a missing link in the eventual emergence of ogres implies that two-headed ogres are natural, and not formed from dark magic experiments like it has been since their introduction.

Awesome stuff. It's nice to see more of the background info for the races finally given definition and explanation. Much cooler than "from the mists of tiiiiiiiime *wiggle fingers*"

So. It seems they are giving us a little more insight into the pandaren

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT:-The who corrupted Sargeras is finally answered. The first demons that Sargers fought were dreadlords, infernals, doomguards, and what looked like a male succubus.
    hahahahh i wonder how sarg was convinced

10+ Year Old Account
    i could have sworn that vrykrul were already fleshy... just the halls in ulduar were constructs of them.

meh i've been wrong before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's the official confirmation, given by Cenarius, Freya and the Tribunal of Ages to Brann.
    Well that's awesome and all but i thought i read an article on WoWWiki (before it went down the shitter) about the lore behind the ancient war between the trolls and the Ahn'Qiraj. After the massive troll empire split up, some happened to evolve from some of the trolls
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andlát View Post
    Well that's awesome and all but i thought i read an article on WoWWiki (before it went down the shitter) about the lore behind the ancient war between the trolls and the Ahn'Qiraj. After the massive troll empire split up, some happened to evolve from some of the trolls
    It's been something Blizzard left up to fan interpretation for the longest time and only recently gave a solid "Yes" or "No" on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    hahahahh i wonder how sarg was convinced
    Turns out that the evils of the universe wasnt what caused him to go insane, just the fact that he got seduced by the wrong type of succubus.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Issue 5 is out. Just got it in the mail today. Don't listen to anyone else who says otherwise.

This info seems to be taken from the article of Brann Bronzebeard's journal. Seems interesting, to say the least, although because of how they presented the information, they could easily refute it if they wanted to for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-08-15 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Derp, words are hard.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. The only issue I have is "harpies from Aviana" which bothers me because its been confirmed that they're an offshoot of Night elves (just like Naga or the eventual Blood Elves of today).

I suppose you could just mean "Aviana was involved in the creation of harpies" but by and large she didn't BIRTH them, the ancestral harpies were night elves.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting, thank you for this post

glad to know that NElfs actually evolved from da trolls mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    Turns out that the evils of the universe wasnt what caused him to go insane, just the fact that he got seduced by the wrong type of succubus.
    and the dread lords got the pictures and put them on face book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    i could have sworn that vrykrul were already fleshy... just the halls in ulduar were constructs of them.

No no, you're right. Vry'kul clans who moved south were shorter in stature, the other Vry'kul thought them inferior. The clans that moved south to escape the less-accepting Vry'kul continued to shrink and change until they became humans.
    The other Vry'kul never changed, and when the sundering happened, the lot of them freaked out and went into that weird statsis-hibernationie thing they do, preventing any further 'evolution.'

The humany Vry'kul, though, did not. They were heading south still, well into the Eastern Kingdoms, add 10k years onto it and boom humanity as we know it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Well, if it is real, I just realized a subtle retcon. Saying the ettins are a missing link in the eventual emergence of ogres implies that two-headed ogres are natural, and not formed from dark magic experiments like it has been since their introduction.
    Perhaps the Ettin performed the experiments?

If the Stone Giants were turned into Gronn and Ettins, that means there was a curse of flesh on Draenor, because Ogres / Gronn / etc are still native to Draenor...or am i missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Issue 5 is out. Just got it in the mail today. Don't listen to anyone else who says otherwise.

This info seems to be taken from the article of Brann Bronzebeard's journal. Seems interesting, to say the least, although because of how they presented the information, they could easily repute it if they wanted to for whatever reason.
    Indeed. If something proves wildly unpopular, Brann just got his info mixed up and Blizzard can backtrack with the 'real' source from High Examiner Bloodwatcher, Belloc, or Harrison if need be.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post

From what I know, they started as the "Iron Vrykul", and then BAM, Curse of Flesh, now they're The Fleshy versions. Eventually started to have "mutated" Babies, which were some of the first humans.
    I wanna know where the Kvaldir come from, an official explanation on them. Vrkyul who went swimming too much?

15+ Year Old Account
    -Earth Giants apparently were turned into Gronn (perhaps via the curse of flesh) who then turned into ogres and ettin.
    Nobody else blindsided by this one? It points to there having been titanic ****ing with Draenor, so does that mean Orcs are made by the Titans? Does this point to confirmation of Old Gods on Draenor (there's clues)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    They will feel *sunglasses* trolled.
    Lmao dude....lmao. XD

On another note this is quite some interesting info. Thanks for sharing OP. Otherwise I'd probably never learn any of it. ^_^'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    From what I know, they started as the "Iron Vrykul", and then BAM, Curse of Flesh, now they're The Fleshy versions. Eventually started to have "mutated" Babies, which were some of the first humans.
    I wanna know where the Kvaldir come from, an official explanation on them. Vrkyul who went swimming too much?
    Stone Vrykrul. all evidence we have is that Iron ______ are ALL created by Loken
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna read it from the magazine though.