The truth about MMO-Champ users....

Over 40% of people that answered the poll that was on the front page said they are not playing WoW.

Blizzard lost 900k subscribers over the last few years (actually since the release of WoW). That's not even 10%.

From what I see in the forums, I'd say that 9 out of 10 people here say they don't play anymore.

Seriously, those numbers don't match. So we can safely say that that poll was full of lies. Which proves that most people here are hypocrites and liars. Y'all know you're still playing the game.

What I really want to know though, is why do you think it's cool to say that you don't play the game anymore, or why is it cool to say how your life is over due to the fact that Blizzard will/will not do <insert something here>.

Do you think Blizzard will read your topic and feel sorry about you? Do you think you will make more virtual friends because of it? Do you think it's cool to be an ass (and a hypocrite)? I want to know. Go.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because on the internet, you can look cool by being a rebel! A person is smart, people are fuckin idiots.

There was nothing to stop people from voting multiple times so obviously the poll is meaningless. Really all polls are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    From what I see in the forums, I'd say that 9 out of 10 people here say they don't play anymore.
    I honestly think that is an over-exaggeration. And I have never seen someone make a post along the lines of "Blizz didn't do this, my life is over".
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grrr, i thought this post might have been something useful to know, like 40% of mmo-champ users are naked at the keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What I really want to know though, is why do you think it's cool to say that you don't play the game anymore, or why is it cool to say how your life is over due to the fact that Blizzard will/will not do <insert something here>."

Wasn't aware I was saying that.

Way to categorize everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    There was nothing to stop people from voting multiple times so obviously the poll is meaningless. Really all polls are.
    This thread ended with this post.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quitting isn't even a big deal anyway. Either you do it because you don't enjoy the game anymore, or you don't. I did for the former with no intention of coming back, and people will do anything for attention. Best way to deal with it? Indifference gets them every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehjoker View Post
    Because on the internet, you can look cool by being a rebel! A person is smart, people are fuckin idiots.
    >Says that those who don't play WoW anymore yet still go on mmoc are idiots.
    >Is being an idiot by using silly generalizing.

wat?

Seriously, I don't know why people are so bitter about this. I want to know the juicy details of 4.3 just as much as any of you. Does it really make a difference whether I currently have a subscription or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastusebydate View Post
    Grrr, i thought this post might have been something useful to know, like 40% of mmo-champ users are naked at the keyboard.
    I'm sure it didn't say it out explicitly, but I assume my corporate code of conduct also includes "no being naked at work, except in cases of office orgies"
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm naked at the keyboard if that makes you feel better.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    >Says that those who don't play WoW anymore yet still go on mmoc are idiots.
    >Is being an idiot by using silly generalizing.

wat?

Seriously, I don't know why people are so bitter about this. I want to know the juicy details of 4.3 just as much as any of you. Does it really make a difference whether I currently have a subscription or not?
    nah you missed my point bud, I was more replying to the fact that some people like to come on here and announce that they quit, cry about it and quit. Basically the people that want as much attention as they can get. I quit for over a year, and I came to MMOC every day.

I'm sure there is some truth to who say they don't play anymore, for example I'm still subbed, especially since I heard what 4.3 has in store, but I haven't played in a month. Just because everyone hasn't unsubbed doesn't mean Blizzard isn't losing players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! That's usually not true.

So, we had threads about quitting WoW, now you guys are just going to make threads about people making threads about quitting WoW?

This isn't inception, no need to go derper.