Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Ret]A little depressed about my dps.

Well I don't think I'm a bad player since I know my class in and out ( I think ? ) and I'm a frequent poster here , but recently with the introduction of firelands gear I've started to lag behind our other dps and I feel a little sad about it. Does it get better with 4pc or it's just a guessing game for when's the best time to use it ...

Idk , just check this baleroc normal kill from tonight's raid , I don't think rng was that bad for me ( wasn't incredibly good either ) but I mean I was usually much higher. Are my guildies getting better at their class or ret's just fucked up atm ...

I mean a put a ton of effort to maximize my damage ( more than any of my guildies if you ask me ) and when the end result is like such it kinda sucks.

Here's a link to the log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bs...?s=9488&e=9792 , it's fine if you wanna check other nights/kills/fights to tell me the reason it's me and that I suck or sth like that, might actually make me feel better.

My character is in sig.

Thanks.

There is nothing particular wrong with your damage.

Sure, 4piece does help, especially while having zealotry nearly all throughout heroism/Bloodlust, and a 391 weapon would of course give your dps a good boost.

Otherwise, you gotta realize you got a 372 average gear level, in that log you are #6 on dps, warriors, rogue and deathknight are *supposed* to be higher than you, thats just how the dps-breakdown looks like right now.
    Ferals and enhancer are somewhat in our reach, but even them normally are 0,5 to 1k above us.

So yes, its completely normal that all the other melee-classes are better than you.

If you take my balerocHC this week: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l7...s=9732&e=10056

Yeah i got 28k, and yeah i got fucked by countdown two times with cds up, but i also have 4piece and a 391 weapon.

26,5k is not particular good, nor bad at baleroc. Ye, with a little rng-luck you might get to 27k oder 27,5...but without 4piece and a 378 weapon there is a threshold where you simply _cant_ do more dps. You wont see a 30k that often with that gear.
    Ret is just not that overwhelming in 4.2, and your gear also does factor into that.

Deleted
    It doesn't seem so bad to me :-)

Your DPS is pretty good but I'm not too sure about those below you... maybe your gear is better? lol

Deleted
    Ill ask my question in this topic, maybe someone will know What % of dps is coming from weapon ? As long the weapon from Shannox and the Sulfuras dont want to drop im thinking about change Akirus HC into 378 PvP weapon.

And i want to know how better my dps can be when i`ll get Sulfuras or Shannox Axe.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Zepherous/simple
    Shannox HC: worldoflogs.com/reports/u7ixiuzxczctdqt0/sum/damageDone/?s=7137&e=7450 // and week ago: worldoflogs.com/reports/ursxpysepgtzclm6/sum/damageDone/?s=8877&e=9177
    Baleroc Normal: worldoflogs.com/reports/q2ku96fpy9p3a6wg/sum/damageDone/?s=8707&e=8956
    Majordomo Normal: worldoflogs.com/reports/nqgjfosnl6qb90in/sum/damageDone/?s=982&e=1404

Cheers.

Deleted
    we will always be rng-> AoW proc reliant to an extent, as you gear your haste goes up ( even if you don't want it to) which grants us more 'attempts' to proc aow which helps prevent lost globals.

check your heroism when wings+zealot rotation. at certain gear levels/mastery levels a 3point TV crit does more damg than a HoW with the main differance being that HoW has a higher crit chance so it can depend what your crit and mastery ratings are as crit to a point will "cap out" HoW at 100% but mastery will mean a 30k tv + another 15k mastery is very competative if your mastery gets higher or if you have some crit buffs as a criting TV during wings will do more overall damg (ie with mastery) than a HoW can.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherous View Post
    Ill ask my question in this topic, maybe someone will know What % of dps is coming from weapon ? As long the weapon from Shannox and the Sulfuras dont want to drop im thinking about change Akirus HC into 378 PvP weapon.

And i want to know how better my dps can be when i`ll get Sulfuras or Shannox Axe.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Zepherous/simple
    Shannox HC: worldoflogs.com/reports/u7ixiuzxczctdqt0/sum/damageDone/?s=7137&e=7450 // and week ago: worldoflogs.com/reports/ursxpysepgtzclm6/sum/damageDone/?s=8877&e=9177
    Baleroc Normal: worldoflogs.com/reports/q2ku96fpy9p3a6wg/sum/damageDone/?s=8707&e=8956
    Majordomo Normal: worldoflogs.com/reports/nqgjfosnl6qb90in/sum/damageDone/?s=982&e=1404

Cheers.
    You should definitely upgrade to a 378 because weapon DPS ALWAYS gives the biggest upgrade for melee/ranged classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Idk , just check this baleroc normal kill from tonight's raid , I don't think rng was that bad for me ( wasn't incredibly good either ) but I mean I was usually much higher. Are my guildies getting better at their class or ret's just fucked up atm ...

I mean a put a ton of effort to maximize my damage ( more than any of my guildies if you ask me ) and when the end result is like such it kinda sucks.

Here's a link to the log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bs...?s=9488&e=9792 , it's fine if you wanna check other nights/kills/fights to tell me the reason it's me and that I suck or sth like that, might actually make me feel better.

My character is in sig.

Thanks.
    26.9k on Bal is a good result for your gear, nothing to be ashamed of.
    I did 29k last night and that was #50 world on HM. Top parse is 33k, so you are doing 81% of max (said max have mace, 4-piece and 10 ilvl on top of you).

I don't see anything particularly wrong with your log.
    I do have advice though: get tanking T11 4-piece for pre-pull. It's a solid dps boost. Trade-pug that Cho'gall/Nef if needed, but get it. It's usable on 5 out of 7 FL bosses, including Rag.

You shouldn't feel bad about being sixth dps. Remember: if your guildies would be as good as you playing their class, you would be LAST on that list. DEAD LAST. (proof). So, cheer up.

you can possibly try picking up a bit more haste than crit, depending if you want to follow exemplars sheet or simcraft, exemplars is showing haste to have increasing value over crit and very close to mastery.. sim your toon and see what it finds

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/gorg...aleroc-25N-503
    You can look at individual encounters and see how you did as compared to all other Ret paladins on that encounter (at least all which are on WoL)
    Of course realize you may be in a different role, and likely less gear than the higher percentile players. (eg: sometimes ret paladins fly on Alyzrazor and if you don't obv you'll be much lower)

Just in case: being at 90 Percentile means that you did better ~90% of Ret paladins on that encounter but not as well as ~10%

Kisko's link doesn't really help because it ignores situation nature of most of the encounters in firelands, better to look at each encounter separately, and compare your class to others in a similar role.

Quote Originally Posted by assilley View Post
    you can possibly try picking up a bit more haste than crit, depending if you want to follow exemplars sheet or simcraft, exemplars is showing haste to have increasing value over crit and very close to mastery.. sim your toon and see what it finds

Really? I have been reforging my haste into crit, back to the (reforge) table I go

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    Really? I have been reforging my haste into crit, back to the (reforge) table I go
    as he said, its only in one spreadsheet.

Simcraft still shows Mastery as King, and really, it does not seem to make any difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3s View Post
    as he said, its only in one spreadsheet.

Simcraft still shows Mastery as King, and really, it does not seem to make any difference at all.
    Mastery is still king, however once you have a certain level of mastery, haste becomes more valuable per point. My point being is that with my current gear (377 lvl) i get more value from adding slightly more haste to my gear. If you had a piece with crit/haste on them, then reforge the crit to mastery instead of the haste.

Deleted
    Here's mine from last reset; http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1824&e=2112

Not that different, just face it ret's arent the mega dps spec.

Similar gear to yours : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Paow/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't think I'm a bad player since I know my class in and out ( I think ? ) and I'm a frequent poster here , but recently with the introduction of firelands gear I've started to lag behind our other dps and I feel a little sad about it. Does it get better with 4pc or it's just a guessing game for when's the best time to use it ...

My character is in sig.

Thanks.
    DPS looks exactly how it should, The one fight you dominate is because you can divine storm the adds down. Inquisition up time on some of your fights is lacking but since those fights have movement depending on how you do them I wouldn't hold it against you it's a pain in the ass anyway.

It really just comes down to accepting the fact if you are in the top 5 on any fight other than Domo and BH or possibly Baleroc if you aren't forced to soak than you are likely to either have one of two things happening.

A) You are better than the players around you.
    B) You are geared and they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

My character is in sig.

Thanks.
    I don't see a problem really, i'm the underdog in my raids too lol. Sometimes I pull 27k and sometimes 22k but my guild comments on how my dps is spradic on the meters at best. RNG spec is RNG :/

Thanks all .
    I'm doin a couple things now:
    1) simcraft to see haste vs crit on my current gear and
    2) thinkin of a better way to keep inq up ( clcinfo warning is good but not good enough , maybe power aura classic) , cuz it does seem rather low on some fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all .
    I'm doin a couple things now:
    1) simcraft to see haste vs crit on my current gear and
    2) thinkin of a better way to keep inq up ( clcinfo warning is good but not good enough , maybe power aura classic) , cuz it does seem rather low on some fights.
    Blah I had a real response typed out and this stupid site failed to post it so here is the short to the point response.

It think Inquisition is important enough that if you only use an icon/bar to represent having the buff you grow use to it being there. Since I find it to be so important I decided to make it just the opposite. When I have it no buff is showing, When it's gone I see the Inquisition icon which reminds me that it has fallen off.

Inquisition not active.

Inquisition active.

Code:
    affectingCombat = UnitAffectingCombat("player");
    if affectingCombat then
    local _, _, _, _, _, dur, exp = UnitBuff("player", "Inquisition", nil, "PLAYER")
    if exp then 
      if (exp - GetTime()) <= 10 then
        return true, "Interface\\Icons\\spell_paladin_inquisition", (exp - dur), dur, 1, nil, nil, 0.5
      end
    else
      return true, "Interface\\Icons\\spell_paladin_inquisition"
    end
    end
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-08-18 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I hear having Inq in rotation as highest priority works quite well for uptime.

Deleted
    There's nothing wrong with your DPS, considering your gear, you are doing a great output. However, when you get the 4set, you will hopefullysee a great improvement, especially if you manage to time Zealotry with HoR, GoaK, and Apparatus. (Getting HoR on command can be a tad difficult though .)
    Last edited by mmoc0462875e0a; 2011-08-19 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Typ-o.