Deleted

No sound from USB headset

I just got my hands on a new USB headset. It's from Trust and the model is sr-6200, I think. Not the best but shouldn't be too bad either. Also I know for a fact that it isn't broken as I tested it on another computer and it worked.

It should be plug and play and there are no drivers for it for Windows 7. The other PC on which they worked also had Windows 7 and I didn't install any drivers on it. I'm currently using normal headphones and they work fine, also the USB ports are working good but I tested other ports just in case.

When plugging them it, Windows says that it's installing new drivers and then that the device is working properly. I've also set it to default device but still I get no sounds other than very feint peeps and tones like from a dial-up phone. Oh and the control on the headphones also works and mutes/unmutes it or increases and decreases the volume.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure that your onboard sound card is in any way connected to the internal USB header?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

What happens if you manually set it to use the headset instead of "system default"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    What happens if you manually set it to use the headset instead of "system default"?
    I did, fixed it now. It only works in one USB even though there is like 10.. just tried them all 1 by 1.