Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Try using http://windirstat.info/
    to see whats taking up space in your drive, it may help you find those extra GB's
    Cheers. I'll give it a go. See if I can find what's robbing my precious bytes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    already 17th! My 6850's love the attention they are getting <3

IMACOSMONAUT
    How many ppd do they give? Or points per finsihed unit? (that takes what? 3 hours?)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    So, who's crazy for advicing you to get it from the beginning now then?!
    If I already had it... I'd still at least get a 2500K to put in my gaming machine, and move the i7 to a different machine and let it fold all day every day.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    already 17th! My 6850's love the attention they are getting <3

IMACOSMONAUT
    Please do tell me how you set up the client for it to support the 6xxx series.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Please do tell me how you set up the client for it to support the 6xxx series.
    https://fah-web.stanford.edu/project...ki/BetaRelease
    use v7

I think my WU amount just went up without gaining any points, i wish i was at home to check

Messing around with this on my work computer -- can it simultaneously fold on a GPU and multiple CPU cores?

Quote Originally Posted by garrotte View Post
    Messing around with this on my work computer -- can it simultaneously fold on a GPU and multiple CPU cores?
    Yes it can

It doesn't show steps in the GPU client (console version), only a percentage. Not that it really matters, but is this correct?
    FAHmon also doesn't want to give an ETA for the GPU client, but it does show at what percentage it is. I guess this is because the folding client doesn't show the steps...
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-24 at 06:20 PM.

Dynellen needs to stop catching up to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    It doesn't show steps in the GPU client (console version), only a percentage. Not that it really matters, but is this correct?
    FAHmon also doesn't want to give an ETA for the GPU client, but it does show at what percentage it is. I guess this is because the folding client doesn't show the steps...
    Afaik third party monitors can't handle the v7 client. But it got its built in thingie anyway.

Deleted
    https://fah-web.stanford.edu/project...ki/BetaRelease
    use v7

I think my WU amount just went up without gaining any points, i wish i was at home to check
    Thanks a bunch for that. It works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Afaik third party monitors can't handle the v7 client. But it got its built in thingie anyway.
    Ah right. I stopped using the V7 client for now.
    I'm using the GPU3 6.41 client for my laptop (Quadro FX 770M). Or should I roll back to the GPU2 6.23 client.
    If the folding is in progress, just FAHmon not showing an ETA, doesn't do the folding any harm, right?

-edit- I decided to give the V7 client another go for my 6950.
    This is what my GPU-usage looks like after I came back from dinner. Is this because I'm running a FahCore_a5 on my CPU or is this some betashizzle that needs to be ironed out?
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-24 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Dynellen needs to stop catching up to me!
    Just tried folding out for the first time last night/today, seems like Gtx580 tears this thing up

Quote Originally Posted by Dynellen View Post
    Just tried folding out for the first time last night/today, seems like Gtx580 tears this thing up
    That explains why your flying fast my 460 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    -edit- I decided to give the V7 client another go for my 6950.
    This is what my GPU-usage looks like after I came back from dinner. Is this because I'm running a FahCore_a5 on my CPU or is this some betashizzle that needs to be ironed out?
    You CPU folding at the same time? Even gpu folding requires a chunk of cpu power. I set core priority to "idle" on my CPU SMP client and "low" on the GPU3 clients, so they got higher CPU prio.

Another way that should work is having the tag -smp 7 (as opposed to just -SMP) on the CPU SMP client so it uses a maximum of 7 "cores" and leaves one for the GPU clients to use. Maybe not applicable if running -bigadv though, don't know.

edit: to reconfigure a folding client, make a shortcut to it and add -config in target on shortcut properties.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-08-24 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    You CPU folding at the same time? Even gpu folding requires a chunk of cpu power. I set core priority to "idle" on my CPU SMP client and "low" on the GPU3 clients, so they got higher CPU prio.

Another way that should work is having the tag -smp 7 (as opposed to just -SMP) on the CPU SMP client so it uses a maximum of 7 "cores" and leaves one for the GPU clients to use. Maybe not applicable if running -bigadv though, don't know.

edit: to reconfigure a folding client, make a shortcut to it and add -config in target on shortcut properties.
    I was thinking the exact same :P Can't hurt to try I suppose.

Ah ye, GPU is already set at "slightly higher", which I think is the "low" setting.

It should look like this: "C:\Users\Thomas\FAH\fah6.exe -smp 7 -bigadv" ? If that's the case, smp 7 didn't do anything yet. Probably have to wait for the next WU for this option to kick in.. which is tomorrow evening XD

Aaaannd, checked the log for the moment that the CPU SMP client was shut down... near 100% load all the time.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-24 at 08:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm back with the pain folks! (lolyeahrite)

Past several days have been super busy for me and I have not folded because I can't figure out how to get it to download straight to a HDD or anything. Having it munch up 10+GB the other day freaked me out a good bit. =S

Anyone have any ideas to help bring me back in the action? More competition is more fun! ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    yep its fun refreshing our stat page.
    Speaking of which i'm tearing you guys apart just jumped 2 spaces to 15th.

I was 28th this morning.

FOR SCIENCE!

15+ Year Old Account
    My GTX 460 usually folds for about 6-7 hours a day while I'm at work. It's done enough to keep me near the upper couple and really add to the team totals

I wanted get in the top 5 but i dont think i will be able to . This makes me want a new graphics card even more! *Orders 2 580's* jk im not Asera!