Deleted

Karazhan Chess Event Revelation

So I was soloing Karazhan yesterday and saw this amazing thing I looked over before I lost four times on the Chess Event. When the Echo of Medivh cheats he could put fire on the chess board. Now, when the enemy king decides to stand in the fire, he takes damage as well. This is one of the reasons which helped me to beat the Chess Event (not for the first time however) after some horrible bad luck.

My strat:

Get in king, use heroism. Then I move into the peons in front of the king and the knight and move them 1 square ahead. I move into the knight and move him in front of the king and make him face forward. By this time Medivh should be close to cheating, which will probably be fire on the board, usually where your king is. So then I move into my king and move out of the fire. Also by now some of the enemy pieces have moved in range for my king to hit them. I use Heroism on cooldown and keep hitting everything. If you're lucky the enemy king will move in front of your knight and you will kill him easily. If you're unlucky then your knight will also be on fire and will die fast, which happened to me four times straight :'(. On the fifth attempt however I managed to stay alive for quite a while, but pretty much all pieces were dead except for my queen (the mage) and a bishop (the priest) The enemy had the king and two other pieces I can't remember. Their king decided to kill my queen and then proceeded to move into the fire so he could hit me. I was lucky enough to have more health than their king but nonetheless, this fire tip is golden, You should try to lure the enemy pieces into it. (Fire will usually spawn at king so use that to your advantage.)

PS. A reason to go for Karazhan's last boss is the head token for T4, which was pretty epic for Warlocks.

Orrrr.... You can get into the Queen (mage) piece and icebolt down their King for 2 min and be done.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just get into the king and cleave once their king gets in front of me, it works every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice find. I never knew about that.

Soloing it is a joke. The first time, it's kinda scary if you don't know it's doable. After that, it's easy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Soloing it is a joke. The first time, it's kinda scary if you don't know it's doable. After that, it's easy as hell.
    you have tips also ?

i'd like to read them

i might have been trying to "overdo" it, switching pieces to heal and whatnot.

any tips will be appreciated.

does getting in the mage and spam really work ? that would be noice.

ty !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Orrrr.... You can get into the Queen (mage) piece and icebolt down their King for 2 min and be done.
    This doesn't work since Medivh cheats and puts fire on the square your king is on = dead in 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    This doesn't work since Medivh cheats and puts fire on the square your king is on = dead in 30 seconds.
    I assumed the part where you move the King out of the fire was a given to any non-retard.

Hopefully the implication of THIS statement is more obvious.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

The NPC will auto heal the king, so really its as simple as waiting for his king to come in front of yours and cleave away.

One thing that has been around and was tolerated since the beginning of Karazhan:
    If your move ends on a square that is already occupied by another piece and you click 'behind' the piece but still on the square your piece will move through the old piece and stand an additional square ahead of your target location.

This is what I do when I'm there solo:
    1. move the elementals over the peons and to the front
    2. 'quee(r)n' over peon, peon over queen
    3. Horses over peons, horses to the front
    4. Sitting in queen looking at stuff to nuke (preferrably healers or their king)
    ofc: waiting for fire all the time and stepping over the peon with the king if it gets hit by fire

If you go in there with 1 or 2 friends for their tokens it becomes more and more of a joke but the chance to fail is still there if someone starts daydreaming because it's a joke you can easily solo

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's so easy it's not even funny.

What I do is:
    - Move the Peons in front of King, Healers and 1 Demon/Ele 1 step forward
    - Move 1 of your Demons/Water Eles near your King and spam AoE.
    - At this point Medhiv will cheat for the first time with Fire, move your King and Healers outta the fire.
    - Get on a Healer and keep your King/Tower topped off while trying to do some DPS.
    - When their King gets close, swap to the Mage/Warlock and DPS their King.
    - Their King should be going down fast with the AoE hitting him + your ranged and possibly your Kings cleaves.
    - Swap onto Healers if your king is taking lots of damage and keep moving King/Mage/Healers outta the fires.

Also, if their King is not too close yet, kill the cheat-buffed pieces fast with ranged-attacks and AoE if possible.

The key here is to have the Demons AoE + Kings cleaves on the mass of random pieces that will breach your front-lines at the start and keep your key-pieces healed. Their random pieces will fall fast and give you some breathing room to take down their King without much trouble.

Still don't understand the need for so much complexity. I move the Peon thats in front of the King then get in the Queen and just icebolt the King until he's dead. At some point you'll have to get out of Queen and move King from fire, but then you just get back in and go back to icebolting.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>