Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like this is just making DMF easier to get exalted and nerfing Insane even more. I wouldn't care so much if there was another massive grind like the original Insane =/

This has a huge potential for failure but an even bigger potential for success. Its all up to the players and server communities to make this event the best it could be.

This sounds great! Replicas of older tiers? Yes please! New heirlooms? Me likey!

10+ Year Old Account
    They had me at fez-wearing monkey. My monkey wears a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    Sweet, finally a proper way to get exalted with it !

Aint that the truth? :-)

"Trolls, best race in the game" - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Because people are looking for actual content, not a daily quest hub with arbitrary gating mechanics to pace how long it takes you to actually get to the end so that it will last until the next expansion since 4.3 is the last content patch until the next expansion.

If you looked at it expansion by expansion, this is the worst expansion by amount of actual content but each time someone brings it up, some Blizzard apologist quickly comes up with some excuse demanding people to stop being so negative. Why? Did your monthly subscription start costing less? Did Cataclysm expansion cost less than the TBC expansion or WotLK expansion?

TBC gave us nearly 60 raid bosses, a new "planet", a ton of new dungeons and bosses within, heroics, and love it or hate it gave us arenas and daily BG/honor grinds as a way for PvPers to compete which was also brand new content. WotLK gave us like 45 some raid bosses, a new continent, a handful of new dungeons, and it gave casuals a way to gear up with the Argent Tournament.

Cataclysm will end up giving us 20? some raid bosses and at least 2 end ones so far have been recycled (Nef and Ragnaros), 7 new dungeons and recycled for us Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, recycled ZA and ZG and called them "new", gave us like 5 new zones. The content is so lacking, in fact, that Blizzard apologists are so desperate that you're willing to latch on to a side event like the Darkmoon Faire and call it "content"? Oh look it adds a mount ooooh. And some companion pets. Oooooh. So a billion dollar company took a year to add 1 mount and some companion pets? This is what you accept as content now when you are paying the same price? Your bar is so low?

They're not even bothering trying to put out new content because they decided that after 5 years of saying they didn't want you changing how you looked, they reneged and introduced transmogrification and you said HOORAY. So the "new content" of Cataclysm is you going back to do level 60 raids to get the gear you sold 4 years ago, that way, they don't have to make any new things for you because you're too busy going HEHEHE LETS GET THE OLD STUFF AGAIN THAT I FARMED BEFORE.

This is why the game is dumbed down. Because Blizzard keeps lowering the bar and instead of getting an outcry, you just nod and lower your expectations below their bar and accept what they gave you. Giving you less and less each year but trying to squeeze out more microtransactions, and you keep paying for extra while accepting less for the same price you've been paying.

It's absurd. And stupid.

Content? It's not content. It's laughing at you and you're apologizing for it.
    lol. Because Blizzard base their content on your opinions amirite?

Theres a reason people like you get overlooked. You whine and whine about everything they give you. If my kids complained about me giving them stuff for Christmas, I'd stop. You know what they'd do? Complain about me stopping. There is no winning with people like yourself. Suck it up or leave

You'd probably need to grind quite a bit to get the heirlooms. The "new" heirlooms are leggings and a ring.

The problem is that if you haven't already hit 85 on all classes/select server on your account... what the hell is the point of new heirlooms? You can't transfer them in any useful way to another server and Blizz already pointed out... that ain't happening anytime soon. Just a waste of time. New heirlooms you'd have to delete some existing character to "enjoy". Terrible concept. I don't know about you guys but my server is filled with 85's i have no room for more characters on that server. Add that to a few servers where i have some 80's i haven't played since wotlk... seriously, don't think i am going to bother unless they let us transfer the 'looms. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by huldu; 2011-08-26 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
    They had me at fez-wearing monkey. My monkey wears a fez now. Fezzes are cool.
    Doctor Who <3

HEY BLIZZ.
    The process of dancing bear, as appeared to the crowd to be enchanting and fun-filled, is not the true depiction of real one—the owners of the dancing bears often poach the young cubs of bears while the mother is away, and sometimes the mother is killed to take away the children. It has also been noted that many of the stolen bear cubs die due to neglect of food and proper care, and also from dehydration even before they are sold for training to somebody. Almost all dancing bears are made to suffer a lot of physical pain, as all of them have a hole pierced through their lips, nose, or palate through which a rope or a chain runs. It goes without saying that no anesthetic is used to soften some of the pain involved in it. Moreover, the teeth and claws are often removed to prevent any injury to the person who is supposed to handle the dancing bear during the show. Owners of dancing bears do not make a healthy living, and it is obvious that they can’t provide any facility to the bears—they are treated in most inhuman way and are made into a mean of their income without any feeling, whatsoever! It sounds strange that bears like dancing in order to shrug off suffering, pain, and stress, and sometimes even tiredness! When the ropes and chains are tugged into the fresh holes even before they are healed, constant pain and infection trouble the bears, who learn the dancing quickly in order to relieve their pain.
    GG guys, GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    New heirlooms....the old sets again, i like!

The funniest thing is that people that are raging are:
    - nowhere near to have completed actual content
    - nowhere near having high rating for PvP side
    - bashing everyone because they play a s****y game
    - bashing Blizzard because of their s****Y game

You know, Blizzard is making lots and lots of money with this s****y game. I call it successful, since it's one of the primary objectives. I don't know everyone that is playing, but hell, if they like the game, let them play the game.
    Tell the truth. You are just a bunch of trolls who just love to ruin the mood of happy people because you already know you won't be able to experience content. If you don't like the game, quit. No one is stopping you. If you already quitted, but like to follow the news, tell me what's the point in QQing about things you won't even touch.

It's Blizzard's game, your choice to play it along their rules. Like outraging about everything means really something. Go leave with the other million people...we don't care.

EDIT: don't remeber the name now, but there is here a rager who claims to be 6/7HM. Good for you, really good tbh. So you dislike everything in cata and then you play it long enough to reach that level of playing. I don't believe your guild raids 1day/week
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2011-08-26 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's Blizzard's game, your choice to play it along their rules. Like outraging about everything means really something. Go leave with the other million people...we don't care.
    Maybe because it's the fact that WoW could be so much better than the way it is now. Hell, even Deathwing's encounter, being the LAST PATCH EVER FOR CATA.

After laughing my ass off at such a piss poor last content patch... I suggested something to my friend;

You fight Deathwing. After epically long battle, when you wear Deathwing down to 50% hp, he automatically enrages, snarls how the twilight shall not be defeated yada yada, group instantly "wipes", only to "regain consciousness" a bit later with low HP. Some red dragons evidently got there in time and saved you from certain death and hey, a chest, loot!

Then this allows blizzard to actually work and do more dungeons and another raid/whatever aka Abyssal Maw that alot have been going on and on about.

Here's where I thought better about my idea and changed some of it.

Later on, earthquakes and such start happening, random plumes of lava in zones start to crop up, toasting unlucky players, before disappearing [basically just an effect that can kill you, requires no real remodeling of the zones afaik] blah blah blah, you go to fight Deathwing again, this time he's recovered to about 75% hp, but this time you aren't fighting Deathwing, atleast not alone.

In something better than the Occulus, Ysera, Kalecgos and Alexstrasa are there, no need for tanks, no need for healers. It's just a nuke fight. No piloting, but you think oh that's boring...

Ever watch Shadow of the Colossus/Play it?

That is what I imagine. That is the epicness that Wow could aim for.

Instead, what do we get?

"Don't stand in the fire".

Deleted
    OMG im tired of reading whiny posts about how blizzard are trying to ruin their own fricking game. Why a company should try to ruin their biggest source of income is just an insane point of view. Im tired of posts about how you hate this game, and it was much better back in the day. If you hate the game, or is tired of it, leave, unsubscribe, sell your account on ebay. Why post on a fansite is outside my understanding. I dont go around posting on Modern Warfare forums about how the game is bad or something, cause i dont play the game. Its a game like most of what we do outside work. So find something you enjoy and have fun. Being a forum-troll is not gonna get you laid, forum-trolls are the lowest form of life. Sorry for whiny post about whiny posts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows if the daily quests will be avalible for level 60/70s? Or is it only for level 85s?

Quote Originally Posted by LolToon
    Maybe because it's the fact that WoW could be so much better than the way it is now. Hell, even Deathwing's encounter, being the LAST PATCH EVER FOR CATA.
    No, the game is fine from their point of view. Nothing you can do about it apart blowing up their server farms with C4.

I have opionions about the game too. There are many things i don't like aswell many i like. Just i don't claim to have the "best ideas ever" because they are good in my mind, and not necessarily for everyone. There are now more things that i like compared to the things that i don't. When the proportions will be inverted. I'll just happily quit.

Another thing: any of the ragers here realize that the WoW engine is extremely outdated? You don't have physics or similar things. You simply cannot have that kind of things in WoW. If it's not good enough for you, quit No other choice my friend.

4.3 looks to me like all the merged content, that was supposed to be in previou patches or in a non existant abyssal maw patch etc.

And about DMF, i never really liked it and used it so i dont mind if they "buff" it.
    Last edited by Skulli; 2011-08-26 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LolToon View Post
    HEY BLIZZ. GG guys, GG.
    Yes. Cuz virtual dancing bears in a fantasy game is just the same as dancng bears irl, amirite? Druids have been able to dance forever aswell in their bearform. Did you complain about that too years ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Because people are looking for actual content, not a daily quest hub with arbitrary gating mechanics to pace how long it takes you to actually get to the end so that it will last until the next expansion since 4.3 is the last content patch until the next expansion.

If you looked at it expansion by expansion, this is the worst expansion by amount of actual content but each time someone brings it up, some Blizzard apologist quickly comes up with some excuse demanding people to stop being so negative. Why? Did your monthly subscription start costing less? Did Cataclysm expansion cost less than the TBC expansion or WotLK expansion?

TBC gave us nearly 60 raid bosses, a new "planet", a ton of new dungeons and bosses within, heroics, and love it or hate it gave us arenas and daily BG/honor grinds as a way for PvPers to compete which was also brand new content. WotLK gave us like 45 some raid bosses, a new continent, a handful of new dungeons, and it gave casuals a way to gear up with the Argent Tournament.

Cataclysm will end up giving us 20? some raid bosses and at least 2 end ones so far have been recycled (Nef and Ragnaros), 7 new dungeons and recycled for us Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, recycled ZA and ZG and called them "new", gave us like 5 new zones. The content is so lacking, in fact, that Blizzard apologists are so desperate that you're willing to latch on to a side event like the Darkmoon Faire and call it "content"? Oh look it adds a mount ooooh. And some companion pets. Oooooh. So a billion dollar company took a year to add 1 mount and some companion pets? This is what you accept as content now when you are paying the same price? Your bar is so low?

They're not even bothering trying to put out new content because they decided that after 5 years of saying they didn't want you changing how you looked, they reneged and introduced transmogrification and you said HOORAY. So the "new content" of Cataclysm is you going back to do level 60 raids to get the gear you sold 4 years ago, that way, they don't have to make any new things for you because you're too busy going HEHEHE LETS GET THE OLD STUFF AGAIN THAT I FARMED BEFORE.

This is why the game is dumbed down. Because Blizzard keeps lowering the bar and instead of getting an outcry, you just nod and lower your expectations below their bar and accept what they gave you. Giving you less and less each year but trying to squeeze out more microtransactions, and you keep paying for extra while accepting less for the same price you've been paying.

It's absurd. And stupid.

Content? It's not content. It's laughing at you and you're apologizing for it.

You counting ONLY endgame raid content and counting number of bosses, not the level of difficulty and amount of time it take it to loot it's corpse.

You don't matter, that 15 bosses of Naxxramas at the beginning of Wrath was so much faceroll, that it could be cleared in the first two weeks of playing lvl 80 even for a noob.
    And you don't care, that 4 bosses from VoA are even more faceroll than Naxx was. And for you, ToC, as a 5 man raid, was equal to BwD, or even more, because Nefarian was also boss in Vanilla. You don't care, that these was two extremely different battles?
    WotLK provided us, like, 4 oneboss raids (if we count VoA - after presenting another giant there, nobody care about previous one), which were as easy to down, as possible.

That's about raid content, which is in my opinion - better in Cataclysm.

But we forgot about another part of Cataclysm content - leveling in Azeroth! If we try to count leveling areas in wotlk, we will have one modified part of existing area (Eastern Plaguelands), and 8 and half (crystalsong forest) areas in Northrend. Oh, I forgot - and one battle zone, Wintergrasp.
    Cataclysm completely rehashed (with changing of geography, quest chains, npc's, flight paths, lore, and sometimes - contested zones changed into horde or alliance) content of almost ALL (Almost - except TBC starting zones and Sillithus) Azeroth zones, added starting zones for new races, and 5 high level zones (one of them is like subcontinent, Vashjir split into 3 parts). It is 20 Kalimdor zones, 24 Eastern Kingdom Zones, Vashjir, Kezan and Lost Isles. And Tol Barad.

48 new zones with quest chains vs 8 and half? Damn, Wotlk was small!

Darkmoon tabards Plz? Seriously, that tabard is awesome, and I'll be sad if they do not include a tabard you can buy at exalted.

But we forgot about another part of Cataclysm content - leveling in Azeroth! If we try to count leveling areas in wotlk, we will have one modified part of existing area (Eastern Plaguelands), and 8 and half (crystalsong forest) areas in Northrend. Oh, I forgot - and one battle zone, Wintergrasp.
    Cataclysm completely rehashed (with changing of geography, quest chains, npc's, flight paths, lore, and sometimes - contested zones changed into horde or alliance) content of almost ALL (Almost - except TBC starting zones and Sillithus) Azeroth zones, added starting zones for new races, and 5 high level zones (one of them is like subcontinent, Vashjir split into 3 parts). It is 20 Kalimdor zones, 24 Eastern Kingdom Zones, Vashjir, Kezan and Lost Isles. And Tol Barad.
    People seem and actually ARE disappointed with Cataclysm, because 80~85 look and feel rushed, with lack of content. And I agree with that.
    But they also forget that other side which was 1~60 totally redone, which in my opinion was a HUGE, HUGE success.
    Let's hope Pandaren to make up for this high level disappointment.
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-08-26 at 08:25 AM.

Most people who post negativity is because they actually like the game but are bitterly dissapointed in the direction of WoW since TBC - yet still have poured money into WotLK and Cata in the hope it will capitalise on TBC.Cata looked promising at the start for this, harder dungeons and bosses (initially at least) but the content hasn't quite matched TBC. I think we all know a lot of work went into remaking the world, and the new questing, but for those that have played since vanilla it wasn't new or fresh enough, and for those that Raid it just hasn't been anywhere near enough.My take is that I like WoW, and I like the new raids in Cata - but the content has been slow in coming. The Heroic dungeons are defunct for most players, the Troll dungeons are so dull now - there is only so many time you can do the same dungeons.The Nerfs have made the meaningful content of the past less meaningful to insignificant for me, and the daily grind that has been introduced is just a repetitive dull time sink that just makes me log off or play the pvp minigame.For some players this is just what they want - and Blizzard knows this hence more daily grinds (such as DMF). I think everyone wants either a huge amout of content that can be worked through, or smaller content served much speedier. With regards Raids and number of bosses - I feel there needs to either be bigger raids - or more raid dungeons of the same tier to at least give a semblance of choice. Look at TBC:T4: Kara (10), Mag (25) - yer 1 boss I know, and Gruul (25) - yer another 1 bossT5: SSc (25) and TK (25) and ZA (10) T6: MH (25), BT (25) and SP(25)where as the wrath and cata models are going for 1 raid per tier which seems a bit poor in comparison.