Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The raiders get a Deathwing raid, the dungeoneers get 3 new 5 mans, how dare they they also cater to those of us that like dailies! =P

Deleted
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I think i love you.... Likewise with the 6/7H and Rag just makes me lol. Nice scaling of firelands heroics blizzard.
    ow QQ more

I probably won't see rag heroic dead before 4.3 but I don't care. I don't think everyone should be able to kill everything the top notch guilds did already a month ago and we apparently don't cut it ( yet). So either we improve and gear up, or we fail. That's no drama but don't blame Blizzard for not being good enough yourself >.<

Possibly new Heirlooms then ? like the legs ?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why the rage? Obviously people feel they are getting their money's worth or else they quit. You point out what is wrong with Catclysm FOR YOU, yet it introduces things that others have asked for.

So like in every business, some people are happy with what they get. The ones who are unhappy (or appear to see through the raw deal they are apparently getting) are perfectly free to take their business elsewhere.

My question is more along the lines: Why do you feel the need of getting your soapbox out and preach? It is a bloody game. It costs a small monthy sum to pay. To me every hour WoW costs 20 cents. There were times where I played much more and every hour of WoW costs half of that I find that is a good deal. Always was, still is. If you don't feel that way, you are NOT going to change Blizzard's business policy by ranting here and you might as well take your money elsewhere.
    A casual like you can stfu and go do your dailies or watever, cos blizzard did fuck us up with cata by remodelling the same zones and try to make it new. SO gtfo and go farm some herbs.

Deleted
    Now this looks like a real Faire!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why the rage? Obviously people feel they are getting their money's worth or else they quit. You point out what is wrong with Catclysm FOR YOU, yet it introduces things that others have asked for.
    Well you nailed that, if people aren't satisfied WoW they'd quit. And know what? They actually did, 900k subs lost. So keLston is wrong about just one thing: some people do not lower their expectations.
    Last edited by akts; 2011-08-26 at 09:38 AM.

A casual like you can stfu and go do your dailies or watever, cos blizzard did fuck us up with cata by remodelling the same zones and try to make it new. SO gtfo and go farm some herbs.
    An hardcore like you should just stfu and go do your raids or whatever, cos blizzardfuck us up with cata by rehashing old dungeon and bosses. SO gtfo and go farm some bosses. CWUTIDIDHERE? Ah, i was forgotting you're just a troll. Also, if you prove me you are really an hardcore, why spend so much time on a game you clearly don't like and sucks so much?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    You counting ONLY endgame raid content and counting number of bosses, not the level of difficulty and amount of time it take it to loot it's corpse.

You don't matter, that 15 bosses of Naxxramas at the beginning of Wrath was so much faceroll, that it could be cleared in the first two weeks of playing lvl 80 even for a noob.
    And you don't care, that 4 bosses from VoA are even more faceroll than Naxx was. And for you, ToC, as a 5 man raid, was equal to BwD, or even more, because Nefarian was also boss in Vanilla. You don't care, that these was two extremely different battles?
    WotLK provided us, like, 4 oneboss raids (if we count VoA - after presenting another giant there, nobody care about previous one), which were as easy to down, as possible.

That's about raid content, which is in my opinion - better in Cataclysm.

But we forgot about another part of Cataclysm content - leveling in Azeroth! If we try to count leveling areas in wotlk, we will have one modified part of existing area (Eastern Plaguelands), and 8 and half (crystalsong forest) areas in Northrend. Oh, I forgot - and one battle zone, Wintergrasp.
    Cataclysm completely rehashed (with changing of geography, quest chains, npc's, flight paths, lore, and sometimes - contested zones changed into horde or alliance) content of almost ALL (Almost - except TBC starting zones and Sillithus) Azeroth zones, added starting zones for new races, and 5 high level zones (one of them is like subcontinent, Vashjir split into 3 parts). It is 20 Kalimdor zones, 24 Eastern Kingdom Zones, Vashjir, Kezan and Lost Isles. And Tol Barad.

48 new zones with quest chains vs 8 and half? Damn, Wotlk was small!
    And how many zones did you actually see? In wotlk or bc you levelled in those new zones. Did you level from 80 to 85 in rehashed ungoro crater? Doubt it. Unless you are an altoholic you don't see that content at all. So you get only 5 zones. even if you level an alt you can't see all zones, you level just way too fast. Dare you go into a dungeon while levelling you'll have to leave your levelling zone as it'll become gray.
    Now, you get less 5 man dungeons. Wotlk had 12 on release. Cata had 7! Now you get "new" amani dungeons, well. It's now 13 v 9 if you compare 3.2 vs 4.2.
    And on top of that you get less raid content.

tl;dr you get more content if you are an altoholic. Otherwise you get less content.

Deleted
    @akts - it's your problem, that you don't want to see new content. The new content exist and it needed a lot of work to develop it.WoW isn't just an endgame content, it's whole 2 worlds, 3 continents in Azeroth, and place to level up from 1 to 85, not from 80 to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    Well looks like one of the resident water cooler hard cores has his panties in a wad. The zone revamp is amazing, frankly if you haven't rolled alts for both the Worgen and Goblin starting areas your missing out on a lot of fun; though I think that if your account does the Worgen area once you should have the option of just leaving it and being level 12. Back the zone revamp, the questing is so much better as it really isn't the same and there is enough content to level three or four characters with nearly no quest overlap. Then of course you smack into BC but that is a eight level roadblock - you really don't have to go there at 58 as the new revamped zones will carry you right to 60 easily.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

lol srs blizz ooh look lets give them a new darkmoon faire fail......
    Last edited by Ton00; 2011-08-26 at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo

Buttsore people are never content Boohoo I say bring it

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Erm, really? How can you even say that without any word on actual content? The darkmoon faire is honestly a waste of resources, and I know this will just become another daily quest hub.

DMF has ALLLLLWAYS been dead, for YEARS.
    Three new 5man heroics. A new raid dungeon, improved darkmoon faire, transformation armour pieces, armour bank, and more to come. So far from that small list that is a huge amount of fun right there for one patch.

I'm not going to hate the idea of darkmoon faire, but again it isn't like that appealing to me either. The transformation isn't all that too, won't bring me back to wow, it sounds more of a let down with restrictions of gear. Plus say I like my new t13 armour but I want it In a different colour do I have to suffer? Bring in armour dye too!
    Last edited by Kosic; 2011-08-26 at 10:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    @akts - it's your problem, that you don't want to see new content. The new content exist and it needed a lot of work to develop it.WoW isn't just an endgame content, it's whole 2 worlds, 3 continents in Azeroth, and place to level up from 1 to 85, not from 80 to 85.
    Yeeah its my problem I like my old character and I am not appealed to solo content in a MMO game. What a jerk I am, oh my.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    Three new 5man heroics ... huge amount of fun right there for one patch.

... The transformation isn't all that too, won't bring me back to wow, it sounds more of a let down with restrictions of gear. Plus say I like my new t13 armour but I want it In a different colour do I have to suffer? Bring in armour dye too!
    A positive note then some whining, and the kicker : "...won't bring me back to wow". This post is pure troll. So why do you post on mmo-c ?

What do you except of an expansion designed to revamped the old vanilla content.

We knew from the start that we will be seeing the old content with a new face or a bit redesigned, heck call it improved.
    As Blizzard promised they are doing just that.
    There are new things here but they are based on the old content.

Uldum, Ragnaros Nefarian, the Twilight Cult ( think of Silithius for a moment) are all elements of the the old game that have been redesigned and offered back to the players.

Are there fewer bosses? yes
    Is the expansion pack short? yes
    Are they using old content with modifications to offer you as new content? yes.

But honestly there was a need to come back to all of this.
    Because as WoW is made, things change. And vanilla left a lot of questions unanswered ( that if you are Lore enthusiast, if not you shouldn't care if the boss is called Ragnaros or Flying Spaghetti Monster )
    Ragnaros had to be defeated in his realm (Firelands)
    Nefarian, Onyxia, Sinestra and the entire black dragonflight where working for Deathwing even thou the latter never showed up in game.
    The Twilight Cult wasn't defeated in AQ even thou the entire Silithius zone was filled by them.

What Cataclysm offers:
    Killing Cho'gall pretty much cutting the head of the snake for the Twilight Cult ( and the expansion isn't over we may see more about them)

A chance to settle the score with Ragnaros where he is most powerfull

The death of Deathwing.

Basically a follow up of the most worshiped game of all Vanilla WoW.

If you ask me Cataclysm is the real expansion for WoW, TBC and WotLK being just follow ups to the ending of Warcraft 3.

Ofc this isn't the entire of Cataclysm offer but the revamp of the darkmoon faire, even if it will be successful or not, will be just as blizzard proposed to do.

I've been playing WoW since vanilla on and off, but seen all the major modifications. The game isn't perfect but i like it.
    All of the above stated i've managed to accomplish.
    The grind even thou existent is reduced.
    If i want to go in a heroic i click a button and a computer sorts it out. No more LF ing in chat for a dungeon no one gives a damn.
    Easier leveling ups, with new quests for the 1-60 zone.
    I can go normal rading and kill all the bosses, not like in tbc and Vanilla in which i couldn't go in Sunwell and Naxxramas.

patch 4.3 will offer us a raid, 3 instances ( and you have to be honest even thou you are hardcore even you aren't you will go at least 1 time in all of them) transmogrification more storage and an updated faire.

Those that rage about cataclysm. Just call it WoW 2.0. Blizzard is doing just that.

Deleted
    to dkey89, thanks for an uplifting, intelligent positive post.

Really ? This is the kind of crap they waste their dam time on instead of actually coming up with actual content ??
    God they just keep getting stupider and stupider

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Yeeah its my problem I like my old character and I am not appealed to solo content in a MMO game. What a jerk I am, oh my.
    Liking old character won't change that new content exist, and Blizz spent lot of time at working at it. New epic questlines in Ashenvale, Stonetalon, or Hillsbrad are Cataclysm content.