Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    On topic though, a huge reason Resto is a top healer is because of their incredible mana longevity and throughput. Most of the buffs recently were purely PvE reasons though, which is what makes it even more evident that they're strong (they can't seem to buff PvE without somehow overbuffing it, I don't understand it that much).
    Throughput is lower for resto shaman than any other healer. Longevity is also lower except compared to Priests I would say, unless you're feeding the shaman mana with a pet or something. Burst healing is lower and pretty much ALL healing except dispel healing is dependant upon casting, opening us up to interrupts. Out of all the healers we have the least throughput with instant casts.

I guess I just disagree completely with that entire paragraph.

The shaman's strength is not his heals. It's Wind Shear and totems.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Throughput is lower for resto shaman than any other healer. Longevity is also lower except compared to Priests I would say, unless you're feeding the shaman mana with a pet or something. Burst healing is lower and dependant upon casting, opening us up to interrupts.

I guess I just disagree completely with that entire paragraph.
    That's definitely not what I gathered. In any case, I didn't say it was better than all other healers, I guess I meant it was about on par with them. I was going to add the clause "coupled with all the utility given" but I think that wouldn't have been necessary.

Honestly, I think healing in general is over-the-top in arena right now. The game is inching ever-closer to WotLK levels, the only difference is that health has a much higher buffer.

The shaman's strength is not his heals. It's Wind Shear and totems.
    It is, but shamans were a second-rate healer compared to others after the Bloodlust nerf until they did the PvE healing+ buff. No class or spec would be any good if it weren't for correctly tuned numbers, no matter how much utility they bring. That was mostly my point, not saying that it's sole strength was healing, but the fact it's on par with others for once is what makes them top.
    Last edited by Tarin; 2011-03-12 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    I can agree with that I wouldn't say any one of the healers is "on top" at the moment though. Paladins may be slightly behind, but the other three healers are quite balanced for PvP. They all have different utility that makes them slightly different and creates situations where they're weaker or stronger. Priests got their manaburns, druids have the best CC in the game, shamans are very good anti-casters, etc.

I can agree with that I wouldn't say any one of the healers is "on top" at the moment though. Paladins may be slightly behind, but the other three healers are quite balanced for PvP. They all have different utility that makes them slightly different and creates situations where they're weaker or stronger. Priests got their manaburns, druids have the best CC in the game, shamans are very good anti-casters, etc.
    True enough I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Are you serious? I have never hit anyone with a 60k GHW in arena, 40k at best with a crit and mastery kickin in. Heck, I hardly ever cast GHW since its a slow 2 second cast and easily interrupted.

Unleash Elements + Focused Insight + Earthshield15% bonus = 40k NON crit GHW.
    This is a very common thing to do, also it's not 2 seconds, its like 1.7 max with Tidal Waves. If you are getting kicked, L2Fakecast.

So I hate to sound like too much of a newb, but... I am, so... oh well.

You all seem to have a pretty significant grasp on [Resto] Shamn PvP. I'm very new to PvP'ing with my Shaman, and I haven't been able to find any reasonable discussion on the topic until this thread. I don't suppose any of you would mind posting your Character/Realm so I could take a look at your gear setup and Talent Trees?

Questons:
    Talent Build?
    Glyphs?
    Honor/Conquest Gear: Always grab the one with Spirit as the Secondary Stat or...?
    Reforge to...?
    Gem for...?
    Do we need soft cap for any stats?

Thanks so much! look forward to drooling over your goodness!

SLT is a pretty solid CD, as evidently seen in the EU invitational.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmissle View Post
    So I hate to sound like too much of a newb, but... I am, so... oh well.

You all seem to have a pretty significant grasp on [Resto] Shamn PvP. I'm very new to PvP'ing with my Shaman, and I haven't been able to find any reasonable discussion on the topic until this thread. I don't suppose any of you would mind posting your Character/Realm so I could take a look at your gear setup and Talent Trees?

Questons:
    Talent Build?
    Glyphs?
    Honor/Conquest Gear: Always grab the one with Spirit as the Secondary Stat or...?
    Reforge to...?
    Gem for...?
    Do we need soft cap for any stats?

Thanks so much! look forward to drooling over your goodness!

Here is a talent spec I’m using while grinding out honor for my vicious set. It is one of about three viable specs for BG use, arena specs are likely a little different.

us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Wc02!!gjbg!gkSkWZSdYT

Here are the glyphs I’m using:
    Prime:
    Glyph of Earth Shield
    Glyph of Riptide
    Glyph of Earthliving Weapon
    Major:
    Glyph of Healing Wave
    Glyph of Hex
    Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem
    Gear:
    I’m using the Vicious Gladiator Ringmail Set, the other pieces like waist and wrist are the meditation set.
    You must enchant/reforge to attain between 4-5% Hit and between 180-200 spell penetration. After that focus on getting a minimum of 3500 resilience while gemming for Intellect and Spirit where feasible.
    Red socket: [Brilliant Inferno Ruby] [Purified Demonseye] [Willful Ember Topaz]

Yellow socket: [Mystic Amberjewel] [Willful Ember Topaz]

Blue socket: [Purified Demonseye]

Meta socket: [Ember Shadowspirit Diamond]

[Enchant Chest - Mighty Resilience] – To get as much resilience as you can, this simply is a “must have” enchant.

[Enchant Weapon - Heartsong] – The best healer weapon enchant there is. It procs quite often and helps with the mana regen.

[Powerful Enchanted Spellthread] – Best leggings enchant there is for all PvP casters, DPS or healer.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BFED123 View Post
    So, I would rather players 2k+ Post here on their feelings

-No Spell Proetection.(We do not use hots, everything is cast)
    2k+ players are not worthy to post here, resto shamans have riptide. Get your facts straight before begging for 2k+ players.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Druids and Priests are ahead of us at the moment I would say.
    this is why we cant have nice things.
    Shamans are by far, and i mean BY FAR the best healer this game ever had, since season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Are you serious? I have never hit anyone with a 60k GHW in arena, 40k at best with a crit and mastery kickin in. Heck, I hardly ever cast GHW since its a slow 2 second cast and easily interrupted.
    The highest crit I can remember is hitting my 2's warlock with 76k ghw using DMC: Tsunami.

Its simple to fake cast, plus, Healing Surge will blow through your mana if that's all you cast.
    Last edited by Leapers; 2011-08-29 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Quote

Deleted
    inb4 dont necro old threads

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    inb4 dont necro old threads
    This thread is barely 2 weeks old. It's fine.