Constructive Criticism.

Hola meine fruends!

Anywho,
    I recently switched to elemental (3 weeks back), to alleviate the amount of melee we were running.
    So far, everything has been wonderful! I actually prefer it now, to enhancement, with the exception of a helmet never dropping, QQ.

My main reason for being here, is A - I'm perma banned from the wow forums, and B - I prefer the mmo-champion community all around, and C - I just want to see if there's anyway i can improve upon my play style. Below is a WoL parse for Baelroc, and my Armory.

If there's ANYTHING you see that i could use improvement on, please feel free to clickity clack it down for me. Still relatively new to the whole playing a caster thing, seeing as I've been melee for my 5 years of wow.

I just want to ensure i'm doing everything right, for the most part.

- WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=2961&e=3206

- Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omnia/advanced

Much obliged, and i'll be checking on this every few hours.
    The world is a deaf machine.

hey big brother

It really sucks that you cant be on your Shaman right now...
    Since Wow down and mom and dad aren't home I can be your Shaman for tonight....

Signed, aesthetics' RL brother ...LOL

<Mod Edit: User was infracted for this post.>
    Last edited by Syronius; 2011-08-30 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetics View Post
    Hola meine fruends!

Anywho,
    I recently switched to elemental (3 weeks back), to alleviate the amount of melee we were running.
    So far, everything has been wonderful! I actually prefer it now, to enhancement, with the exception of a helmet never dropping, QQ.

My main reason for being here, is A - I'm perma banned from the wow forums, and B - I prefer the mmo-champion community all around, and C - I just want to see if there's anyway i can improve upon my play style. Below is a WoL parse for Baelroc, and my Armory.

If there's ANYTHING you see that i could use improvement on, please feel free to clickity clack it down for me. Still relatively new to the whole playing a caster thing, seeing as I've been melee for my 5 years of wow.

I just want to ensure i'm doing everything right, for the most part.

- WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=2961&e=3206

- Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omnia/advanced

Much obliged, and i'll be checking on this every few hours.
    After a quick look, I can't really see much wrong (and by much I mean nothing), but I just took a glance. Your FS uptime is decent, EM uptime decent. Elemental uptime was good. Your gear seems fine (though try to pick up the NF trinket from Baleroc, VPLC is quite terrible ).

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    After a quick look, I can't really see much wrong (and by much I mean nothing), but I just took a glance. Your FS uptime is decent, EM uptime decent. Elemental uptime was good. Your gear seems fine (though try to pick up the NF trinket from Baleroc, VPLC is quite terrible ).
    Good, would the either of the revered Avengers trinket be better than VPLC? We've not had a single NF drop . I assumed, even though the proc can be eh, atleast the static 400int would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetics View Post
    Good, would the either of the revered Avengers trinket be better than VPLC? We've not had a single NF drop . I assumed, even though the proc can be eh, atleast the static 400int would be nice.
    Oh the 400 int is very nice. But there are better trinkets And yes the Fiery Quintesence (spelling?) is a very good trinket and is on par with NF for normal mode BiS (the other BiS trinket being DMC:V).

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Oh the 400 int is very nice. But there are better trinkets And yes the Fiery Quintesence (spelling?) is a very good trinket and is on par with NF for normal mode BiS (the other BiS trinket being DMC:V).
    Again, much obliged for the information.

Talents and gear are pretty solid. There's 1 thing that I'd change, though.

Restore your reforges on your Shoulders and Enchants. This gets you closer to the hit cap (since anything over exactly 17% is wasted) and gives you a tiny bit more Mastery. Nothing major, but it's an improvement.

And I know you like going Haste heavy, but get the +65 Mastery to gloves. Haste is nearly identical (stat weight wise) to Mastery. The more stat points you gain will make up for the little loss of Haste.

And yeah. What rewn said: VPLC isn't great. The static INT is awesome but the proc is a huge let down. You'd get much better results with FQ (since the CD lines up with the ICD of FE via 2 piece) and NF.
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-08-30 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Talents and gear are pretty solid. There's 1 thing that I'd change, though.

Restore your reforges on your Shoulders and Enchants. This gets you closer to the hit cap (since anything over exactly 17% is wasted) and gives you a tiny bit more Mastery. Nothing major, but it's an improvement.

And I know you like going Haste heavy, but get the +65 Mastery to gloves. Haste is nearly identical (stat weight wise) to Mastery. The more stat points you gain will make up for the little loss of Haste.

And yeah. What rewn said: VPLC isn't great. The static INT is awesome but the proc is a huge let down. You'd get much better results with FQ (since the CD lines up with the ICD of FE via 2 piece) and NF.
    Yea, when i use FQ again, i'll have to reforge some stuff around. And i'll pop the 65 mastery on. The guide on the wow shaman forums suggested 50 haste, but you have a very valid point.

Again, thanks for this. (And a heads up, User320, is my actual brother, lmao. Not sure if that alone can remove his infraction, but eh.)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. You had 2 non-crit Lava Bursts
    2. I'm pretty sure you're clipping Flame Shock. The last regular kill I did lasted 4:26 where I casted Flame Shock 10 times with a total uptime of 98%. You casted Flame Shock 11 times in 4:04 with an uptime of 92%.
    3. You didn't use Spirit Walker's Grace - DON'T SHOOT ME! I know there's RNG but I would like to point out that it is still useful if you had to say move away from a crystal and Lava Burst was off of CD. Do not neglect this just because you can fire off Lightning Bolts!

Regarding #1: The Lava Burst crit mechanic is based off of whether or not Flame Shock is on the target when the Lava Burst cast finishes. If it falls off while you are casting LvB, then re-cast FS while LvB is in transit it will not have a 100% chance to crit.

It also seems like you have a bit of lag/delay between the time that you hit Elemental Mastery and when you cast LB/LvB. You had an uptime of 3.2s on the EM instant-cast buff. Try to shorten this delay, remember that EM is off of the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwiqshter View Post
    1. You had 2 non-crit Lava Bursts
    2. I'm pretty sure you're clipping Flame Shock. The last regular kill I did lasted 4:26 where I casted Flame Shock 10 times with a total uptime of 98%. You casted Flame Shock 11 times in 4:04 with an uptime of 92%.
    3. You didn't use Spirit Walker's Grace - DON'T SHOOT ME! I know there's RNG but I would like to point out that it is still useful if you had to say move away from a crystal and Lava Burst was off of CD. Do not neglect this just because you can fire off Lightning Bolts!

Regarding #1: The Lava Burst crit mechanic is based off of whether or not Flame Shock is on the target when the Lava Burst cast finishes. If it falls off while you are casting LvB, then re-cast FS while LvB is in transit it will not have a 100% chance to crit.

It also seems like you have a bit of lag/delay between the time that you hit Elemental Mastery and when you cast LB/LvB. You had an uptime of 3.2s on the EM instant-cast buff. Try to shorten this delay, remember that EM is off of the GCD.
    I terms of the SWG - I didn't use it because, it had worked out where LB was on CD when i had to move in and soak.
    I may have hit EM > FE > then LvB EM is tied to FQ/Engineering gloves. I'll try not to do this in the future. Still getting used to having an actual useful CD again, seeing as enh doesn't have anything, lol.