Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I want a new Shadowform look!

Does anyone else think that the transparent look is getting a lil old? i think we shud get a new look to go with all the new content

Titled changed to be less misleading ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-09-08 at 09:05 PM.

Agreed, I don't even play a shadowpriest and I'm sick of looking at the transparent purple/black. It's not interesting at all. Even if they gave it a cooler spell effect I'd be inclined to try out spriests...but they really need to give you guys a form, possibly give ya some transparent dark angelic angel wings or something.

Deleted
    yes, we could get new one.. we are using same look since vanillia, its boring..

Err...So there's no fundamental or technical problem with the look, other than it's boring? ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a new shadowform too, however I somehow still like the old
    But yea, not many classes have contained all their old forms during the expansions.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

I agree 100%, I am totally over my shadowform that makes all my gear look the same. if they can't update our shadowform the LEAST they can do is make an option to toggle it on or off. why MUST we be stuck with the most OBVIOUS buff in the game, we should be allowed to be discreet if we want....

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 02:11 AM ----------

and by toggle it on or off i meant the APPEARANCE, while keeping the buff.

Um.... the point of shadowform is that we look like a shadow...

However, I do think we could use some nice updates to the graphics. Something similar to the updates to the druids' shapeshift forms a while back. I think that could be achieved with just updating the races' forms as well though, which Blizz has already commented on planning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I continue to be amazed at the new complaints that surface. If this change ever took place, we would be graced with an equal number of dissenters against the new model. Then the cycle repeats, fun fun.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Agreed, I don't even play a shadowpriest and I'm sick of looking at the transparent purple/black. It's not interesting at all. Even if they gave it a cooler spell effect I'd be inclined to try out spriests...but they really need to give you guys a form, possibly give ya some transparent dark angelic angel wings or something.
    You don't even play a shadowpriest....

So you wouldn't know that it used to cancel ALL shapeshift effects such as
    Noggenfogger
    Savory deviate delight
    Holiday costumes

It was given stance status during wrath (Its own action bar)

My point is it has changed from vanilla quite a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah shadowform become old and outdated and the fact that you losing every gear goodness when you re in SF sucks even more.
    Maybe a shadow aura,smoke-like animation or even liquid shadow would be a nice update.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    And here I continue to be amazed at the new complaints that surface. If this change ever took place, we would be graced with an equal number of dissenters against the new model. Then the cycle repeats, fun fun.
    Wanting doesnt equal complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturtok View Post
    Err...So there's no fundamental or technical problem with the look, other than it's boring? ._.
    Hey, it was the same for the druid forms...

Deleted
    stop being greedy... you have shadow form + wings from dark evangel... you may aswell say warlocks look a little old how about giving them horns oh and while your at it add some more wings to palladins... srry im snappy in the morning, but its a case of aint broke dont fix it

Deleted
    a week after the update to shadow form

omg blizzard i like the old one wtf make a glyph for it like for druids i want i want i want i want

the soul effect from shadowmourne (not so huge and visible though), but with a little updated graphic on the form itself would be perfect imo lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    I would love a new shadowform too, however I somehow still like the old
    But yea, not many classes have contained all their old forms during the expansions.
    they could do the same thing they did with druid tree form(making a glyph for the old look)

They added the orbs and you get awesome apparition clone things so its not like they havent upped the cool factor of spriests since vanilla. :P

I do remember people asking for ravens though...I demand a graphic update to stealth!
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

I think what I can see happening they give the diablo 3 model look of the angel or something. What they can probably give half angel/dark angel. But thats just me.

All i was saying is i dont see why we have to be transparent i understand the darkness effect but being see through is a lil dumb imo. i also think we shud have a different bubble something like the bubble locks get from voids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    I do remember people asking for ravens though...
    I forgot about that, then remembered the scarlet crusade Raven priests in dragonblight. That actually did look pretty cool... =)

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jflitt14 View Post
    All i was saying is i dont see why we have to be transparent i understand the darkness effect but being see through is a lil dumb imo. i also think we shud have a different bubble something like the bubble locks get from voids.
    ......To look like a shadow. Dark and transparent. Kinda the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.