Poll: Eminen vs Lil Wayne

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Music] Eminem vs Lil Wayne

So guys, even tho I'm old school, I came to the conclusion that at the moment, there are two big names out there in rap as far as mainstream artists go. Talking about Weezy & Eminem. Now even tho I don't like any of em (I'm a Busta Rhymes, Biggie, Tupac & Bonecrusher kind of guy), I wanna know; which one is the most popular?

Well, this is obviously according to the MMO-C community and is not relevant of how it really is, but I'm curious. Also, if you don't like either, please at least vote your favorite of the two.

Thanks,
    Chicken

(Poll coming)

10+ Year Old Account
    dont like rap at all but probly eminem...since he uses his real voice

I don't really listen to rap, but i would choose Lil Wayne over Eminem any day. Mostly because Wayne just sounds more energetic and anything new that Eminem comes out with just sounds like he is QQ'ing into his mic.

Deleted
    Eminem >>>>>>>>>>>> Lil Wayne.

Eminem got more feeling, his lyrics are better, and hes not autotuning his voice.

Eminem in his prime>Wayne
    Wayne>Everything Eminem did after The Eminem Show up to now

The level of crap Eminem has done in the last 8-9 years, including the pills, puts Wayne ahead of him overall.

I don't think people are getting the point of the thread. It's not about who you like more.

On topic, I'm going to go with yeezy. Eminem is popular, but mostly because he was the rapper that changed the way people looked at hip hop. Wayne is absolute radio gold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I don't think people are getting the point of the thread. It's not about who you like more.

On topic, I'm going to go with yeezy. Eminem is popular, but mostly because he was the rapper that changed the way people looked at hip hop. Wayne is absolute radio gold right now.
    Yep. Tbh even if its not something I like to say, Eminem has been doing too much mainstream stuff lately and it simply doesn't work as good as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    The best way of gauging which one is more popular in mainstream society would most likely be an opinion poll, I would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Wow ... Its like those ppl comparin cod and bf... Cant do it.
    Both are popular but to diffrent crowds, i like both and think they equaly popular on diffrent stages.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Lil Wayne is terrible, I'd pick just about anyone over him.

In terms of who's more popular now-a-days, I guess maybe Lil Wayne is.

Deleted
    Why do people like Wayne? He abandoned his daughter even though he has the money to support her, and he has no talent whatsoever. I'm pretty sure Eminem can spit a freestyle, and Wayne can't.

I'd call neither good rap/hip hop artists though. Eminem was spot on with songs like The Real Slim Shady, Without Me, etc. But he fails horribly at his sentimental crap.

if i had to pick one weezy f baby wins easily. he comes up with the most absurd lines, my favorite being...

"real Gs move in silence like lasagna"

eminem has just been a parody of himself for quite a while now.

I hate lil Wayne his lyrics are shit and he sounds annoying

Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    if i had to pick one weezy f baby wins easily. he comes up with the most absurd lines, my favorite being...

"real Gs move in silence like lasagna"

eminem has just been a parody of himself for quite a while now.
    Cant stand rap or pop or anything mainstream for that matter its all overproduced auto tune bull Imo but.. eminems lyrics make sense where as from what ive gathered Wayne just throws random words together and and tries to make them sound good lasagna? really? <,<

10+ Year Old Account
    Willing to bet everyone who voted eminem has heard no lil wayne mixtape raps or freestyles. Also as far as lyrics go wayne is miles ahead of eminem and I do like eminem as a rapper but he's just not on the level of lil wayne right now.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrinus View Post
    Cant stand rap or pop or anything mainstream for that matter its all overproduced auto tune bull Imo but.. eminems lyrics make sense where as from what ive gathered Wayne just throws random words together and and tries to make them sound good lasagna? really? <,<
    em's rhymes should make more sense since wayne's style is just spitting of the top of his head, stream of consciousness style. i'd say 70% of wayne's output is garbage but that remaining 30% is so good. i think that lasagna line is hilarious/phenomenal/wavey.

Reading comprehension dawgs. Use it.

At this very moment? Lil Wayne is probably more popular but when it comes to pop music, trends literally change over night. Tha Carter IV has sold nearly a million copies but if Eminem dropped a record right now lead by a strong single, he'd be back on top.

Deleted
    Lil' Wayne does not freestyle.

The man sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatShammy View Post
    dont like rap at all but probly eminem...since he uses his real voice
    ^this
    and i prefer emienem background, how to make something big from nearly nothing, i have a lot of respect for him.

I don't really listen to rap nowadays at all, so I haven't really heard lil'wayne (from the occasional radio broadcast) so I went to check youtube. Judgement: omfg shit. Eminem sounds lame too today but.. seriously? Eitherway Eminem was good like 10 years ago. Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4XHnTDTqc