Thread: Inspiration

15+ Year Old Account

Inspiration

I know it works with Ancestral Healing (5%/10% physical reduction)

But the real question is, does it stack or work with tank debuffs (Vindi/Demo/Roar)?

If it does~, then that means we get 2 free talent points to play with...

Any thoughts/math? XD

Deleted
    It does stack since one is a buff on the tank and the other a debuff on the boss.
    IMO, inspiration is pretty much a must have talent (maybe not if you have many shamans taking care of tanks I guess).

Tank debuffs are a seperate sort of damage reduction, put on the enemy instead of the tank.

Ragnaros hits your tank for 1 million damage. Your tank puts up Demoralizing Shout. Ragnaros only hits for 900 000 damage. Your tank has inspiration. Your tank only takes 810 000.

*Disclaimer: These numbers are 100% fact based, not fictional in any way shape or form.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

from another point of view, suppose you have a pally tank. If she has 81% mitigation with Holy Shield up, she will take 19% of the damage being sent her way.

With inspiration, this reduces that 19% further (10% of 19 is 1.9%). Inspiration multiplies against other sources of mitigation, so it's not actually 10%. In this hypothetical case it's only worth ~2%, and now the tank has 83% mitigation.

Don't let it confuse you, though - the more mitigation your tank has, the better additional sources of mitigation become. Regardless of diminishing returns, it's still way easier to keep up on healing than without.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-09-13 at 08:51 PM.

Idk, I don't see the benefit as a raid healing holy priest to have Insp. I barely ever find myself healing the tanks, and even then the proc rate is low since we don't really keep crit, unless in Serenity...
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

A long time ago (in the dark ages when I was healing) I remember reading a guide that said even if you are raid healing you should grab inspiration because your aoe heals and POM can proc it on the tanks when they hit the tank as well. Is that no longer the case?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    A long time ago (in the dark ages when I was healing) I remember reading a guide that said even if you are raid healing you should grab inspiration because your aoe heals and POM can proc it on the tanks when they hit the tank as well. Is that no longer the case?
    Inspiration
    Reduces your target's physical damage taken by 10% for 15 sec after getting a critical effect from your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Penance, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, or Circle of Healing spell.

We run 3 spriests in the group with the tanks for VE healing, I mean, I guess it's worth it for Prayer of Mending and random CoH hits but I never cast PoH on the tank group :S

Oh well in that case it makes sense Mazi In my holy spec I have it, but I do 10 mans, so it probably makes more sense there. Never know when they might have slipped in a change when I wasn't looking though

mazi what did you do that poor cat, he looks very unhappy about his rosy cheeks!

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    mazi what did you do that poor cat, he looks very unhappy about his rosy cheeks!
    It's a Pikamew.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's a Pikamew.
    yesssssssssssssssss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjant View Post
    Inspiration
    Reduces your target's physical damage taken by 10% for 15 sec after getting a critical effect from your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Penance, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, or Circle of Healing spell.

but still, what else would you put those points in.

EDIT: i am not sure why i thought we were talking about holy, for disc there are alot of places to put those points.
    Last edited by mmoc7ea6c7b88e; 2011-09-14 at 11:20 PM.

I find that 1pt in Tome of Light & 1pt in SoL is more valuable to me on Heroic Rag than occasionally procing an Insp on the tank (we have a R. Shaman tank healing)

Hmm, that's interesting because our shammy (and everyone else in the raid) always tells me that shammies are bad for tank healing. Our disc priest also says disc is horrible for raid healing as well though.

They kind of are, but they are also terrible at everything on Rag for the most part, lol. We ideally ran 2x Hpal, Resto Druid and Holy Priest and one of our Hpals quit so he filled that role since the rest of us were so used to the fight already, etc. We've also 3 healed it a few nights with Pal, Priest, Druid so the Pal doesn't necessarily need the Shaman.. but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    from another point of view, suppose you have a pally tank. If she has 81% mitigation with Holy Shield up, she will take 19% of the damage being sent her way.

With inspiration, this reduces that 19% further (10% of 19 is 1.9%). Inspiration multiplies against other sources of mitigation, so it's not actually 10%. In this hypothetical case it's only worth ~2%, and now the tank has 83% mitigation.

Don't let it confuse you, though - the more mitigation your tank has, the better additional sources of mitigation become. Regardless of diminishing returns, it's still way easier to keep up on healing than without.[COLOR="red"]
    Actually any target will take 10% less physical damage with Inspiration (or Ancestral Healing) up than without. It doesn't matter what other reductions he has up. And this is what should interest us since Inspiration has no CD and we don't care about timing, we want maximal uptime.

Btw.: They should really change Inspiration to be just like Anestral Healing and work on any healcrits instead of having a huge list which includes almost anything anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Btw.: They should really change Inspiration to be just like Anestral Healing and work on any healcrits instead of having a huge list which includes almost anything anyways.
    I'd like that too. I guess they don't want Holy to proc it from Renew or Sanctuary and they do want Disc to penance the tank to apply it.
    Still, it's far more conveninent for shamans to apply it.

Penance does apply it, shield glyph and atonement do not for example. Renew, the two holy words, Holy Nova and Divine Hymn don't either.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2011-09-16 at 12:11 AM.