Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Shadow 4set: While under the effects of Archangel, your Mind Spike will not remove your Damage over Time effects from the target.
    I feel like that would be a bit OP in the end. Archangel already increases the damage of MS and MB. So then it would become every time you pop Archangel spam MSx3 and MB as many times as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I feel like that would be a bit OP in the end. Archangel already increases the damage of MS and MB. So then it would become every time you pop Archangel spam MSx3 and MB as many times as you can.
    Ah! But the crux of the matter is, you still have DoT uptime to worry about, Empowered can fall off, and you're not managing Evangelism.

But what's wrong with a slightly different rotation during a cooldown?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yes but if you are popping archangel when you you are going to have to refresh DoTs you are already doing it wrong

I wasn't meaning that the change in rotation would be bad so much as that the damage increase would be a bad thing (I wouldn't be surprised if blizz did they would come back pretty quick with a nerf)... popping Archangel already gives you 20% damage increase and then you add in casting 3 buff'ed MS's will not only make MB instant but will also have a 90% increased chance to crit. But it would be cool. Also, would present some interesting quandaries at what point you MF to get evangelism stacks back up and stuff.

That's why the Surge of Darkness proc would probably be better in everyone's eyes. Much smoother implementation.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    2pc: Your Echo of Light transforms into Serenades of Light. Serenades of light bathes your target in a wall of light that absorbs twice the amount healed from your direct healing spells, as well as applying the old HoT.
    Your Shield Mastery transforms into Bastion of Light. Every shield you place on the target multiplies the shield by 2 and turns it into a HoT for 5 seconds. The effect does not stack, as well as keeping the old bonus to shields.
    It'd be a way to make segregate the roles of tank healer/raid healer for both specs.
    4pc: Your Chakra turns into Nirvana: You gain the Spirit of Redemption model, all healing is increased by 20%, you get a battle rez, however you're stuck in place, and chakra now has a CD, due to it's elevated state.
    Your Power Word Barrier now applies a Power word shield over all members in your raid/party, as well as dropping a barrier in your targeted location. Also increases the absorbtion amount of both by 15%, however mana cost is increased by 35%.

Shadow:
    2pc: Your Shadow Orbs become Spheres of Utter Darkness. They act like the old Shadow Orbs, but once you hit 5, they add an additional affect to the following:
    Mind blast applies a DoT to the target
    Mind Spike acts as if 2 were cast, instead of one
    3 Miniature Shadow Fiends spawn along with your major one, however the big one only returns mana
    Dispersion now allows you to fade into the shadows to regain mana, however you can still cast, move and your spells become 10% stronger, do to you being able to be immersed in pure shadow energy
    Fade removes all threat instantly
    4pc: Your mind sear now applies Shadow word Pain on all targets hit
    Your Devouring Plague can now hit 5 targets
    Wow that'd be the most OP tier set ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the DoT cancelling effect from MS doesn't make much sense to me since it will alter the rotation to
    MSx3->MB->MF-> DoTS -> MSx3 -> etc
    when you have ES up,ending in a boring rotation.

Not sure that is the right way to go although i think that MS would be definitely be involved in the next tier set bonuses.

I would like to see a SW: P damage amplifier and a VT time extender.
    Something like

2P: When you have DP/VT and SW: P at the same target your target suffers an extra 15% damage from your SW: P / Your VT becomes an instant cast
    4P: Your VT duration is extended to 24sec / DP can be casted up to 2 targets or dealing 15% more damage if it's applied to one

Yeah too generic i know.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-14 at 06:53 AM.

Something that decreases the rng of shadow orb procs, like proc chance increase and that it stacks beyond 3 but 1 mindblast/spike is only able to consume 3 at a time.
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Is it too much to ask for the 4pc t10 bonus back in t13? :X

2pc dunno, random one.

4pc If mind soothe is casted on an immune target, the next mind vision will deal [250 000 + (SP/1.75] shadowfrostfirenatureholypsychicfall damage. If critical hit occurs, the next mindflay will automatically melt 4 random targets (either friendly or hostile) faces, forcing them to recieve 25 000 greenfireredfrost damage for 8 seconds while putting them in an undispellable shadowform. The shadowform prevents the target from staring at his gear for the whole raid [1 minute internal CD, i think it's fair]

Hell wow...what a tier bonus!

2pt: Increases the range for healing from Atonement by 40 yards.
    4pt: idc
    Last edited by iDot; 2011-09-14 at 12:46 PM.

Shadow //

2 set: The maximum # of orbs has been increased to 4.
    4 set: The number of shadowy Apparaitions allowed out has multiplied by 2 and they walk 20% faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    Shadow //

2 set: The maximum # of orbs has been increased to 4.
    4 set: The number of shadowy Apparaitions allowed out has multiplied by 2 and they walk 20% faster.
    Yes... wtb shadow army again!

2 set: When you use inner focus you will gain 100% crit on your next Greather heal, flash heal, heal, bindning heal or prayer of healing. increases the proc chance of surge of light by 14% when it procs it will make any of your spells instant and cost no mana apart from the hymn's.

4 set: Penance gains 1 tick more and adds a free renew. Chakra Sernity have a chance to add the buff "State of mind" stacking up to 5 times each buff will emprower your Greater heal, flash heal, heal and Holy Word: Serenity with 2% more healing increases when stacked to 5 times it will use itself. When in Chakra Sanctuary your renew have a chance to jump from target to target and renew itself it wont multiply just jump.
    Last edited by Tash; 2011-09-14 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Shadow:

2 set: Dark archangel now gives a 25% crit boost along with the current effect.

4 set: Your shadow word: pain have a % chance to make your next Mind spike; instant - off gcd - does not consume dots. <-----(Maybe damage increase)

15+ Year Old Account
    It shocks me how many of you are apparently using Mind Spike in PvE... its a terrible terrible spell and if you press that for anything but bursting down <100k hp mobs you are doing it very very wrong. If it doesnt consume your dots you would still not cast it, if it were instant cast or you could cast it while moving you would still not cast it. If we get a tier bonus to mind spike we will likely not replace our heroic firelands loot with next tiers normal gear - Mind Spike is That bad in PvE - please stop asking for it <3

Let me give it a try:

2pc - Casting a three orb Mind Blast on a target afflicted by Vampiric Touch will refresh the duration of Vampiric Touch.
    4pc - Your Shadow Appariations deal double damage and reduce the cast time of your next Mind Blast by 0.5 seconds.

So the first bonus would not only eliminate many VT casts, but would allow us to apply our VT during int procs and Tricks of the Trade and such, and then keep it up the entire fight.
    The second bonus double Appariations damage, but Appariations only account for like 2-3% of our damage so doubling it is about what a set bonus is meant to do, plus the side benefit (relatively minor, allows us to move a bit more) of instant Mind Blasts.

I dont think Int procs work the way you think they do...

Healing.

2 set: When one of your healing spells bring someone from injured to full health any excess healing is transfered to a nearby party or raid member.
    4 set: Casting Holy Nova will also generate a second Holy Nova centered around anyone affected by your Prayer of Mending. This extra Holy Nova doesn't hit enemy targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    For as much as a I currently hate ret and anyone who wastes a raid spot as one.
    Ret 2 piece: your Divine storm no longer shares a cd with crusader strike but it's damage is halved.
    Ret 4 piece: Your Crusader strike has a 4% chance to reset the cd on your divine storm

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

@SkillOverKill: I don't think it is an issue of people using in PvE (considering all the variations contain some kind of won't remove DoTs clause) but that people would like to be able to use this spell more.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    @SkillOverKill: I don't think it is an issue of people using in PvE (considering all the variations contain some kind of won't remove DoTs clause) but that people would like to be able to use this spell more.
    In that case, if people want to mention that using Mind Spike won't remove dots during archangel, then they should also include that it will have the ability to generate shadow orbs as well as evangelism stacks in order to be a successful Mind Flay replacement during archangel. Otherwise using Mind Flay will still probably be a slightly better option since it can maintain empowered shadows as well as Evangelism whereas Mind Spike cannot, despite the crit buff it gives to Mind Blast.

Let me try:
    2pc Shadow: Whenever you generate a Shadow Orb, your Archangel CD is reduced by 2 seconds.
    4pc Shadow: When you have at least 1 shadow orb, casting Mind Blast will now only consume 1 shadow orb, while still dealing the amount of damage corresponding to the number of shadow orbs you have.
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-09-15 at 02:04 AM.

I think your 4pc would have to be tweaked to "when you have more than one orb" otherwise once you proc an orb you'd always have one up and that would probably be a bit op