Keyboard: Logitech G15 blue
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Pad: Cooler Master Precision
    Speakers: Logitech G51

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Hey, what happens to 1.65v RAM in a SandyBridge build? :O /curious
    I think it has to do with the voltage differential between the IMC and the memory that causes damage. I'm running 1.65v Kingston HyperX in my work machine now... but I have it running at 1.5v / 1333mhz to be safe lol.

Edit: look I didn't see the next page! go me!
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I got my loops sorted out almost, so it's really just a case of bleeding the air out, which is gonna take some time. Got red in the CPU loop, and blue in the GPU loop, with orange antikink coils on everything. I didn't sort out all the cables like i intended to, it's too much hassle for all of them. I'll be posting pics up later, possibly a video as well. I must say it looks awesome, as good as i imagined.
    figures, i go B/W just as everyone else is switching to color

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome build as usual
    But not so easy on the eyes lol, massive clash of colors, tubing and cables going on there >_<
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

/faint
    10char
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-09-14 at 10:36 PM.

Hehe. Honestly, i thought it was about time i gave it a shot, since last time i used anything remotely stylish in my loops was black tubing with white coils - an absolute pain in the ass to bleed properly.

Some things i forgot to mention. I switched the rotation of the pumps so i can adjust the speeds (although it's still not easy to do), and i'm now running them at 2 speed instead of 5. I also decided at the last minute to change the top xigmatek fans with LED's to being "push" on the same radiator, to also provide more light inside the case, and the GT's are now "pull" on the same radiator. What i have found is that the amount of air that seems to be coming out the top now has increased quite massively.

With the pump speed change, the whole rig is damn near silent now, just a few trickles of air going through still. It wasn't particularly loud to begin with, but now it's taken on a whole new level of peace.

I almost ran out of coolant, but i've learned it takes exactly 1 liter to fill both loops to the point of just having small air bubbles left.

Anyway, piccies! I just saw how awesome imgur is compared to imageshack as well. Ignore the cable mess

I considered renaming it RedVSBlue for a short time, but i decided against it. You can see i had to make rather excessive use of angled connectors. In the end, it's 10000x better that i take a hit on the flow, than risk it leaking because of strain on one of the connectors.

Also, here's exactly how bad the tubing had gotten. On the top - normal, clear tubing. On the bottom - the previous tubing, algae as well. I presume it's algae at least, or some sort of growth. Scraping the inside doesn't leave anything notable other than some liquid. It doesn't seem like it's the normal clouding you'd expect either, being when it was sunny the other day, it seemed to be in "full bloom", luminous green. Despite killcoils throughout the loops, it still got this bad. Let's hope killcoils and biocide work together. Remember kids, growth in your loop may be the only contact you have with a biological being, but it's not your friend, no matter how much it whispers to you in the night! D:

What brand of tubing was it? And was it just Distilled you had those killcoils in? Because plasticizer leeching from the tubing would cloud it for sure, but how much I can't say.

Also, reverse color setup to mine. CPU = Blue, GPU = Red
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I've been using Feser One clear UV blue premix for the entire life of my WC build now, and apart from some minor particles in the CPU block after the first strip and clean (6 months in), I've not seen any tube damage or block gunking. I'm going to have to pull it apart in a few weeks, so will take a look again at the tubes. It's Feser tubing, also.

If theres still no issue with it, I'm going to stick with it instead of switching to distilled/killcoil/biocide. It's cheap enough, so why bother?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. Honestly, i thought it was about time i gave it a shot, since last time i used anything remotely stylish in my loops was black tubing with white coils - an absolute pain in the ass to bleed properly.

Some things i forgot to mention. I switched the rotation of the pumps so i can adjust the speeds (although it's still not easy to do), and i'm now running them at 2 speed instead of 5. I also decided at the last minute to change the top xigmatek fans with LED's to being "push" on the same radiator, to also provide more light inside the case, and the GT's are now "pull" on the same radiator. What i have found is that the amount of air that seems to be coming out the top now has increased quite massively.

With the pump speed change, the whole rig is damn near silent now, just a few trickles of air going through still. It wasn't particularly loud to begin with, but now it's taken on a whole new level of peace.

I almost ran out of coolant, but i've learned it takes exactly 1 liter to fill both loops to the point of just having small air bubbles left.

Anyway, piccies! I just saw how awesome imgur is compared to imageshack as well. Ignore the cable mess

I considered renaming it RedVSBlue for a short time, but i decided against it. You can see i had to make rather excessive use of angled connectors. In the end, it's 10000x better that i take a hit on the flow, than risk it leaking because of strain on one of the connectors.

Also, here's exactly how bad the tubing had gotten. On the top - normal, clear tubing. On the bottom - the previous tubing, algae as well. I presume it's algae at least, or some sort of growth. Scraping the inside doesn't leave anything notable other than some liquid. It doesn't seem like it's the normal clouding you'd expect either, being when it was sunny the other day, it seemed to be in "full bloom", luminous green. Despite killcoils throughout the loops, it still got this bad. Let's hope killcoils and biocide work together. Remember kids, growth in your loop may be the only contact you have with a biological being, but it's not your friend, no matter how much it whispers to you in the night! D:]
    Clean those cables up and it becomes sexy :P

Nice build regardless.

My (old) heatsink got a bit larger.
    (I had the 212+ turned that way as an experiment, normally I had it turned 90 degrees of that, but temperatures were the same either way in my case)

Going from CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ to a Noctua NH-D14 (with 2x Arctic Cooling AF12PWM on both heatsinks) = ~9C cooler temperatures when running Intel Burn Test w/AVX Linpacks. (time to push the overclock higher)

I also put in some G.Skill Ripjaws X series 1600MHz 1.35V DDR3 RAM to replace my 1333MHz sticks. Mainly because my HTPC needed a RAM upgrade, and I figured I'd just move the sticks I had in my gaming PC over to my HTPC and get some faster RAM for my gaming rig (not that it *needs* faster RAM... it's one of those "because I can!" things )
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-09-16 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/IYPIW.jpg
    Most of my parts, just having to gather some dosh for my last couple of parts. Looking forward to my first build like children at Christmas (No I couldn't think of a better simile xD)

EDIT: Made it a link as it was a stupidly sized picture
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    EDIT: Made it a link as it was a stupidly sized picture

made it a thumbnail

Deleted
    Did some updates on my rig, corsair A50 changed to NH-D14, partially to allow more room for overclocking in the future, partially because I just wasn't satisfied with the cooling A50 provided in my small, badly ventilated apartment with always very high ambient temps. Kingston HyperX got changed to G.Skill low voltage sniper (not that you can see them under the cooler ). Also added a soundcard since the last time I posted a pic (SB X-Fi Titanium), which is actually almost touching the cooler when it's at the uppermost PCI-E x1 slot.

Should be set for a while now, doubt I'll update anything for a good while, next thing in the radar would be Ivy bridge cpu's and even then only if I don't need a new motherboard for that. Also ignore the messy looking bottom of the case, not much you can do with 3 HDD's, SSD and bottom mounted PSU, could've moved some the HDD's up to the second cage to clean it up a bit but... meh cba at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    My (old) heatsink got a bit larger.
    (I had the 212+ turned that way as an experiment, normally I had it turned 90 degrees of that, but temperatures were the same either way in my case)

Going from CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ to a Noctua NH-D14 (with 2x Arctic Cooling AF12PWM on both heatsinks) = ~9C cooler temperatures when running Intel Burn Test w/AVX Linpacks. (time to push the overclock higher)

I also put in some G.Skill Ripjaws X series 1600MHz 1.35V DDR3 RAM to replace my 1333MHz sticks. Mainly because my HTPC needed a RAM upgrade, and I figured I'd just move the sticks I had in my gaming PC over to my HTPC and get some faster RAM for my gaming rig (not that it *needs* faster RAM... it's one of those "because I can!" things )
    Sounds like a very reasonable upgrade . Loving the matching fans on the heatsink too!

Anyone has a clue of how the Fractal Design R3 and XL airflow compare to each other with the included fans with say, one graphics card installed? Wondering which one would be better regarding my upcoming build.

Also, maglites are the shit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at all the comps in this thread, WOW! I feel ashamed for buying a DELL. Nonetheless, a good comp that does what I need (Studio XPS 9100 upgraded to 24GB of RAM).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Sounds like a very reasonable upgrade . Loving the matching fans on the heatsink too!

Anyone has a clue of how the Fractal Design R3 and XL airflow compare to each other with the included fans with say, one graphics card installed? Wondering which one would be better regarding my upcoming build.

Also, maglites are the shit!
    I'd think the two cases would be similar in airflow with the stock configuration, but in either case I'd want to fill up the front intake fan slots. The thing I like about the XL is that if you only have one 5.25" drive installed, it comes with an adapter to mount a 120mm fan in the remaining 3 bays, which blows air straight at the CPU cooler (assuming you have a tower style heatsink). So with my setup, the top 120mm intake blows straight at the CPU, the middle 140mm intake fan blows air at the GPU (I removed the top HDD cage so it doesn't have any obstacles), and the bottom 140mm fan cools the drives in the bottom HDD cages. The XL has more exhaust fans with the stock setup, but the R3 could have more exhaust CFM with additional fans than the XL, since the "top" 180mm fan in the XL doesn't move a ton of air. I haven't had a problem with heat lingering in my case though.

(and yes, maglites are the shit, especially when working inside a black computer case with black internals in a semi-dark room )

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdunity View Post
    Looking at all the comps in this thread, WOW! I feel ashamed for buying a DELL. Nonetheless, a good comp that does what I need (Studio XPS 9100 upgraded to 24GB of RAM).
    jeeeez.... how much did you pay for that upgrade in RAM? x_x
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...6/P1000338.jpg

bask in the glory of my first ever PC build and probably the messiest rats nest of wires in history of computers. vcard is now an msi 570

Mobo - Asus M4A87TD-EVO
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.4GHz
    Heat Sink - Noctua NH-C12P SE14
    RAM - 2x2Gb A-Data 1600MHz CL 9
    GPU - Vertex3D HD5870 1GB
    HDD - 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3
    PSU - 500W SilverStone Strider Essential
    Case - CM Storm Sniper Black Edition

I'm going over to a friend's place today to help him move his rig over from his old POS cabinet and into this.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-09-17 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prettyyy. I haven't seen a Phantom with orange detail before.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650