Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

The end!!! OMG! I felt sooo bad for both of them. I mean you knew it would have to go that way, two Amy's could never work... but man. Also, Amy did a great job playing herself older. I had a moment there where I thought they had someone else play her and that maybe they just played her voice over it. Was very well done.

Also.. idk if I have mentioned it before or not but I am really sad they added Amy's monologue back into the intro. I was so happy when I thought that was no longer going to be part of it...
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-12 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The Girl Who Waited was the best Amy episode ever. And hell, probably one of the best Rory episodes.
    This is a picture I found yesterday and it's exactly what I thought when I was watching it, it was a good episode tho

Also, http://imgur.com/Nc10X?full lawl....I love reddit.com/r/doctorwho

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yea I was thinking along those lines but remember that Rory was able to interact with others while he waited, he wasn't just stationary. Amy was stuck in an environment with no other people besides herself.

Spoiler below.

Hopefully he goes back for Amy. :/

If not, let's see who the new sidekick is. Might be Riversong, since they supposedly spent a lifetime together. It'll fill the gap between her last encounter and her death.

Deleted
    I just caught the whole nightmare room thing episode earlier, and I skipped a few out before that episode.

I'm sorry to say it but, for me at least Doctor Who has lost it's charm. I don't think it's the new doctor, he's fairly decent (not as good as David Tennant,but realisticly he was never going to be able to be better for me at least). Don't think it's the sidekick either. Martha Jones was annoying as hell, and Billie Piper was average at best.

I think my main gripe with it is the story. I mean what the fuck was going on ? I watched the first few of this series and it was like they were flinging shit at the walls hoping some would stick. Were the writers all on hardcore drugs ?

I don't know, but at least they're bringing the cybermen back with James motherfucking Corden so that's something I'll tune in for.

Is it me ? Is my nostalgia to the Tennant era blinding me ? Or is the quality slipping ? Who knows.
    (Also the latest series of Torchwood I've just gotten through and it's a total pisstake compared to before. 10 episodes, same story : doesn't work, especially when it's this bad.)

I'm definetly looking forward to the next episode (who wouldn't be?!).

And regarding these new episodes: I think they're just out to show his darker side. How he has a god complex, how he has to save everyone, how he decides when people die/he robs people of their lives (Amy, and her losing her childhood), and how innocents sacrifice themselves for him (the woman in today's episode). The latest episode really portrayed all of these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I'm definetly looking forward to the next episode (who wouldn't be?!).

And regarding these new episodes: I think they're just out to show his darker side. How he has a god complex, how he has to save everyone, how he decides when people die/he robs people of their lives (Amy, and her losing her childhood), and how innocents sacrifice themselves for him (the woman in today's episode). The latest episode really portrayed all of these.
    But do we need to see his darker side ? I'm not sure I like the direction the writers are taking the show. It was always obvious that the Doctor had a massive god complex and a need to save everyone which more often than not leaves him alone in the end. (See what happened to Rose : alternate dimension ...)

Have there been Daleks this series ? (I don't think so, since it has been mainly and almost exclusively focused on Amy and River Song's story) At least there are cybermen, but the whole story just wasn't compelling to me. Is it just me or are others dissapointed with the series on some points ?

I think we saw Daleks right at the start, and they all got a new look. We shall see...

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, Stephen Moffat, the writer for this season has said he's shelving Darleks as long as he's in control, which for me at least is a great thing. Yes Darlek's are the biggest of the Dr Who villains... but it's getting a bit old now :P HOW many times can they bring them back?

as for this episode EPIC, another brilliant one, loved this one, and the previous one. Also you KNOW this isn't Amy's last episode, she's FFAARR too hot to write out in such an anticlimactic way.

and is it just me, or did everyone else think that the numbers on the Doctor and Amy's doors where going to be important (7 and 11)

<3 this season, <3 Dr Who <3<3<3 Amy Pond <3<3<3
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    nope, Stephen Moffat, the writer for this season has said he's shelving Darleks as long as he's in control, which for me at least is a great thing. Yes Darlek's are the biggest of the Dr Who villains... but it's getting a bit old now :P HOW many times can they bring them back?

as for this episode EPIC, another brilliant one, loved this one, and the previous one. Also you KNOW this isn't Amy's last episode, she's FFAARR too hot to write out in such an anticlimactic way.

and is it just me, or did everyone else think that the numbers on the Doctor and Amy's doors where going to be important (7 and 11)

dont know what 7 was, but 11 for 11th doctor i guessed.
    i didnt like this episode that much, wasnt bad but not the best. next one looks interesting.

and what happened to the silence? is that it for their story? they built them up so much in the 1st 2, then nothing really happened with them

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet we see the Doctors daughter/clone person in the final!

If I ever see this white house chap who wrote that episode,

He getting a firm kick right between the legs

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

How many times can blizzard use onyixa!
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i didnt like this episode that much, wasnt bad but not the best. next one looks interesting.

and what happened to the silence? is that it for their story? they built them up so much in the 1st 2, then nothing really happened with them
    Well the silence died, whenever anyone saw one of them. they instinctly kill them , and then completely forget about killing them once they look away.

So they had to run and hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

aye, I thought that maybe it was the date the Doc died, then I remember that wasn't it at all :P

as for the Silence, they're the 'main' badguys for this season, they're the ones who brainwashed River. At the moment we're in 'filler world' we have two episodes left of this season *cry* so I'm guessing the next one will finish off with the setup, and then the final one will be a nice big crazy finale, as we're used to :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Well the silence died, whenever anyone saw one of them. they instinctly kill them , and then completely forget about killing them once they look away.

So they had to run and hide.
    thats something thats been bugging me. one of those silence blokes where there to watch the doctor die in utah. WTF where they still doing on earth given that nearly every single human has a subconcious command to kill them?

Deleted
    When the Doctor looks into his room, after opening door 11, he says: "who else?" (can't remember exact line, but i was in reference to a person)

So, this is interesting, as his greatest fear is not something, like an event, but someone. I wonder who it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    When the Doctor looks into his room, after opening door 11, he says: "who else?" (can't remember exact line, but i was in reference to a person)

So, this is interesting, as his greatest fear is not something, like an event, but someone. I wonder who it is.
    i was guessing he saw maybe an older version of himself or something, cant imagine he would fear anyone as much as himself. maybe another timelord or something.

we probably find out by the end of the series -.- which is good but at the same time, really do we really to take away a mystery about him, how many times have you asked the question "what does a timelord fear"
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I think my main gripe with it is the story. I mean what the fuck was going on ? I watched the first few of this series and it was like they were flinging shit at the walls hoping some would stick. Were the writers all on hardcore drugs ?

Is it me ? Is my nostalgia to the Tennant era blinding me ? Or is the quality slipping ? Who knows.
    You've never seen any of the 30 years of original Dr Who, have you?
    Last edited by openair; 2011-09-18 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post

My guess is that he saw dead companions. That's why he made Amy and Rory stay behind when he left on the tardis at the end. That's what I think at least, if he didn't see dead companions then I'd guess he saw himself.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-09-18 at 11:08 PM.