Quote Originally Posted by Royaltru View Post
    alter is back up, you guys worry too much.
    Alter reverted to july, with significant leaks deleted. This has usually been a sign of Bioware intervening!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Cyrex View Post
    Alter reverted to july, with significant leaks deleted. This has usually been a sign of Bioware intervening!
    Don't know what you're talking about, same links and leaks are on the main page.

Guild Phase 2 just started right now!!!
    Damn u beated me. But yeah, November release FTW

Deleted
    Did bioware not state that launch will not be far behind guild phase 2?

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 04:12 PM ----------

Up to date for me, they even included a Q&A dated today.

Deleted
    its new stuff, just wrong publishing dates. o dear i thought it wasnt september still im going to bed

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Did bioware not state that launch will not be far behind guild phase 2?

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 04:12 PM ----------

Up to date for me, they even included a Q&A dated today.
    I could have sworn I saw a post by the alter guy saying they were moving their hosting to the Netherlands or something so they could give BioWare a big fat middle finger about making them remove videos. This was a bit ago, so unless I imagined that, their site just had a minor stroke, as many sites are prone to do from time to time (MMO-Champ did it here a few weeks ago and stroked out for a few days).

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen reid sad tut tut in his tweet, Expo is going to have RD!!!! :O

/jokes aside.

Nices patch notes

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    Nice, we are inching closer and close to release
    NO SUCH THING AS A STEALTH TRAIN!

I hope Stephen Reid is gonna put on that conductor hat soon!
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ancestorTOR View Post

He already did at SDCC..

10+ Year Old Account
    I love SWTOR!!!
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-09-25 at 04:23 AM.

No recruitment. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-09-21 at 04:14 PM.

I assume here you are talking about a dps commando and a tank vanguard. Would a dps vanguard use the exact same armor as a commando, then, assuming that “defense rating, shield rating, and stuff like that” are not useful? I would guess the answer is “yes” but I figure it’s worth checking anyway.

Similarly, are there any shield generator items that you are aware of that focus on dps stats?
    I would use tank gear with vanguard, no matter what talent I’m on. And the same true for commando with dps gear.
    I don’t think shields will give you dps.
    Can someone who's played Vanguard/Powertech confirm or deny this? This just sounds completely wrong. My suspicions are raised by the fact that earlier in the Q&A he says that Merc is dps and heals while Powertech is tank. Powertech is tank and dps, unless every other piece of information I've seen about the AC is somehow wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ancestorTOR View Post

He has already done it.

Also just a thought if there are a large number of guilds that want to play on the same server we could chain it up so we all end up going to the same place. You can only choose 3 guilds, but those 3 guilds can choose 3 and it can spider web out. We could do it through posts on here or a seperate thread.

The guild recruit thread needs to get bumped but i dont want to break the rules.

Deleted
    Just because guild phase 2 has launched, does not mean we have to spam this thread with guild advertisements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Just because guild phase 2 has launched, does not mean we have to spam this thread with guild advertisements.
    That was a lot nicer than I was going to say it.

Keep your guild crap out of this thread please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for an ally guild?

Look here! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-guild-thread

Looking for more?

Look here! http://www.swtor.com/guilds/search

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Also just a thought if there are a large number of guilds that want to play on the same server we could chain it up so we all end up going to the same place. You can only choose 3 guilds, but those 3 guilds can choose 3 and it can spider web out. We could do it through posts on here or a seperate thread.

The guild recruit thread needs to get bumped but i dont want to break the rules.
    I can't bump it, as I posted last. It'll need to come from a person adding a guild there.

Also, the spiderweb thing is true, but also not 100%. It greatly increases your chances of being placed on the same server if 2 guilds ally themselves to eachother. Though the spiderweb things has a chance to work as well.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Wait you dont like it?
    I think raiding in Wotlk was worse with the major hate..
    The "major hate" in Wrath was nothing compared to what Rets received in TBC.

Lolret or Retlol was actually a common "term" and people didn't want you in their groups or raids because the stereotype was that Ret is incapable of dps at all. And if there was a holy paladin in the raid/group already, you might as well not /w at all - was futile.

If I wasn't a GM and RL, I don't know if I could have raided at all in TBC, let alone down t5 content.

In Wrath, even with some lingering hate, we were still a good spec, with solid dps and nice utility. People might bash on us in chat sometimes, but we got raid spots because we put out decent numbers, had great cleave AoE and some great raid utility with Cleanse, and JoL.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time, I am actually concerned over guild placement and faction balance. I wrote this to swtor.com, and will let you know when I get a response:

Hi there. This may also go under guild support. Attached is a message I recently wrote to my guild, and I was wondering if you had anything to add to it. I'm concerned about server balance and placement.
    Also, with these numbers, are the chances of allowing us to create alts on the same server going to be impeded?
    Thanks in advance.

This only applies to people in guilds on the official site, but I don't like what I'm seeing. I hope there are tons of non guilded Republic people to inhabit the west coast servers, or Bioware may have a hell of a time balancing the servers.

*Also, this goes to show, again, how absolutely important it is you sign up with the guild on our swtor site to ensure you are placed with the guild. It's looking like simply creating characters on the server may be hard. I will look into this more and see how it effects our alts we will roll*

If you go to the guild search page http://www.swtor.com/guilds/search, and look up Empire, pvp server, english, PST, and click the members button so it sorts them by number of members in guild, then do the same for Republic, it's so lopsided that it hurts.

A quick list:

(# of guilds including guilds with only 1 member)
    Empire guilds: 4168
    Republic guilds: 2257

Republic top guild member numbers:

Empire top guild member numbers:
    497 (Swifty's guild)
    497 (PC Gamer guild)
    493 (Swifty's guild 2)
    490 (Ruin multi-gaming guild)
    265 (Darth Hater guild)
    74 (Our guild)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is guild phase 2?
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.