Deleted

some questions about Coren Direbrew and shadow in general

1) should i use my normal lengthy rotation on coren direbrew, or should i use the burst rotation of MSX3-MB? he usually dies in around 30-45 seconds, which seems to be borderline DoT usage. problem is that when i use DoTs, i only pull 7K. my priest is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lebel/advanced.

2) when the trinket from Coren procs, should i refresh my DoT's or do they update automatically with SP? in fact, what stats do DoTs scale with automatically and which ones need a manual refresh? and what procs are worth refreshing for?

3) what is my JP and VP order for purchase? and what vendor should i unlock first in molten front? i'm not even close to unlocking my first faction even, but i thought i'd ask.

4) i'm struggling with keeping my "rotation" going. i cannot even keep my DoTs ticking right. one time i'll refresh one of them right in time, another time i don't notice another one falls off. sometimes, i even let SW:P fall off. and the rest is even trickier, i can't even keep a 100% uptime on ES, my MB stays off CD for prolonged periods and i forget to use SW. any advise is appreciated.

Best advice possible: reroll.

Try to keep it constructive and helpful - Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-23 at 11:49 AM.

As you said, Coren dies in less than a minute, just burst him, dps doesn't matter.
    Unlock the vendor with the best upgrade first. They are only a few days apart so shouldn't matter that much, too.
    For dots: use a dot timer like Needtoknow (bars), Tellmewhen (icons), Raven or one of the many other options.

I see what you're doing.

Deleted
    Just pop SF and spam MS/MB. Fights is too short (mostly) for the dots to be effective (generally around 30 seconds).

Yes, you need to reaply dots to get any effect from trinket procs. SW:P is automatically refreshed by mindflay though.

Spend your VP on the t12 chest first and hope you get lucky in BH and win hands/legs.

Use one of the addons suggested above to track dots. I also use powerauras for shadow orbs/ES timer etc.
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2011-09-23 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you know beforehand how good other dps is theres no real way to tell(inspecting them takes longer then the fight itself) if you're running it with guildies/friends just go full rotation with bad geared dps and MSX3-MB with good geared dps

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zomg Arlee is a mod!! Run!! j/k grats Arlee.

OT: For #4, get yourself a solid dot timer. I like Event Horizon myself, may want to google it. Also there is a great guide stickied up there be sure to read it!
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Get something to track your dots better, I used quartz. Get rid of heartsong, use power torrent, heartsong does nothing for shadow.

I pulled 30.6k on him last night with an opening of SW:P, Shadowfiend, flay till ES then MB, VT, DP, Archangel, flay, flay, MB, death under 25. hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    1) should i use my normal lengthy rotation on coren direbrew, or should i use the burst rotation of MSX3-MB? he usually dies in around 30-45 seconds, which seems to be borderline DoT usage. problem is that when i use DoTs, i only pull 7K. my priest is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lebel/advanced.

2) when the trinket from Coren procs, should i refresh my DoT's or do they update automatically with SP? in fact, what stats do DoTs scale with automatically and which ones need a manual refresh? and what procs are worth refreshing for?

3) what is my JP and VP order for purchase? and what vendor should i unlock first in molten front? i'm not even close to unlocking my first faction even, but i thought i'd ask.

4) i'm struggling with keeping my "rotation" going. i cannot even keep my DoTs ticking right. one time i'll refresh one of them right in time, another time i don't notice another one falls off. sometimes, i even let SW:P fall off. and the rest is even trickier, i can't even keep a 100% uptime on ES, my MB stays off CD for prolonged periods and i forget to use SW. any advise is appreciated.
    1. Doesn't matter how you want to do it. MSX3/MB works just as well as the full rotation.
    4. Get ForteXorcist or a similar addon to track your dots. On my priest, Shadow Word Pain is blacklisted (as Mind Flay refreshes it and I can just glance at my target to ensure it's there.) I also use Xperl, with my portrait and my target's portrait moved to the bottom of my screen above my action bars. The target portrait is configured to only show my debuffs (and his buffs should I need to dispel) and I also use that to make sure my debuffs are applied.
    Putin khuliyo