Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    are the other season as good as this?
    You're going to get a million different answers on this (I even know a guy that swears the 9th doctor is the best of all time). My personal opinion of the "new series" I enjoyed the first two seasons, I was kinda meh on the 3rd, but the 4th season with donna is by far my favorite season of the new series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather let down by the latest series...the only big questions we really have is who blew up the tardis and does the doctor really die...which of course he doesn't as he always finds a way out so we don't have that much to look forward too..most of my questions were answered by finding out who riversong was as we now basically know her entire life excluding a tiny part...we see her born and see her death so not much to look forward in that respect...

I preffered david tennants doctor...his relationships with rose and donna were great and i really felt sad when rose got trapped and when donna lost her memory...however with amy and rory it's different...rory has died so many times that it's not suprising and we know that rory and amy will eventualy settle down together so no real mystery there it's just about when it will happen.

Oh yeh and the finale for the current series is only one episode long compared to the previous 2 episode long ending for every series since 2005...i doubt they can get alot of answeres revealed in just one episode while still making it exciting and will prob feel rushed like a good man goes to war...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-09-23 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Or maybe Jack Harkness will just show up and save the day. Thats the only thing missing from the 11th Doctors episodes. Needs a little Jack.
    I do miss Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    btw the way matt smith stood the whole of the villians of the galaxy down in "the pandorica opens" was soo amazing. "So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little space ships with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you, and then, *and then*, do the smart thing! ... Let somebody else try first. "
    That was really epic. I honestly really enjoyed the entire Pandorica storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    You're going to get a million different answers on this (I even know a guy that swears the 9th doctor is the best of all time). My personal opinion of the "new series" I enjoyed the first two seasons, I was kinda meh on the 3rd, but the 4th season with donna is by far my favorite season of the new series.
    Danna was super awesome... she was like the Doctor's best friend... no complicated "she's in love with him crap" just two friends out to explore the whole of space ans time. I loved when they ran into each other during the Adipose episode. That scene never fails to crack me up

I have tried and tried to get into this show, I've got maybe 6 episodes under my belt but I do not like it. I LOVE Torchwood, but for some reason I cannot get into Doctor Who. I have only watched the most recent season so maybe thats my issue? What series has Jack in it? I have Netflix and there are so many options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I have tried and tried to get into this show, I've got maybe 6 episodes under my belt but I do not like it. I LOVE Torchwood, but for some reason I cannot get into Doctor Who. I have only watched the most recent season so maybe thats my issue? What series has Jack in it? I have Netflix and there are so many options.
    of the new series, series 1,2,3,4

first episode hes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTQhB...eature=related

last one hes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rv9o...eature=related
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-09-23 at 03:52 PM.

If you like Jack you deffinitly should start at Season 1 when Eccelson was the Doctor. It's where we first meet him and you'll get a lot of his back story. Plus... idk I sort of feel like to understand where the story is now you need to see the episodes. I mean not to understand what is happening... but more of why it is how it is. If that makes any kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    of the new series series 1,2,3,4
    Holy crap thanks for the fast reply! I just put it my my queue. TY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Jack is in the 9th-13th episodes of the 1st season of the 2005 series, but I would watch the whole season up to that point. There are some not so great episodes in there (I hate Aliens of London and World War Three) but some of the others are great. You also get to see a pretty familiar face that is involved with a pretty familiar rift in The Unquiet Dead...

He then shows up for 3 episodes in the 3rd season and a couple more in the 4th. really though, I would try to watch them all. I recently went back and started watching the series again from the start of the 2005 series and am the first to admit, those early episodes are not the best but they do set up a fair amount of the story for Rose who is a major part of the first few seasons. Once Jack shows up, the rest of the first season is great and then it switches to the 10th Doctor played by David Tennant and its all good from then on out I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    in series 1 jack is in it from episode 9-13. oh yeh hes also in the 2nd episode of the first series...but you really won't recognise him...hes kind of umm "evolved" then and uses a different name.

Hmm I never got into Torchwood... but how do they explain Jack's "condition" in Torchwood, or do they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    in series 1 jack is in it from episode 9-13. oh yeh hes also in the 2nd episode of the first series...but you really won't recognise him...hes kind of umm "evolved" then and uses a different name.
    haha, ok yeah I get what you are saying now. I was wondering why you included series 2. So yeah, I guess you could Technically say he is in the first 4 season/series but....

BTW was it ever really confirmed? I don't remember there ever being a definitive yes or no. It is strongly hinted at however.

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hmm I never got into Torchwood... but how do they explain Jack's "condition" in Torchwood, or do they?
    He just says that The Doctor called him stuck in time or a fixed point in time or something like that. They have pretty much tossed all connections to Doctor Who out the window by this point though. Esp. with the latest Torchwood series.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    BTW was it ever really confirmed? I don't remember there ever being a definitive yes or no. It is strongly hinted at however.
    No, they have said specifically that they will not ever confirm that because they like it out there being debated.

Also, if you are going that way with it Jack is also in the second episode of season 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No, they have said specifically that they will not ever confirm that because they like it out there being debated.

Also, if you are going that way with it Jack is also in the second episode of season 1
    Heh yeah, thats what he said. I had totally forgotten about that as well until the first episode of the 2nd series and then it came back to me. heh. I wonder if they had planned that from the start or tossed that in for season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching Closing Time, the end bit was brilliant, can't wait for the next episode. I know the chances of him actually dying for real that day by the lake is very very... very slim but you can't help thinking "What if?..." Also, the Silence are such bastards, makes me want to change my avatar xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah he better not die, i'm still really expecting the fake doctor to die instead. Closing time was good, especially the ending!

Deleted
    this season seems really short compared to others

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't really like closing time either ....6 cybermen and a cybermat...not really on the scale of other episodes....

for example episode 12 of the past 5 series

series1- big brother, the weakest link, trinny + susannah and an entire fleet of daleks
    series 2- ghosts appearing all across the world, a giant portal to another world being opened up to let millions of cybermen in.
    series 3- the master captures the tardis, becomes pime minister, kills the president , unleashes an army of toclafane and takes over the world
    series 4- features all of the companions, rose comes back the doctor dies, an army of cybermen, a doomsday device that will destroy the universe, the earth has been moved across the universe to power the doomsday device.
    series 5- features all of the doctors enemies and the doctor gets locked in prison the tardis explodes and the universe ends.
    series 6- 6 cybermen and a cybermat attack a shopping centre they are defeated by love....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this season seems really short compared to others
    Its not really. They just split it in half. What we are watching since Let's Kill Hitler has been the 2nd half of season 6. Thats why there was such a small time gap between Let's Kill Hitler and the episode before it. After the finale, we have to wait a whole year before season 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing Time; Excellent episode with a really awesome sendoff at the end between Craig and The Doctor (the river scene was good too but come on... Stetsons are cool!)

Deleted
    Wasn't there some episode where the doctor was cloned or something? I seem to remember something stupid like that..

Anyway, I like Matt Smith as the doctor, much better than tennant but a bit worse than ecclestone. If Matt Smith had the ecclestone writing staff/story lines it would probably be my favouritest run ever, but most of the matt smith episodes have been "meh" for me, though I did like the god complex one.